Mothering Forum banner

Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014

45K views 941 replies 32 participants last post by  tracyamber 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a thread for those who have "graduated" from The Fertility Challenged Thread

Due in October 2014
monkeyscience - EDD Oct 1 - expecting baby #2 after a miscarriage 9/13 - PCOS sufferer blessed to conceive naturally

Due in November 2014
autumnlaughing - EDD Nov 15 - expecting baby #1 after 6 years, thanks to IVF

Due in December 2014
mainebaby- EDD Dec 8 - expecting baby #1 after 9 years, thanks to IVF

NaturallyMo - EDD Dec 22- expecting baby #2 after exactly one year to the day of trying and 3 rounds of Clomid

Due in January 2015
Xerxella - EDD Jan 6 (38 weeks) - expecting LC #3 & 4 after recurrent losses

Due in February 2015
milk8shake - keeping baby in as long as possible!

iixivboots - EDD early Feb - expecting babies 2 and 3

tracyamber- EDD Feb 7 - expecting baby #2 after TTC since December 2012 through IVF with no success. With a change of clinic had success on June 6,2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kewpie80 - EDD Feb 17 (Babies #3 and #4)

alivewithyou- EDD Feb 25 - expecting baby #1 after 8 months of trying and one miscarriage

Due in April 2015
silverbird - EDD April
chuord - EDD April 24 - expecting #1 & 2 after IVF

Due in May 2015
adiejan - EDD May 1 - expecting #1 & 2 identical twins thanks to IVF after 6 years of TTC and 2 losses

BABIES!!
Sourire - Liliana
, born May 8
Laggie - Casey
& Jasper
, born August 16

See less See more
#210 ·
Hi all, so quiet in here. I want to chat more! I got diastisis recti( sp?) with my son 3 years ago. I think because I was pregnant with twins . Anyway, I already looked a couple months pregnant. It's like I'm totally fit but have a pooch. ( that's why I asked the do you show sooner question)I never thought of binding. It never occurred to me. I think I thought my muscles would bounce back. Now I will bind . I have been reading some great blogs even on mothering on the home page about prenatal binding. My lower back is already feeling a bit strained and I feel like I can use the support. Besides that ,I'm feeling a bit anxious for my ultrasound next week. I sure hope we see a heartbeat.
For the last few days I have been soaking my feet in the ocean .
Tell me something everyone!!! How is your week going?

#211 ·
Hahah Tracy, you're right. I was thinking that I must be the #threadkiller :eek:

No news here. I have enough of all my meds to last me through to next Thursday, so my loose plan is to schedule a scan for Thursday morning, which would be about seven weeks.

#212 ·
tracy - ha ha, everyone has really been quiet, haven't they?

We've had tons going on around here. We bought a new house and got moved in, DH has been gone a ton for work and now we're further from my parents, so things have been hectic. I took last Friday off just to see DH (took the kids to daycare so we could have some, well, adult time) only to get a call to pick up DS from daycare (before said adult time managed to happen) because he got hand foot and mouth. Fun times.

BUT, this Sunday is our 12th wedding anniversary (holy crap, where did all the time go?!?!) and we are getting away just for Saturday and Sunday. My mom is watching the kids and we're going to Virginia Beach for the weekend. Seems strange, I know, but with DH's job even though he gets paid peanuts, he has free flight benefits and gets reduced hotel rates. So it will hopefully be a cheap weekend (and we hopefully won't get kicked off our flights for paying passengers).

DD will be 4 at the end of July and we are still struggling with Potty Training (we let it go with the move and all as we knew she'd regress) and her speech troubles. I'm filling out all the paperwork to get her (hopefully) into the preschool through our school district starting in August, and we've already pretty much decided that we'll hold her back a year (so send her to Kindergarten in 2016 instead of 2015). We just would rather her be really ready versus struggle a lot because we started her too soon. So you never know what may change in a year, but we're preparing for holding her back.

My best friend of 22 years is FINALLY getting married on July 4th (which is her 9th anniversary with him) so we are going back to our hometown that week for the ceremony, then again July 26th for the reception. I am beyond excited!

