Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 880Likes

Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
Hugs to you @Milk8shake . I'm always thinking about you and wondering how/what you're doing. (But, in a non-creepy way, of course.)

Come share anytime.
Hey! You need to change your signature!
How are you feeling this morning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I've been meaning to PM you for days, Milk! I wanted to know how your blood tests went.

So are you just stalking, or do you have something to tell us?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 AM

@monkeyscience
What did the doc say about your hip?
Old 06-11-2014, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

She wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but referred me to a physical therapist who specializes in pregnancy and postpartum issues. I have an appointment on the 23rd. She also recommended my husband do some leg stretches with me. We tried it last night, and didn't think we did it right, but I have felt so much better last night and this morning. I also took Tylenol last night, but that would have worn off awhile ago.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Monkey, hope your hip feels better with the stretches.

X, so happy you're doing well & babies look good.

Kewpie, glad to see you here!!

AFM: I've got a question- Having already had 2 ultrasounds since the transfer, I want to limit baby's exposure from now on. If I only had ONE more ultrasound (save any unforeseen circumstances/emergencies) when would you recommend to have one? I feel like if I have one around 20wks it'd be a long time to wait between then & when the baby comes.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
@mainebaby , once you start to feel movement your need for the reassurance from an ultrasound will probably go way down. I'd recommend the 20 week anatomy scan if you only want one more.
@Milk8shake I love seeing your infectious smile in your avatar. I miss you girl! I definitely am also prickling to know if you're lurking or if you have some news, about which I can imagine you'd be feeling uneasy. Sending love and good vibes no matter what the circumstances, and I'd love to hear an update on how you're doing!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 06-11-2014, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebaby View Post

AFM: I've got a question- Having already had 2 ultrasounds since the transfer, I want to limit baby's exposure from now on. If I only had ONE more ultrasound (save any unforeseen circumstances/emergencies) when would you recommend to have one? I feel like if I have one around 20wks it'd be a long time to wait between then & when the baby comes.
They usually do an anatomy scan around 18-20 weeks to measure limbs and check on all the organs and make sure there are no problems. Most women have that one and then not again for the rest of the pregnancy. Sometimes, drs will do a quick one right at the end just to check positioning if they have a difficult time deciding if the baby is head down or breech.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

If you only want one more ultrasound, do the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. That's important to check for any abnormalities that would mean you need extra support for the baby before or just after birth. The major organs will have formed by then. It is a long time before the birth, but most physical abnormalities with the baby will be evident by then, and most issues that crop up later will have other indicators that you may need to be checked again.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:22 AM

How is everyone doing this morning????
I feel good. Just really sleepy by 9 pm but otherwise good and hoping my baby is growing.
I have a question for some of you. Do you think your pregnancy belly showed sooner after have had one child? This will be my second and I'm just curious if maybe I will show sooner.just curious
Old 06-12-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
I feel good. Just really sleepy by 9 pm but otherwise good and hoping my baby is growing.
I have a question for some of you. Do you think your pregnancy belly showed sooner after have had one child? This will be my second and I'm just curious if maybe I will show sooner.just curious
Definitely. My personal experience doesn't count because, while this is my 4th pregnancy and way too early to show anything and my third pregnancy was twins and so I showed WAY early. I've birthed 3 healthy children.

BUT My sister showed about 4 weeks earlier with her second pregnancy and my SIL seems to show almost the moment she gets pregnant. She's had 5 living children and 1 loss.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-12-2014, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
I am almost 6 months post partum and still have a serious pooch from having twins. If I ever get rid of this, I bet it will pop out sooner with a second pregnancy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
@tracyamber - Definitely for me. I popped way earlier with my dd. And, I've already noticed a relaxation of my abdominal muscles giving me a pooch. (But, I tend to get fat around my middle anyways. Classic apple shape.) I haven't gained any weight yet, but my belly has gotten bigger and my pants are tighter.

AFM - 8w2d today. My mantra is "There's no reason to think there's anything wrong." I am usually brutally honest with myself. I've known when a pregnancy isn't right and I've never had a surprising negative ultrasound. Even with the mo/mo twins, I knew something wasn't right before the ultrasound. So, now I have to be honest with myself again and say that there truly is no reason to think there's a problem. No bleeding, no cramping, no recent suspicious bloodwork. Lots of nausea (my worst ever), exhaustion and tons of encouraging early pregnancy signs. 2 perfect ultrasounds that show absolutely no problems.

