Mothering Forum banner

Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014

45K views 941 replies 32 participants last post by  tracyamber 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a thread for those who have "graduated" from The Fertility Challenged Thread

Due in October 2014
monkeyscience - EDD Oct 1 - expecting baby #2 after a miscarriage 9/13 - PCOS sufferer blessed to conceive naturally

Due in November 2014
autumnlaughing - EDD Nov 15 - expecting baby #1 after 6 years, thanks to IVF

Due in December 2014
mainebaby- EDD Dec 8 - expecting baby #1 after 9 years, thanks to IVF

NaturallyMo - EDD Dec 22- expecting baby #2 after exactly one year to the day of trying and 3 rounds of Clomid

Due in January 2015
Xerxella - EDD Jan 6 (38 weeks) - expecting LC #3 & 4 after recurrent losses

Due in February 2015
milk8shake - keeping baby in as long as possible!

iixivboots - EDD early Feb - expecting babies 2 and 3

tracyamber- EDD Feb 7 - expecting baby #2 after TTC since December 2012 through IVF with no success. With a change of clinic had success on June 6,2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kewpie80 - EDD Feb 17 (Babies #3 and #4)

alivewithyou- EDD Feb 25 - expecting baby #1 after 8 months of trying and one miscarriage

Due in April 2015
silverbird - EDD April
chuord - EDD April 24 - expecting #1 & 2 after IVF

Due in May 2015
adiejan - EDD May 1 - expecting #1 & 2 identical twins thanks to IVF after 6 years of TTC and 2 losses

BABIES!!
Sourire - Liliana
, born May 8
Laggie - Casey
& Jasper
, born August 16

See less See more
#155 ·
Congratulations! I hope you are in for the long hall!

#159 ·
Tracy - it feels truly amazing to be a mom! It's not always easy of course (like last night when Liliana screamed for 3 hours straight) but I love it anyways and Liliana is so cute and continues to amaze me every day. She's gaining weight really well and keeps going up in the percentiles. Being able to exclusively breastfeed my baby makes me so proud. I'm having some issues with nipple pain but I'm sticking with it and things are starting to get easier.

#162 ·
@Sourire
She's beautiful!!!!!! How many weeks is she already? You are breastfeeding too right? Will you pump when you return to work?
Many congrats
Eta: I just read your last post. Ignore the breastfeeding questions:)
I know I found with my son that everyday nursing was continual learning for both of us. I remember at 6 weeks I thought" now I got the hang of this"
I loved the angel mama products for soothing nipples!

#163 ·
Tracy - she's 1 month old now. I have 1 year of maternity leave so I don't need to think about returning to work just yet. I also really like the angel mama line of products, I have the nipple cream, the diaper rash cream, the soap and a bunch of the teas!

#164 ·
@Sourire - That is so awesome that you have a year of maternity leave! She's beautiful! :)

AFM - 7w6d ultrasound today and everything looks perfect! Whew! I may be starting to exhale. One bean measuring 8w1d and the other 7w6d with heart rates of 177 and 178. Crazy. Let me see if I can post a pic.

Attachments

#167 ·
Grrrr... this new format stopped my emails when there were updates. Sigh.

Sourire - she's SO FREAKING ADORABLE!!!!

Kewpie - congrats again :) I know it's so hard, but no bad days allowed, just remember 'you're pregnant today' (that was my mantra)

#168 ·
Sourie - so cute!

Xerxella - so glad to hear! They're cute, too :)

I dropped my sharps container off at the clinic today, after going in for the harmony test. It was an odd sort of milestone :)

#169 ·
@Xerxella said I should come and start posting here for myself rather than making replies and stalking all of you which I do but won't have to anymore :)I dunno if you all know me but I think you do. I got my second beta today and it was 1021.... Something like that. Anyway, im happy and scared at the same time. My ultrasound will be on the 23rd or the 24 th. That's all I know!

#170 ·
#171 · (Edited)
So, After following the nurse's advice, the bleeding I've had for the last 4 days has finally stopped. I hit 4 weeks today, so i'm still walking on egg shells, but thank the heavens, the bleeding has stopped!