So, yep, that's what's going on with me :)

#213 · (Edited)
@tracyamber - This will be your first u/s??!?!? What day exactly? Somehow, I missed that. How far along will you be exactly? If your HCG numbers are any indication, I think you'll see a heartbeat.

@hope4light - That sounds like an awesome vacation!!!!! Does your husband get to rack up hotel points when he has to stay overnight for work? I've really found them to be valuable.

@Milk8shake - I was wondering if you'd go in this week or next. How are you feeling about everything?

I don't know if you're a reader or not, but there's this great fictional paranormal romance series by Gena Showalter. All these (of course, hot guys) share their existence with a demon. (The demon of Promiscuity is a blast. :lol ) They're really funny and these are the good guys. Anyways, the really bad guy who's leading the charge to kill our heroes ends up being possessed by the evilest demon of all. The demon of Hope. It really struck me as a profound thought in an otherwise lighthearted, fun series.

It really is a great series and a light, fun read. Does anybody have any other good book recommendations? I could go for a good book series to keep my mind off things.

AFM - Things are chugging along. "I have no reason to believe there's a problem." But, I have moments when I don't believe. We met up with friends and took the kids to Wisconsin Dells waterparks for a long weekend. We had a great time, but I didn't feel as sick as I had been. So, of course that worried me.... But, then I felt sick as a dog all day yesterday, so that made me feel a little better. :rotflmao I know, I know, it comes and goes, but it still worries me. I've been saying to myself that if just one makes it, that'd be great. And, it would be. But, I confessed to DH and myself that I really, really want them both to make it. I've already fallen in love. Hope really is cruel.

Reactions: Milk8shake
#215 ·
@hope4light
Aww, hand , foot and mouth suck. I'm sorry mama. It seems on the potty training it is a move forward move back kinda thing. My ds has been pretty consistent going when he needs( except when he gets really excited) but then last night he pooped in the shower!!! The shower! Yes! I was so mad. I told him I know he is only three but he has lost shower privileges. Happy up coming anniversary!
@Xerxella
Yep, yesterday I felt a little worse than I have been I I felt better:) I think we are all worrywarts.....I guess we have all had our losses. Some more than others. Hugs. Thinking about your two little babies in there.
Yep,my ultrasound is on Wednesday. I will be 6 weeks 5 days so we should see a beat. They have only taken my hcg the first two times.

#217 ·
I am hoping all the upcoming scans go well.

AFM, I think I need to start vacuuming daily. I used to do it once a week. We take shoes off at he door "most" of the time, but DH keeps bringing home metal shards on his work clothes. They are sharp little pieces that stick to his clothes and shoes sometimes. Baby proofing for the newly mobile is happening alittle at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#218 ·
Wow, fun to see all the updates! I've been quiet because I really have nothing to report. I've found that I'm sort of "bored" with pregnancy once I hit a certain point, and even moreso the second time around. Yeah, it's amazing I'm growing a human being inside me, but life goes on. I hope that doesn't sound ungrateful. I get excited for my prenatal appointments, but other than that, I'm just a fat lady with wiggly insides and sore joints! :D

#241 ·
I've added more protein as I've read that it helps avoid pre-e. I had that with my twins and had to be induced early because of it. I'd like to avoid that this go around. I'm adding more fruits and veggies too. I don't eat nearly enough normally. I've actually had the opposite problem and need NO prune juice :grin: I wish there was something to help with the extreme fatigue that hits every day around 11:30am. Anybody know of something?

#221 ·
I think I *had* to add protein, but didn't really change anything else. Oh, and salt... my salt craving was killer.
Smetimes I'm at a "bored" stage, too. Today I'm crazy grumpy though... Super lonely and irritable with it! I want to make plans to duo fun things, but I *really* don't want to do them by myself. Dh doesn't want to do anything, and I only get to see him on weekends, so I feel torn.

Also having issues on the *ahem* bd front. I mean, we kind of were before, but now my body is seriously not helping.

Also, I had blood drawn for the harmony test last Monday, and I haven't heard back. I was pretty chill about it for awhile, but now I'm starting to worry about results. I only care about the sex because I know they had to contact me with that, so I can't assume that no news is good news!

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant.....

#222 ·
Tracy - I took vitamin B6 when I was pregnant, it helped with the nausea.