I've done this pregnancy thing successfully before. It's clear my body CAN do this. And, as of today, "There's no reason to think there's anything wrong." "There's no reason to think there's anything wrong."

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM

@Xerxella say the mantra as often as you need until you hold those babies in your arms!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:37 PM

Thanks guys for the replies!!
@Xerxella I'm loving the mantra. May I use it?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hey ladies! Long time no "talk". I'm always checking in on y'all though, keeping tabs. Mostly just stalking.

I guess I've come out of hiding for a reason. number eight - not according to plan either. We're still midway through testing, and wanted to get all our ducks in a row. Actually, honestly, we (mainly me) had been seriously considering surrogacy as a possible alternative. Anyway, it is what it is. I'm around 5w1d.

In a new record for me, I have not gotten a single beta or even scheduled an ultrasound. I haven't seen my doctor or anything. I don't really want to, but the medications side of it will probably force me to. I don't want to keep taking expensive meds if I don't need them. I feel pretty "blah" about the whole thing. Of course I think that there is no possible way that this will be successful, but then there is this lunatic part of me that is calculating my due date, and thinking about maternity photos and other ridiculous things. I can't believe that after all the bullsh*t, somewhere deep down, hope is still manifesting itself. I really don't want to set myself up for another massive fall.

(Forgive my lack of @mentions - apparently the upgrade doesn't want to play nice with me).

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Milkshake - I'm glad to hear from you. I'm crossing everything that can be crossed that this pregnancy will stick for you.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 06-12-2014, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Xerxella - your worse than ever nausea sounds very encouraging! You've seen the studies about nausea/vomiting and reduced miscarriage rates I'm sure. I thought about those statistics every time I threw up, made me pretty happy to be barfing!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 PM

@Milkshake
I wish I knew your history. I have lots of questions like what medications and you got pregnant naturally. Were the other times naturally? If you don't mind me being nosey. I understand , hope is a very strong emotion and no way to turn it of. Hope . I actually named my son hope when we got pregnant with him. It's just not in English but the meaning is the same.
I hope this is the one gosh so hard.
Hugs
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Milk - Yay for you! Xerxella's #8 pregnancy seems pretty lucky so far - I hope yours will be, too. Your feelings about the whole thing are very understandable, considering where you're coming from. What kind of meds are you on now? What have the tests showed so far, and what do you still need to test? (If you feel like answering all those questions.) I'm glad you decided to pop in here. You're always welcome, pregnant or not. I wish we had a place where some of the long-timers in the IF forum could hang out (virtually) and just talk about whatever - not necessarily fertility stuff. Because I miss the people that disappear, either permanently or temporarily, whether because they've had babies, or because they've given up, or because they haven't given up, but they just can't deal with the day-to-day of talking about IF stuff or seeing others get pregnant. Although they might not let me in - not sure I've been around long enough. :P As ever, I'm hoping and praying that this is your take-home baby.

X - Keep concentrating on those not-having-any-bad-feelings thoughts. It's really promising that you've gotten this far, given your history.

AFM, yesterday was viability day for me. I don't know why I count down to that day so much, as really, in my heart of hearts, I have been certain that both my son and this baby would be mine to keep. But I count the days till 24 weeks not just with my pregnancy, but with the pregnancy of virtually everyone I know. Then I like to check the statistics periodically about the survival rate for whatever week I'm in after that. (Chance of survival if baby were born today: About 40% - and for this next week, it goes up 2-3% a day.) Maybe a little morbid. Definitely planning to cook this baby for much, much longer!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Oh milk, hope is such an evil, beautiful thing. I so want this to be your take home baby! And I know how many times you have had your hopes shattered. I will join in with you on the daydreaming and be right here to talk if you want, no matter what direction this goes. Hoping hoping hoping!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 AM

So my bleeding has been 100% stopped for almost 2 days now. I’m wondering if my body was trying to have a period. Using my finger to insert the suppositories didn’t change a thing. The timing from start to finish was 5.5 days and it started on the CD that i started my period last cycle (friday before my beta and my retrieval was on the same day both cycles) which was CD 23, I believe.

IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 AM

@Milk8shake , well 8 is in your username and I just hope your uterus will expand to keep this little one until he or she can breathe air and survive. If I remember right you have a bi-cornate uterus (I don't think that is spelled right) I seem to remember a drawing you posted of your uterus being in a heart shape, rather than a pear. Here is hoping for good things!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM

@kewpie80 I am praying the bleeding stays away for good.

