Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

#571 of 935 Old 08-23-2014, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi All! I am hesitantly posting here for the first time. With my previous losses I never came to the graduates thread due to the fear that it might not work. This time I'm trying to be more positive. Thus, my hesitant foray into the elusive "other side." I know some of you and look forward to getting to know the rest of you!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#572 of 935 Old 08-23-2014, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 320 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Adie - I'm going to follow your lead and be brave
Ladies is it ok if I join too? I'm 5wks2days, and hanging out till my first scan on 2/9.
Xerxella - I've been wanting to say for a while, I hate that your going through all this trauma.
Milk8hake - how are you doing? Feeling more settled after the cerclage?
#573 of 935 Old 08-23-2014, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014

@Milk8shake - Yeah for happy coworkers! It's sweet to see their naiveté. LOL. I haven't been able to talk to the doc yet since its the weekend. I talk to them on Monday. In the meantime, I have a ton of progesterone in oil shots from my ivf, so I've been using that. I agree. You really DO know a lot more than most docs and I think we all know more about ourselves than docs.
@tracyamber - yeah for a normal pregnancy! An for closing on the house! How exciting!!!!!! KUP!
@adiejan - congrats!!!! Can you update us on everything so far? How far along are you? When's your next (first?) scan?

AFN - Nothing to report. Everything seems stable for now. We'll know more next Wednesday.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#574 of 935 Old 08-23-2014, 02:02 PM

@Xerxella - First, I just wanted to say I'm thinking about you and sending you lots of positive energy

In answer to your questions, I'm currently 4wks1d...so barely preggers. I did an FET after overstimming in June. My first beta was 12dpo- 36...progesterone low at 9.9. Second beta 14dpo- 85...progesterone 17.2. So a 38 hour doubling time, I am happy with that. Would definitely like to get my progesterone higher. I am on a higher dose now. My first scan will be 9/9. I hope it is ok if I join you all. It's very hard for me to insert myself here as I have so many fears about believing it could finally work.

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#575 of 935 Old 08-23-2014, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Welcome, @chuord and @adiejan ! We are happy to have you here, and I think we all understand feeling cautious, even if you're thinking positive. Let me know when you're ready to be added to the roster, and what you want your blurb to say. (No pressure to do that if you don't want to!)
@adiejan - I'm really glad to see your progesterone has come up. Did the clinic have you add more supplemental progesterone (were you on it before?), or did it rise naturally? Either way, that is a good thing! And that's a good doubling time, too. I know the wait between betas and first ultrasound seems like forevvvvvvvvvvvvvver. (I had my first beta this pregnancy at 9 DPO, so it really was an eternity before my scan at 6w2d.)
@Xerxella - Still praying for you guys. Glad that things seem to be holding steady for now and that you were able to find something about the progesterone. Are you having another ultrasound next Wednesday, or just a follow-up appointment?
@Milk8shake - Awww... that is really sweet about your coworkers. I'm one who would rather people know, most of the time, so I think it's good you shared. Glad the doppler has been able to give you some reassurance. I would definitely use one, too, in your place.
@tracyamber - Yay for making progress on the house! I'm excited because we should be getting an estimate for laminate flooring in our dining area next week. The carpet must go! And anyone who designs an eating area with carpet should be banished to the lowest circles of hell. Or just assigned a toddler to feed in said area for 3 meals.

Probably missing a few people, but I really should be going to bed - hi to anyone I missed!

AFM, same-old-same-old here - just reference any post from the last month, it's probably all still true. I would really appreciate getting my sense of smell/taste back, though. (It's from a cold, not the pregnancy, so hopefully it will happen eventually.) Had a blah rainy day here, but had a lot of fun playing games with dh and ds tonight. Now I need to try to get some sleep. 9 AM church is so early!
chuord and adiejan like this.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#576 of 935 Old 08-24-2014, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Welcome @chuord and @adiejan
Xerxella, chuord and adiejan like this.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20**24*** 28***32***36***40
#577 of 935 Old 08-24-2014, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@chuord and @ adiejan
I don't know who you are but congrats and welcome............just kidding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
adiejan likes this.
#578 of 935 Old 08-24-2014, 05:30 PM

Ha ha Tracy omg I just this second realized that I totally forgot to do the pineapple core - fluff for brains lol.
tracyamber and adiejan like this.
#579 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
@Milk8shake that is sweet about all your coworkers. I know it was hard for me to "hide" my pregnancy when I was so excited I was pregnant but cautious about telling people in case something went wrong.
@Xerxella hoping that Baby B is able to work through the hydrops

Welcome to the newest ladies on the thread! May your next 40 weeks be uneventful and routine.

