Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#331 of 935 Old 07-06-2014, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Leg cramps are annoying. I think I drank nearly a gallon of water a day while I was pregnant. Definitely kept contractions at bay. It was one of the recommendations in the "what to expect with twins, triplets and quadruplets" book - drink lots of water.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 935 Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
@Xerxella - How are you holding up?
tracyamber likes this.
#333 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
X - just wanted to check in on you! How are you?

boots - yeah for twins!

I am so excited for all the new babies coming later this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#334 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Congrats boots!!!! That's awesome news! When's your next scan?

AFM - I feel like all I do is come here and say, "Wo is me." So, I had a bright red bleed this morning. Really??!?!!? I was literally shocked when I saw it. I just stared and stared at the toliet paper. Actually, kind of confused. Now (major TMI coming up), I did have a major bowel movement this morning. So, I'm hoping I just popped a blood vessel in my cervix or something. But, really??!?!? Why can't this just be easy? I called the doc's office. She comes in at 2 and they'll call me then and advise. I'm hoping they can get me in somewhere for a quick u/s. Let's just see if anybody's alive in there. With this bleed and the heartrate scare, I'm not certain about anything.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#335 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

If I were you, I'd be saying wo is me, too! There's always a zillion innocuous reasons for everything you're experiencing, but it's gotta be hard not to assume the worst. I hope they call you back ASAP, and that all is well. If you do get an ultrasound, maybe ask about previa. That would explain the bleeding, at least.
#336 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
@Xerxella
Hugs....... Thinking about you and always stalking.
#337 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@Xerxella - Never worry about coming here for support. I'd be freaked out too! We're here for you whatever the outcome and i hope so hard that everything's ok and it's just a blood vessel or SCH or something easy. We're here for you!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#338 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Xerxella, I hope the bleeding has ended. I had that happen at about 16 weeks with my twin pregnancy. Doctor was never ble to figure out why and it didn't happen again.
#339 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Sending you good thoughts @Xerxella .

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#340 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 05:46 PM

Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014

Well all is well. I'm 11+6 and both beans are measuring 12+5! Heartbeats of 160 & 175. B is the one with the higher heartbeat. I don't know why he seems to have such a variable heart rate. It still worries me.

There is no SCH. And there's no visible reason for the bleeding. Cervix is long and closed.

So, the drama continues. I'm beginning to reconsider doing the NT scan. They're only going to say bad things. I just know it. And since we're not going to terminate, why know bad things? I don't know. Did anybody else not do the NT scan? We didn't with our first 2, but things seem so much more fragile these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Xerxella; 07-08-2014 at 12:21 AM.
#341 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Xerxella, I'm so glad everybody looks good! We did the nucheal scan (?) but not the more intensive searching. I also felt like we wouldn't terminate anyway, especially since there's even a single percentage of a chance for a false positive, so I didn't want the stress. I totally support your not wanting to do it! I think my biggest reason for the scan was just to see the little one again. Sending you support and hope!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#342 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

So glad for good news!! Go babies, go!

We haven't done the NT scan with either pregnancy. I don't want the ultrasound exposure or the information from the scan. And I'm only 30, so our risks are low, anyway. (Not that I have issues with anyone else choosing to do it.) We just did the 20 week scan. I figure if there are issues, we have their whole life to fret about it. I just want to know if I'm likely to need special intervention at delivery, and I feel like the anatomy scan is good enough for that.
#343 of 935 Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Xerxella - glad to hear they are perfect! My only thought is to keep doing it the way 'you' want to - it's worked so far and causes you less stress xxx
#344 of 935 Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
X - So glad to hear all is good!!!

I didn't do the NT scan with either of mine. Like you, I knew I wouldn't terminate anyways, and like Monkey, knew that if anything was wrong we'd have their whole lives to work with it. I wanted the pregnancy to be as blissful as possibly (as if that happens when you dealt with IF). I figured I worried enough the whole way through, I didn't want that added in.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#345 of 935 Old 07-08-2014, 05:45 AM

I think I'm going to cancel it and just do the 18-20 week scan.

For anybody that did it, can you post the pictures?

Here's the pictures from yesterday. I'm worried about the thickness of B's NT. See what I mean? (A is first, B is second).

#346 of 935 Old 07-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I don't really know what I'm looking for, but their necks look the same to me. They look beautiful!
hope4light and tracyamber like this.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#347 of 935 Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hi all: just popping in to see all of you - old friends and new. Glad so see X and your babies. And Kewpie, congrats on the twins. I am not sure if I said that already. I think that two sets of twins is perfect. Did you get any frosties? Sorry for not knowing, it was already posted I am sure, but I am so far behind.

Laggie - how are the twins.

Here is a pic of my little happy girl. She is so smiley and happy, I still can't believe she is mine.