AFM, you know that fertility treatments cost a lot and having a baby in the hospital costs a lot - well as of today, almost 6 months after my twins were born my insurance has paid their share of my son's William's bill finally! They had paid the other baby's bill 4 months ago! But first William wasn't on the policy because people were on Christmas break when he needed to be added. Then my employer was closed because of crazy snow storms. Finally William got added. But then the insurance company said he wasn't covered then, but they paid the other baby's bill! Pound head. So since February I have been going back and forth between the hospital and the insurance company. Finally the bill has been paid by insurance.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 PM

Thanks @Sourire , delayed congrats on the birth of Liliana

@monkeyscience , you're so right about a follow up thread. I love to keep an eye on those of us who have 'been around', but I mostly haven't felt very comfortable posting anyplace. Massive to viability. I can only imagine how much of a relief that must be for you!

@Tear78 Lovely to "see" you

@kewpie80 I recognise you from the other thread and am glad the bleeding has settled.

@Xerxella Big hugs to you and your twinnies!

Super quick recap for @tracyamber & @lilacvioletiris I've lost 7 pregnancies in five years, the first at 12.5 weeks and the others a little earlier each time. I do have a unicornuate uterus (basically half a uterus), but the primary suspect for my losses are immune issues. I can fall pregnant naturally easily enough, but can't hang onto the pregnancies.

Regarding testing, we've done almost every test imaginable - the only thing that we really have left to test is genetic incompatibility between my husband and I, which we have to send to the US to have tested (and we're planning on doing soon). I was, however, recently diagnosed compound hetero for MTHFR, with elevated homocystiene. MTHFR doesn't seem to have really specific ties to loss, but the homocystiene level can cause a significant increase in miscarriage risk due to thrombophilia.

I'm taking clexane, prednisone, progesterone, as well as bioactive folate + B vits to try and combat the homocysteine.

Anyway, AFM: Yesterday I had to tell my Mum that I was pregnant. I didn't really want to or plan to. Not because she's not supportive - she is - but I just feel like I am always letting everyone down every time I have a loss. It feels kind of unfair to include people on the rollercoaster that don't need to be on it.

I also have to fill my clexane & prednisone prescription today. This will seem so weird and petty, but I always leave it to the last possible minute to fill the prescriptions so that I don't spend money unnecessarily. The damned clexane costs $110 for ten days supply. Last year I spent about $300 at the pharmacy and then miscarried the next day. It made me so mad.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 06-14-2014, 03:36 AM

@Milk8shake - huge hugs to you. I'm so glad to see you, but you do seem to keep popping up like a little sister.

Me: I'm pregnant!!!
You: I'm pregnant, too!!!
Me: I miscarried.
You: I miscarried, too.
Me: I'm pregnant again!!!!
You: I'm pregnant again, too!!!!

See?

Well, I'm keeping this pregnancy, so you'll have to keep yours, too, I guess. Just be prepared.

I'm excited you have a "diagnosis" and a plan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your miracle baby. So much love your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Me: I'm pregnant!!!
You: I'm pregnant, too!!!
Me: I miscarried.
You: I miscarried, too.
Me: I'm pregnant again!!!!
You: I'm pregnant again, too!!!!

This. Exactly this, to a creepy degree.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:17 AM

@Milk8shake - Well, I'm keeping this pregnancy, so you'll have to, too.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:02 AM

My baby Edward crawled this morning! Look out world, here he comes!

Old 06-17-2014, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
MILK!!!! I am so happy for you, and I'll ditch the cautiously happy part and leave that to you as I know you are. and like X said, she's keeping hers so you must be too :-)

tracy - I showed much sooner with my second. Now it doesn't help that I had a moderate case of OHSS, but my 'baby' pooch poped out quicker for sure.

kewpie - SO glad for no bleeding!!!

lilac - watch out world

monkey - wooo hoooo for passing viability!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 06-17-2014, 09:57 PM

Hi all, so quiet in here. I want to chat more! I got diastisis recti( sp?) with my son 3 years ago. I think because I was pregnant with twins . Anyway, I already looked a couple months pregnant. It's like I'm totally fit but have a pooch. ( that's why I asked the do you show sooner question)I never thought of binding. It never occurred to me. I think I thought my muscles would bounce back. Now I will bind . I have been reading some great blogs even on mothering on the home page about prenatal binding. My lower back is already feeling a bit strained and I feel like I can use the support. Besides that ,I'm feeling a bit anxious for my ultrasound next week. I sure hope we see a heartbeat.
For the last few days I have been soaking my feet in the ocean .
Tell me something everyone!!! How is your week going?

User Tag List