Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 656Likes

#511 of 807 Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post
I have no idea how this keeps happening, but the scan was okay. Every time I'm certain it's over, and the baby is just chillin'.
Baby, placenta, etc all look good. Heartbeat was 157, measuring 13+2. Cerclage is "perfect" and cervix is the same length as pre surgery.
This is officially the longest I have ever stayed pregnant.

They can't say why I'm having these cramps - so unsettling, they feel just like early miscarriage contractions.
I get crampy feelings all the time if that helps ease your fears at all. Some light cramping is good and a sign that you're growing. I can understand how terrifying it feels, of course. I'm glad all looks to be well. hang in there!
Xerxella likes this.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#512 of 807 Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks for all the reassurances guys. Cramps like that, in my lower back, have only ever meant one thing before.

After the cerclage, I had really bad ones for a good 18 hours or so. They said the procedures could cause contractions, so I was expecting them, although they hurt like a sumbitch.

I wasn't expecting them back after they had settled, so that was scary. The cerclage is more uncomfortable than I thought, and I'm really scared of overdoing it. Everyone at the clinic was lovely though, and said they are happy for me to come in if I'm concerned. That made me feel a bit less of a hypochondriac.
Xerxella and hope4light like this.
#513 of 807 Old 08-13-2014, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Milk - I'm sorry about the scare, but I agree with others, it could just be a sign of a healthy pregnancy!! Hang in there, I continue to send you sticky baby vibes :-)

Hi to everyone else!
tracyamber likes this.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#514 of 807 Old 08-14-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Milk!!! Totally stopping by to say happy birthday and that I'm also sort of stalking you.
Xerxella and Milk8shake like this.

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#515 of 807 Old 08-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Milk, how scary. Everyone is right that some cramping is normal, but you should call if you have any doubts, you do know your own body and experiences. Hoping this is your miracle baby.

Monkey, you are getting so close. I remember that done feeling so well, for me it always oscillated between ready to be done and not ready to have a newborn!

Xerxella and Kewpie, how are the other twinsies doing?

rcr, your post was really sweet. I seriously hold all the IF ttc mamas in my heart even if I don't know them personally.

Lilac, I do try to remember how well your pregnancy went! I am at even lower risk for pre-term labor because I've been pregnant before. And being older actually helps, too. For once!

I had an OB appointment and an MFM consultation this week. Everyone seems to think everything looks and sounds great. We just talked about increased risks and monitoring. They did tell me that from my NT scan I had one 'quirky' result that was low papp-a. It's a placenta protein or something and can indicate trisomies or possible placenta issues, pre-e, or iugr. But my #s are good for the trisomies and my OB said papp-a actually leading to the other stuff was very very rare. Google scared the hell out of me. The perinatologist didn't recommend an amnio so they are pretty sure everything is all right. They didn't want to redo my M21 until 15 weeks, so I opted out. We would see any problems on the 18w anatomy scan anyway. I am dying to find out the sexes of these little beans.
Hello heartburn, my old "friend".

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#516 of 807 Old 08-15-2014, 07:50 PM

@zubeldia

I'm so grateful for the familiar faces cheering me on. In fact, I'm kind of relying on it. MDC has been a hard place for me in the last year or two, but before that, it really was my lifeline. There's nothing like pouring your heart out to a bunch of *strangers* on the interwebs. So even though I have been horribly self centred, and haven't done a single personal, please know that I appreciate all of your comments. They have given me strength.

So Thursday was my birthday. Not that it was an important birthday, but it was just this goal date that I was hoping to still be pregnant by. Tomorrow will be 14 weeks, so it was just timing that made this weekend seem important to me. So I have about 12 hours until I'm officially second trimester.

I've slowly started to feel a bit less nauseous this week, which in and of itself is scary. It is a reassuring symptom. I've been so incredibly sick this pregnancy, which everyone thinks is a great sign. It has been really difficult though. I've lost 14lbs in the last 4-ish weeks - for a while there, I could barely stomach even water. I've never been this sick before, and I think that's what has hubby convinced this one is a fighter. I've finally been able to eat a bit more normally this week, I'm still losing weight, but at least I feel like the baby is getting some nutrition!

ETA: Hmm, apparently my ticker doesn't update.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16**20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#517 of 807 Old 08-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Milk: Happy Birthday and I'm glad your feeling better.
rcr: I know what you mean but I also feel like it can't be said as even though we do show good success overall its not guaranteed. From what I understand Blue's pregnancy was pretty much a medical miracle. You had insurance, I had NHS and saving and both of us had access to and willingness to use donor egg/sperm/embroys. Many of those would not apply to other people. it's a funny thought that I might not have been able to go through 5 rounds if my dh were still alive.
AFM: Scary night last Thursday as I started bleeding. I have a lovely friend who came round to look after me. But a scan showed one baby and a heart beat, 6 week 2 days. So relieved. Had my first mum to be massage
Looking into a independent midwife, anyone else done this?
Xerxella and hope4light like this.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#518 of 807 Old 08-16-2014, 05:32 PM

@Milk8shake , happy birthday! We must be due date buddies, I will be 14 weeks Monday! I will not go that long with the twins but I think they said my official due date is 2/16. My birthday is 2/14. So much excitement.