For those who have used donor eggs/sperm: I have been reading about genetic testing online. There are a few sites, but one called 23andme (and others) have actually connected people with their lost relatives. The whole idea gets me excited that maybe someday my little girl will be able to meet some of her genetic family. It is a simply saliva test that costs about $100, and depending on your genes, you can get quite a few results (those who have a long ancistery in the US can get many linkages). I am sure when she gets older the technology and data will be much more advanced and hopefully there will be hope of finding them, if she wants. They don't even know that she exists, so its not like they will be looking for her.

Monkey, tracey, tear - I have no idea what is going on with you. I am off to stalk all of you after posting this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01529.jpg (250.7 KB, 12 views)

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#348 of 935 Old 07-08-2014, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quick AAM - I had my 28 week appointment today. Everything looks great except some sugar in my urine. I'll do my one-hour GTT sometime next week, and my doctor actually recommends against fasting, so I'm less worried about it making me sick. Follow-up ultrasound for the choroid plexus cyst will be the 17th, and hopefully baby will cooperate and let us find out if it's a he or she!
hope4light, rcr, kewpie80 and 1 others like this.
#349 of 935 Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Great read on morning sickness...... Which some of us are experiencing.
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/...d-their-unborn
#350 of 935 Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 PM

@monkeyscience - That's awesome! 28 weeks seems so far along. That's well into the viability stage. That must feel wonderful.

@tracyamber - Is morning sickness killing you? It's ok to complain about it.

EOE - How's everybody doing? I'd love to hear updates.

AFM - I feel I'm defintiely on the downslope of morning (all day) sickness, so that's nice. 12w2d today. I drew the blood for the MaterniT21 test this morning. The genetic counselor said it'd take only a week to get back, so hopefully by next Friday, I'll have a result! So fast! We decided not to do the NT screening. It was just too much ambiguity.

#351 of 935 Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

X - Glad you were able to make a decision about that. The MaterniT21 test should be much more accurate than the ultrasound screening, anyway. When will you have your next doctor's appointment, do you know? You're almost out of the first trimester (or already are, depending on which calendar you use), so that's pretty exciting! What do your kids think about all of this? (If you've told them?) And yes, it's nice being a month past viability. I still have no real thoughts that this baby will come early, but I like reading that he/she should be 2+ lbs already. 90+% survival rate at this point. P.S. What do you want your blurb to say on the roster?

rcr - Hi! I posted right after you, so you can probably see what's up with me. Not a whole lot on the pregnancy front, just being pregnant and dealing with annoying symptoms. On the non-pregnancy front, still working on getting settled in our new home, and raising a toddler. Also, a pretty horrible thing happened in my SIL's family last night that's really got me reeling, but not sure I want to discuss it on here, for a number of reasons. SIL and my brother and their kids are all fine, at least. Thanks for sharing your smiley baby with us.

Tracy - Interesting charts in that article! It made me feel much less alone to see that, while morning sickness definitely drops after the first trimester, there are LOTS of moms still experiencing it for longer, as I did.

Is there anyone else who I should be adding to the roster? I've been a pretty crappy threadkeeper, and I know everyone has different comfort points for when they're okay being added.

Other than that, hoping no news is good news! I know the 4 weeks between standard early/mid-pregnancy visits seems like foreeeeeeeeever. I was slightly surprised (but a little excited) when my doctor said that this next appointment will be the last 4-week gap. After my 32-week appointment, she'll see me at 35 weeks, 37 weeks, and every week after that until the baby comes. My midwives did 4-week intervals till 36 weeks, and then every week after that, so not that big of a difference, but it makes it seem a little closer. Baby is quite wiggly, so I'm not worried often. But sometimes I like to feel like I'm "doing" something!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#352 of 935 Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM

@monkeyscience
Ugh, please don't tell me that. I am hoping my magic week will be 12 or 13. I'm besides myself and feeling miserable. My first pregnancy i had ms till 20 weeks but I'm hoping it was because I was pregnant with twins. I forget, are you having twins? So glad you are getting close. What a relief! I'm jealous in a way. By the time I reach where you are in weeks you will already be snuggling with your baby!
@Xerxella
Yes, feeling I'll these days. Like you, I don't want to bring the thread vibe down. Today I had my first OB appointment and I took them up on a B6 shot. I realized today that the heaviness I have been feeling sometimes after I eat is indigestion. I never had it before so I didn't know. I bought an antacid for that and flints one tummies as my prenatal is making me sick at this point.
Only a week for your materniT test results? That is cool. I'm sure everything will come back fine. Glad to see that you are feeling a bit better too... Lucky! My doctor offers the penta screen. Would you say they are about the same? I will have to do some research
Afm

Hi everyone else!!!!!!
9weeks on Friday
#353 of 935 Old 07-11-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
And Kewpie, congrats on the twins. I am not sure if I said that already. I think that two sets of twins is perfect. Did you get any frosties? Sorry for not knowing, it was already posted I am sure, but I am so far behind.
We got 2 frosties in addition to the 2 we already had, so it looks like just FETs from here on out.

So good to see you! Your daughter is adorable!