AFM, my boys are 8 months old now as of last Thursday. Made another payment to keep my frosties frozen. Every three months I am reminded that I have embryos just waiting to have a chance at life. As I pass milestones from last year's pregnancy, I think about what it will be like it I get pregnant again. I would like to try for a girl but we will have to wait and see. Until then, I keep paying to keep my embryos frozen.
Xerxella and Sourire like this.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#580 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
SO glad to see you ladies over here Adie and Chuord!!! I'm so proud of both of you taking the leap and trying to remain positive... we all remember what those early days/weeks were like

Adie - trickster Glad that the beta's came back good and that your progesterone went up!

Lilac - 8 months already!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Milk - seeing your ticker is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

X - Keeping you in my prayers. Hope everything continues to stay lowkey and that good news comes your way sooner than later.

Monkey - hope you can smell/taste again soon! You're getting so close!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#581 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 AM

@chuord & @adiejan - I hate the wait until the first u/s! It seems so long. And third or subsequent betas for reassurance? How many did you each put back?
@monkeyscience - I hate that I can't see everyone's siggie on tapatalk! But you've got to be getting close, right? I hope your cold clears up soon.
@Milk8shake - any news with you? I'm going to have to go to the actual website so I can see your ticker. Whadaya think? What's your gut say about how thinks are going? And update on the cerclage?
@hope4light & @tracyamber & @lilacvioletiris - hey! How are you guys doing?

AFM - I'll have a checkup with my doc to check the stitches. And then an u/s to checks on beans and my cervical length. My 2nd opinion will also have an u/s. My understanding is I'll be having an u/s every week from now on. We'll know more Wednesday.

#582 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

X - I hate not seeing signatures, too. I'll be 35 weeks Wednesday. Close, but not nearly close enough!
#583 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@chuord & Adiejan Congratulations!! That's fantastic! Here's to a happy & healthy pregnancy Chuord, I was just thinking about you. Glad to see you here. I pop in & out infrequently so forgive me for not keeping up with everyone or doing personals for most. Sending love & happy thoughts to all, though.
chuord and adiejan like this.

#584 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 05:34 PM

@Xerxella
I'm feeling okay. Seems like the move toward 16 weeks has me feeling less morning sickness. Just been real tired and I think somehow my toddler was given my energy on top of his . He's been literally bouncing off walls until the moment he falls asleep at night.
When will the stitches be checked?

#585 of 935 Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Xerxella, thinking of you, glad you seem to be getting attentive care.

Congratulations chourd and adiejan! Happy healthy pregnancies to you both. Any chance of twins for either one of you? I am like a twin evangelist. Joooooin us!

monkey, almost there! woohoo! How are you feeling?

15 weeks today. I still have three weeks until my next OB appointment and our 18 week ultrasound. Blah.

We just bought our minivan. I'm feeling so ambivalent about it, we were so underwater in our old car we bought only a year ago, we ended up having to buy a new car in order to roll all of that in. I am not looking forward to 7 years of van payments. And I keep having horrible thoughts that if something happens to the twins we have this huge expensive car. I'm having some struggles with depression I think is also probably related to weaning my son. Oh well, ever forward.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#586 of 935 Old 08-26-2014, 06:55 AM

@iixivboots
Hugs to you sounds like you are having a hard time. Car payments do suck. My doctor wants me to wait til 21 weeks for an ultrasound. Now I'm feeling a bit anxious. Did your doctor say 18 weeks was a good time? I may request mine sooner. I don't think I can wait!

#587 of 935 Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 AM

@tracyamber - my doc said anything from 18-22 counts as the "20 week" u/s. they said that if they couldn't see everything perfectly at 18 weeks, I'd just might have to come back at 22. No big deal for me!