Edit: Nevermind, I spoke too soon. It's back.

#173 ·
I talked to the nurse this morning and told her it's redder and more of it. She's having me come in to see exactly where the bleeding is coming from. If it is from the suppositories, I think I'm going to ask to switch to the PIO shots. They suck, but I'd rather deal with that than have my heart sink every time I pee. Even if I know it's from the tablets, I still panic a little every time.

#174 ·
@kewpie80 - I had spotting up until 16 dpo with this pregnancy and everything seems to be going fine. But, I was sure glad when it stopped!!! With my son, I spotted through the entire first trimester. Super nerve racking. But, he's happy and healthy and 7 now!

Reactions: kewpie80
#175 ·
kewpie - fingers crossed for a sticky baby for you! Congrats on the BFP!

tracyamber - Congratulations!

Xerxella - Congrats to you as well, I saw your post on the twins thread... squee!

I'm 27 weeks today, it feels like I'm entering the home stretch. I've been having dreams where I see the babies' faces. My house is overflowing with baby gear.

#176 ·
Kewpie - I'm sorry this roller coaster is continuing! I hope they figure out what's going on today, and that you have a nice, reassuring beta number. Keep us posted. :)

Laggie - Good to see you! It's funny you feel like you're in the home stretch... I'm only 3 weeks behind you, and I feel like I SHOULD be in the home stretch, but that in fact I have been and will be pregnant for all eternity! (Then again, you have a much higher likelihood of delivering before 40 weeks than I do.) Do you want me to add you to our roster in the first post?

Tracy - Welcome to this thread. :D And yes, you no longer count as only a stalker.

X - Yay for another good ultrasound! I'm glad they're keeping a close eye on you, so you have less time for worrying. :)

Autumn - Yay for a new milestone. Did they say how long until you'd get your results back? Are you going to have them tell you the sex?

Sourire - Thanks for the cute picture! Glad you and Liliana are doing well.

Hi to anyone else I missed!

AFM, had my first appointment with my new doctor today. I like her! Very nice, very laid back, took a ton of time to talk to me. The whole clinic seemed friendly and laid back - I was expecting a mad house, but there weren't that many people in the waiting room, even though there are multiple doctors in this clinic. (It's a family medicine practice right by the hospital.) I felt relieved when she took the time to talk to me about my (screaming) son, and offered him goldfish crackers, instead of just trying to plow through the OB stuff and get out of there. (dh was nominally in charge of ds, but ds was mad about having to leave the blocks in the waiting room.) She took the time to tell me about her experience/opinion of the two hospitals in the area when it came to natural birth. She mentioned doing backup care for at least one midwife (unfortunately, one that is further away than we feel comfortable with), and mentioned one of the doulas she's had a good experience working with. I was so worried about being hurried and not getting to ask questions. I do still have a few questions, but there will be time for those later. She also got me an appointment with a physical therapist to try to help with the excruciating hip pain I've been having, and got me some sample lotions she "raided" the adjoining dermatologist's office to get for my itchy nipples. (Yes, TMI, sorry.) She didn't seem to find it odd that I nursed my son for 21 months, or while pregnant. Hah - that reminded me - my husband and son went back to the waiting room to play with blocks while the nurse talked to me, and then I went to get them when the doctor was on the way to see me. So I left the exam room door open, and you could hear my son screaming all the way down the hall. The doctor walked in and asked if there was a reason the door was open. I said yes, I'm waiting for the small screaming child you hear to come in here with my husband. Her comment? "Oh, we love small screaming children here!" - said warmly, not sarcastically. :D So I also made my son's 2-year-old well check appointment today while I was making my next appointment. Crazy to think he's almost that old!

#177 ·
My beta was 98.8 today. My retrieval was on may 27th, so it feels a bit low to me.

#178 ·
That does seem low to me. But I know there's such a wide variation in normal/viable betas. I'm sorry you didn't get a clear answer. :( Beta limbo sucks! Were they able to tell you anything about the bleeding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.