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#354 of 935 Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 AM

@tracyamber - the Penta screen is just another odds test like the NT screen. It takes in your age, HCG level, etc and comes up with an odds ratio. Not very helpful, IMO. The Mat21 (or Harmony or Verifi or whatever, they're all the same) is closer to an amnio since they look at the actual fetal DNA to see if there's any problems.

It's not as accurate as an amnio, but I like that they're actual looking at my baby and not at a chart to tell me my odds.

Although, your overall risk is low since your donor is young.

#355 of 935 Old 07-12-2014, 11:15 AM

@ xerxella
You are right! I really would like the maternit21 but my doctor's office does not offer it. It's kind of hard to find anything close to where I live.
Hope you are feeling well today! When will you have the results next week?
#356 of 935 Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 AM

Check-in time!

@iixivboots - I've lost track of you. When's your next ultrasound? How are those 2 beans treating you?

@monkeyscience - 29 weeks this week? Wow. It's not long until you hit the big 3-Oh. I guess my blurb would be the first one with a January due date? Jan. 20th is 40 weeks, but I'd be way too scared to go that long. The latest I'd go is 38 weeks, which is Jan. 6th. So, is Jan 6th my EDD? Expecting LC # 3&4 after recurrent losses.

@Autumnlaughing - 23 weeks about now? Are you getting excited about the age of viability?

@mainebaby and @NaturallyMo - How are you guys feeling about the doldrums of the 2nd trimester?

@tracyamber - Are you feeling on the other side of the morning sickness mountain? Or still in the thick of it? Hugs to you. If you really wanted the Mat21 testing, I'm sure you could call the company that does it (Sequenom) and ask them who in your area can administer the test. I've heard they're very helpful. But, I doubt you'd need it. (PS. I'm sure you already know this, but no matter what tests you do, make sure they do the tests by calculating the age of your donor, not your age.)

@kewpie80 - Are you 8 weeks now? Are you set up for another ultrasound? How is this twin pregnancy feeling versus your other twin pregnancy? Did it kick you around the first time? Hopefully, everything is going smoothly for you.

Did I miss anyone?

AFM - I hope to get the results of the Mat21 test by the end of this week. My DH is more nervous than I am. I just think a child with Downs wouldn't be the end of the world. I wouldn't ever ASK for it, but I think they have a lot of potential and full, if different, life. The other trisomies are so incompatible with life there's just not much that can be done. I'm more concerned about the 20 week anatomy scan. I hope that turns out alright.

Last edited by Xerxella; 07-14-2014 at 08:03 AM.
#357 of 935 Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi @Xerxella 2nd trimester is treating me much better, despite a yeast infection I'm battling right now. My energy is back and I'm feeling good...and itchy LOL We finally find out the sex of the baby in two weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to find out who this little person that I am preparing for.

I'm also in early nesting mode. We pretty much ripped our house apart so we can purge and organize. We got a lot done this weekend but then DH tells me that his folks are coming for DS's birthday in three weeks so now I have to get my entire house back in order in 3 weeks. Sigh. So much to do!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#358 of 935 Old 07-14-2014, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
X- I've been doing well, having mild stretching pains and back pain. Nothing I can't handle, though! Glad to hear you're progressing well- hope your test comes back negative for anything!! We got ours back a few wks ago, negative, thank God!! Take care

Hope all is well with everyone else!

#359 of 935 Old 07-14-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
Check-in time!

@kewpie80 - Are you 8 weeks now? Are you set up for another ultrasound? How is this twin pregnancy feeling versus your other twin pregnancy? Did it kick you around the first time? Hopefully, everything is going smoothly for you.
I'm 9 weeks now. My next u/s is tomorrow. I'm not nearly as sick this time. Last time i couldn't keep anything down. This time, I'm just queasy. I'm feeling the stretching a little earlier this time. The exhaustion is a little worse, but probably only cause I have 2 two year olds where last time I could sleep all I wanted.

The sacs were measuring 4 and 5 days behind, so that has me a bit nervous. Other than that, everything's ok for now. The spotting has been away for 2 weeks now.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#360 of 935 Old 07-14-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie80 View Post
I'm 9 weeks now. My next u/s is tomorrow. I'm not nearly as sick this time. Last time i couldn't keep anything down. This time, I'm just queasy. I'm feeling the stretching a little earlier this time. The exhaustion is a little worse, but probably only cause I have 2 two year olds where last time I could sleep all I wanted.

The sacs were measuring 4 and 5 days behind, so that has me a bit nervous. Other than that, everything's ok for now. The spotting has been away for 2 weeks now.
The sacs are measuring behind or the babies? Mine were doing that too. And, I was worried until I found a study that showed that in up to 1/3 of IVF pregnancies the sacs will measure small and it has no clinical significance, IF the babies are measuring appropriately and the heartbeats are also appropriate. Let me see if I can find the study. Here you go:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/4041400/

My gestational sacs caught up and everything looked normal as of the 11 week ultrasound and beyond.

Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page