Autumn - speaking of issues with bd, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times DH and I have bd'ed since I got pregnant in August 2013. I can't say I've been missing it either. All those years of TTC really ruined our sex life.

#242 ·
Autumn - speaking of issues with bd, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times DH and I have bd'ed since I got pregnant in August 2013. I can't say I've been missing it either. All those years of TTC really ruined our sex life.
Same here. It's hard to get the sex = TTC out of our minds when we've tried for so long. It;s been weeks for us too, but mstly out of fear since we're so early. Plus, progesterone suppositories aren't exactly sexy.

Reactions: tracyamber
#223 ·
@Autumnlaughing
Maybe those books @Xerxella has been reading will put your mind else where and maybe it will help in other places... But I'm with @Sourire too, I think trying so long to get pregnant with my first in 2011 definitely put put a big damper on our sex life. Part of me thinks it's all the hormones and maybe I was more sensitive and the other part was all the timed sex. When we lived out of the country for two years I was temping and timing and doing handstands... Really. Then we go to our RE at the time and find out dh almost has no sperm and the ones he has don't move,,, jeez. So, we are definitely in a new chapter in our life regarding that but continue to be stron and expand our family:)

#224 ·
Whine zone ahead. (I miss the spoiler alert window.)

I'm not complaining, but I have to say I can't believe it isn't somehow a bad sign to feel this crappy. It's like I'm hungover with the Tibetan-bird-swine-Peruvian Bat flu, :sick except I don't have the flu :fever and, much to my sadness, I didn't go out drinking last night. :drink How can feeling like this much $h!t :moon possibly be good for the baby (-ies)? This isn't good for anyone. :gross

I'll find out tomorrow at my next appointment. 9w3d. I've never been this sick in my life. I'm sick of being sick. Everything I read says it peaks at 9 weeks. I hope that's true.

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

#243 ·
Whine zone ahead. (I miss the spoiler alert window.)

I'm not complaining, but I have to say I can't believe it isn't somehow a bad sign to feel this crappy. It's like I'm hungover with the Tibetan-bird-swine-Peruvian Bat flu, :sick except I don't have the flu :fever and, much to my sadness, I didn't go out drinking last night. :drink How can feeling like this much $h!t :moon possibly be good for the baby (-ies)? This isn't good for anyone. :gross

I'll find out tomorrow at my next appointment. 9w3d. I've never been this sick in my life. I'm sick of being sick. Everything I read says it peaks at 9 weeks. I hope that's true.

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke
When I was pregnant with my twins, I thought i was going to die. The dry heaves when nothing was left were the worst. If you're not opposed to pills, zofran was a lifesaver. I lost something around 21 pounds my first trimester due to being so sick. Ginger and crackers did nothing and my stomach laughed at my attempts to appease it.

#225 ·
Yeah, I've honestly been looking for some reading to help, but with the physical issues too (too tight! Internet says "some guys like that".... I don't care, it's very uncomfortable for me!), its just been dispiriting. I'm also kind of aware that I was maybe relying a bit too much on alcohol to help...oh well, healthier to get over that anyway, right?

But! The genetics counselor finally called, said the test came back great... And we can put off the circumcision fight, and the one about whether we're naming the kid after dh's dad, because it's a girl :)

... I'm not sure that I was really prepared for that, though... :)

#226 ·
Hi all! Congratulations to all the new ladies in this thread; it's great to see so many people having successes!

Autumn, I hope you hear back soon about your test.
Kewpie, so glad bleeding stopped, fx for a very healthy pregnancy!
Lilac, happy to hear insurance paid... weird it took sooo long! Insurance is a b..... And yay for baby crawling :)
Tracy, I think maybe since it's summer everyone's getting out & (hopefully) enjoying themselves!! Hear you on the back pain. GL at your ultrasound!
Hope, Congratulations on the new home! Have fun at the wedding & reception.
X, Sending good vibes & baby sticky dust your way :)

AFM, still doing well, almost at 16 wks.

#227 ·
Xerxella - yeah I felt pretty bad around 9 weeks too, at the worst point all I could do was lie on the floor moaning because I felt so awful. Luckily I had a doctors note to stay home from work at that stage otherwise I'm not sure how I would have survived. I started taking anti-nausea meds around that time, that's also the phase when I started throwing up every single thing that went in my mouth. Just remember you'll feel better in a few weeks and this is a sign that your body is producing a TON of HCG which means your baby is really healthy!