AFM - all my follow up appointments are tomorrow.

#588 of 935 Old 08-26-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
@tracyamber - my doc said anything from 18-22 counts as the "20 week" u/s. they said that if they couldn't see everything perfectly at 18 weeks, I'd just might have to come back at 22. No big deal for me!

AFM - all my follow up appointments are tomorrow.

I just cancelled my September appointment and will have my next appointment on October 2nd@ 21 weeks. I cannot believe I will not have had an ultrasound for 15 weeks!!!!! Part if me is okay then I get anxious. I did hear the baby's heartbeat this morning and that was good. And I have lots of pregnancy symptoms so I guess I'm still in the game. Part of me thinks I ll be okay once the birth happens at probably 37 weeks.

Will be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow!!

adiejan likes this.
#589 of 935 Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM

Mainebaby - thanks! It's starting to feel real, and both exciting and frustrating. Suddenly I have no space for food, and have to change the way I sleep already (belly sleeper) but I'm not really complaining... I'm happy to be in the game!
Boots - lol you twin pusher! I put back two so there is a chance (around 3% according to age and method) if you are a betabase fan my 24dpo beta was 9189, either high for one or around the average for two... Waiting for the scan to confirm either way... Lol my guess for adie is that all three stuck!
Why is it when this site becomes almost manageable they mess with it?! Hope this posts ok.
Hanging out for all your updates!
tracyamber and mainebaby like this.
#590 of 935 Old 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
@Xerxella - Good luck tomorrow I will be thinking about you! I put back three but my guess is I have one that stuck...maybe, just maybe two.
@tracyamber - way to take control. I am so glad you got it moved up a bit. That really does seem like a long time to wait.
@chuord - really funny woman...all three?! Ahem...who is the one with the high betas?! I am sure you have two in there. Only a week to go for your scan right?
@iixivboots - sorry about the car drama. I just hate car payments. I haven't had one in a few years but I think I will probably look into a new car soon. Oh and your twin evangelist comment cracked me right up!
Xerxella, tracyamber and chuord like this.

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#591 of 935 Old 08-26-2014, 04:54 PM

Okay okay ladies @adiejan and @chuord
You both will be having twins. Lol!

adiejan likes this.
#592 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
X - keeping you in my t&p for your appts today!!
Xerxella, tracyamber and adiejan like this.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#593 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
X - keeping you in my t&p for your appts today!!
Me, too. Is it just the visit with your original doctor, or is your second opinion today, too?

AFM, appointment in 3.5 hours. Hoping baby is head down. But even if she is, I remain unconvinced she'll stay that way, so...we'll see. Also GBS test today (don't know when I'll get those results, hopefully soon!) and going over my birth plan. And maybe a cervical check because of the GBS swab. Hoping for just a little dilation at this point.
#594 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Thinking of you @Xerxella today.
Xerxella, tracyamber and adiejan like this.
#595 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 08:43 AM

So I guess you could describe it as stably bad. The cervix might be a little shorter, but they say it's hard to tell from one measurement to another. It's at 1.4 cm. 1 cm below the cerclage stitch, 0.4 cm above it. They're real happy to see any above the stitch.

B look about the same. A looks fine. Everybody likes what they see with A. I'll go for the 2nd opinion in a couple hours. But, I really don't think they'll tell me anything different.

#596 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry there wasn't a miraculous recovery, but glad things aren't looking any worse. Every day closer to viability is something!

AFM, appointment was fine. More later.
#597 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 01:59 PM

@Xerxella
Im sorry no definitive answers. How as the second opinion?
Sending you hugs

#598 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM

Hugs X! Let us know how opinion two goes.
Monkey how was it for yours?
#599 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 03:40 PM

@Xerxella - I hope things continue to stay stable...actually I hope they get better. I'm interested to hear about your second opinion.

@monkeyscience - Hope things went well with your appointment and that she is just about ready to come...head first.

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#600 of 935 Old 08-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
@Xerxella : Glad things are stable but hoping that things improve instead. I hope you are hanging in there. Did the specialist have any additional insight?
@chuord and @adiejan : Can't wait for your scans!
@monkeyscience : Hope that fine means good?
adiejan likes this.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page