- I'm sorry this roller coaster is continuing! I hope they figure out what's going on today, and that you have a nice, reassuring beta number. Keep us posted.
- Good to see you! It's funny you feel like you're in the home stretch... I'm only 3 weeks behind you, and I feel like I SHOULD be in the home stretch, but that in fact I have been and will be pregnant for all eternity! (Then again, you have a much higher likelihood of delivering before 40 weeks than I do.) Do you want me to add you to our roster in the first post?
- Welcome to this thread.
And yes, you no longer count as only a stalker.
- Yay for another good ultrasound! I'm glad they're keeping a close eye on you, so you have less time for worrying.
- Yay for a new milestone. Did they say how long until you'd get your results back? Are you going to have them tell you the sex?
- Thanks for the cute picture! Glad you and Liliana are doing well.
Hi to anyone else I missed!
AFM, had my first appointment with my new doctor today. I like her! Very nice, very laid back, took a ton of time to talk to me. The whole clinic seemed friendly and laid back - I was expecting a mad house, but there weren't that many people in the waiting room, even though there are multiple doctors in this clinic. (It's a family medicine practice right by the hospital.) I felt relieved when she took the time to talk to me about my (screaming) son, and offered him goldfish crackers, instead of just trying to plow through the OB stuff and get out of there. (dh was nominally in charge of ds, but ds was mad about having to leave the blocks in the waiting room.) She took the time to tell me about her experience/opinion of the two hospitals in the area when it came to natural birth. She mentioned doing backup care for at least one midwife (unfortunately, one that is further away than we feel comfortable with), and mentioned one of the doulas she's had a good experience working with. I was so worried about being hurried and not getting to ask questions. I do still have a few questions, but there will be time for those later. She also got me an appointment with a physical therapist to try to help with the excruciating hip pain I've been having, and got me some sample lotions she "raided" the adjoining dermatologist's office to get for my itchy nipples. (Yes, TMI, sorry.) She didn't seem to find it odd that I nursed my son for 21 months, or while pregnant. Hah - that reminded me - my husband and son went back to the waiting room to play with blocks while the nurse talked to me, and then I went to get them when the doctor was on the way to see me. So I left the exam room door open, and you could hear my son screaming all the way down the hall. The doctor walked in and asked if there was a reason the door was open. I said yes, I'm waiting for the small screaming child you hear to come in here with my husband. Her comment? "Oh, we love small screaming children here!" - said warmly, not sarcastically.
So I also made my son's 2-year-old well check appointment today while I was making my next appointment. Crazy to think he's almost that old!