Autumn - yay for a little girl and everything looking fine on your tests!

#228 ·
X - Well, for me it meant one large, healthy baby with the world's most enormous placenta, and a thus-far-also-healthy baby. Not feeling like absolute death meant a miscarriage. But I totally agree with you... feeling that bad does NOT feel like something that is good!

#230 ·
@Autumnlaughing - Congrats on the girl and on a healthy baby!!!!! Very exciting.

Thanks for the sympathy guys. It's kinda backwards sickness. It's all day sickness and usually worse as the day drags on. And, it's worse when I eat and the absolute worst when I eat a big meal. But, to compound the problem I am absolutely starving all.the.time. Blah. Alright. I'll quit whining now.
@tracyamber - You mentioned you were pregnant with twins before. Was your son a twin or did you lose them both in another pregnancy? And if it's too painful, I'm sorry. Just ignore me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#232 ·
AAM - The appointment went great. It's crazy to believe, but after 3 good ultrasounds I have to accept that everything seems to be going along fine.

I'm 9w3d. Beans were measuring 9w4d and 9w5d with heartbeats of 184 and 187. Perfect.

It's hard to wrap my head around this. But, there it is.

#234 ·
AAM - The appointment went great. It's crazy to believe, but after 3 good ultrasounds I have to accept that everything seems to be going along fine.

I'm 9w3d. Beans were measuring 9w4d and 9w5d with heartbeats of 184 and 187. Perfect.

It's hard to wrap my head around this. But, there it is.

Yay!! I wasn't expecting news from you so soon. Glad things are looking wonderful.

#235 ·
Ramblings...
We have been visiting my in laws but it is so hard to eat healthy. Yesterday my mom in law stopped at a bakery and bought all kinds of things. I ate a chocolate chip cookie, it made me sick. Today I hungry and there's bagels...... I'm tired of the carbs. We are going out of town next week after my scan and I'm going to have to take charge like remembering to soak my oats and having my snacks prepared. Okay, that's it. Anyone have any tips on constipation. The prune juice is a little harsh on my stomach.
Thanks mamas for listening.

#236 ·
@tracyamber - Apples have suddenly become highly effective for me. They didn't have that effect before, but they do now for some reason! People have a lot of luck with pears, too.

Reactions: tracyamber
#238 ·
:love:love:love:love:love
Good news @Xerxella, but I was expecting good news! Must be so surreal for you, in between the puking :grin:

I've been basically existing in this state of not acknowledging I'm pregnant. Don't think about it, don't talk about it.
Except the last couple of days I've been feeling pretty ill, so that makes it harder. I don't want to wallow in it, and do stupid things like Google "eight miscarriages".

Tonight I'm having with a friend from work. She wants to drink a lot of cocktails. So do I. I don't want to tell her I'm pregnant. Honestly, a big part of me just wants to have a few drinks, because in all likelihood, this baby won't make it anyway, so the drinking wouldn't matter. It would take the edge off, and I wouldn't have to explain my not drinking. Believe me, I know how awful that sounds.

#239 ·
Milk8shake - I didn't suffer any miscarriages in my journey, but I''ve had crazy beer cravings (I don't drink beer - I'm allergic), and I've wanted a margarita something fierce! So I have a lot of sympathy for your dilemma. You can't stop "living" to TTC forever, and if you don't feel "out of the woods", you're still there? (currently enjoying ice cream as a consolation prize - dh is out at a bar...)

Tracy - I find that lots of juicy fresh fruit helps - blueberries, grapes, citrus, melon. I've heard that apples and bananas can have the opposite effect, but I haven't actually noticed it. Sometimes a little caffeine, but not to the point that it makes me jittery and stresses me out!

Laggie - sorry to hear about the gd, but I'm glad it's not stressful. I was so tired & sick the first trimester, I often wondered how you twin mommies manage!

As predicted, after deciding that I *was* feeling the baby move, I didn't feel her for a few days :/ but, I felt her moving around while I was stressing about people in my life being overprotective, which helped me feel better :) I'm still amazed that we've gotten this far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.