Sliver, that sounds scary, glad you and babe are okay.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#519 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 AM

Happy 14 weeks due date buddy

Believe it or not, it's Sunday evening and I have suspected appendicitis. I'm sitting here analysing every twinge, hoping that I don't have to take myself off to the ER.
#520 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Oh good gravy @Milk8shake . You can't catch a break! I'm sorry you're going through that. Happy second trimester? I hope it turns out to be nothing. Keep us posted.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#521 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post
Happy 14 weeks due date buddy

Believe it or not, it's Sunday evening and I have suspected appendicitis. I'm sitting here analysing every twinge, hoping that I don't have to take myself off to the ER.
Oh man. If it makes you feel better my mom had her appendix out when she wasn't too far along with me.. I want to say probably near the end of the first trimester and It turned out okay. So scary though. That's what I worry about being pregnant since every girl in my family has had her appendix out at some point.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#522 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Geeeeeze, Milk! That sucks. Hope it turns out to be nothing. Maybe that explains some of the pain you've been having? But YAY second trimester! That's a big milestone. Oh, and belated happy birthday!!

We are going to have so many February babies - surely someone can arrange for one to come on my birthday, right??
#523 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Boots - glad everything is looking good overall. Have you already told family/friends you're expecting again? Have you tried telling your son? (We've told ds, but he definitely doesn't get it!) The heartburn just will not die this pregnancy. I've had it from first trimester till now, and it's just getting worse. Sorry you're going through that, too.

Milk - I understand why the lessening nausea is worrisome, but I'm hoping that you're just one of the "normal" people who feels better after the first trimester. You deserve to be on the good side of a statistic for once!

Silver - Glad the scare was for nothing. Let me know when you are ready to be added to the roster.

X - How are you? Don't you have an anatomy scan sometime soon?

AFM, I got ds's cold after all. So did dh. Sigh. But tomorrow is ds's second birthday! Daddy's taking the day off to have fun with us. Hoping the weather cooperates with our plans to be outside most of the day. Also meeting with a doula in the evening to see if we want to hire her. 7 more weeks. 7 more weeks and my mom will be here and this baby can show up!

P.S. Anyone heard from @Laggie ? Pretty sure her babies should be here by now!
#524 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 02:52 PM

Sleepless night but no real increase in pain, so hoping that means no appendicitis. Have to wait on labs but at least it's almost business hours so I can call the midwife.
#525 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM

Hope you get some answers, Milk. I have had very little nausea with this pregnancy, even with twins, and I had so much with my son. Also it's getting to be time for those symptoms to fade. So I hope you can get some peace of mind soon.

Monkey, I have sort of tried to tell our son. We got him a book and he likes it okay, but he likes it because the big kid goes to the pool. And lately he's been saying "Mama babies....1, 2, 3, 4, 5" haha. stop counting there, buckaroo! I know your son is around two but when was his birthday? And when is your February birthday? Mine is 2/14. I don't know if he'll get it before the twins get here or not. He'll be about 2.5.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#526 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 07:45 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Milk - what about gall bladder stones? I had them when I was pregnant and it was horrible pain.

Silver - sorry about the scare. Glad it was nothing.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#527 of 807 Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Boots - his birthday is tomorrow! (Maybe today for some of you - the 18th.) Mine is the 5th. Love your son's baby counting! My son also loves to count, but doesn't fully grasp what the numbers really mean. He'll keep counting to 3 even if there are only two objects, for instance. He just gets excited and doesn't want to stop.
#528 of 807 Old 08-18-2014, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Oh milk8, thinking of you and hoping you and baby are getting everything you need and on the mend! Huge huge hugs! For crying out loud!
Xerxella likes this.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#529 of 807 Old 08-18-2014, 02:42 PM

@Milk8shake - Thinking of you and hoping you have good news this morning!

Hi to everyone else! Sorry to not have personals. I've been pretty self absorbed lately.

AFM - Tomorrow is the BIG Level 2 ultrasound. And, my anxiety has been rising every day. Whenever I check, there's at least one heartbeat, but I'm really not feeling any movement which is just really starting to freak me out. I just think I SHOULD be feeling movement by now. I don't know. I don't expect good news tomorrow, but the logical part of my brain says there's really no reason to think there's a problem. But, I still worry.
chuord and adiejan like this.

#530 of 807 Old 08-18-2014, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
@Xerxella
Don't worry!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure it is all gonna be good for you. Don't worry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chuord and adiejan like this.
#531 of 807 Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

What time is your ultrasound, X? So we know when to start obsessively checking for updates. Milk is counting on you to lead the way, I know you can do it!
tracyamber, chuord and adiejan like this.
#532 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thinking good thoughts for Milk8, X, and LittleKind!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#533 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
Milk is counting on you to lead the way, I know you can do it!
What she said! Will be stalking for updates.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16**20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#534 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 07:19 AM

I'm in the waiting room now. Nervous.

#535 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Sending you good thoughts. I'm sure it will go great!
#536 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 AM

@Xerxella
Stalking and sending positive scan energy!

#537 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Hopefully you're almost done, and hopefully you I to see the doc immediately to get good news!
#538 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 10:14 AM

It's bad. Baby A looks good. Baby B has severe hydrops. That's massive amounts of fluid in his chest as abdomen. It's a very bad sign.

In addition, my cervix is funneling and shortening. It's at 1.8. I'm getting a cerclage tomorrow. You just had to go get a cerclage, didn't you @Milk8shake ?

#539 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 AM

Oh @Xerxella
I'm so sorry to hear about baby B. I'm so sorry. What did the doctors say about baby B. Are they doing more testing. Will the baby make it to term?
When I was pregnant with two my baby A had hydrops. Oh I'm thinking if you. You have a lot going on now. Hugs mama, hugs.

#540 of 807 Old 08-19-2014, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry it wasn't all good news. I'm with Tracy on all the questions, but understand if you aren't feeling up to answering them. Still praying for you guys.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page