Anyone not have a heartbeat at ultrasound, then have one? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-19-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Title pretty much says it. Curious if anyone out there didn't detect fetal heartbeat in ultrasound then have one at a later ultrasound?

#2 of 13 Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Well, was there a gestational sac and a fetal pole? Heartbeat comes a bit later I think 7-8 weeks.
swede likes this.
#3 of 13 Old 03-19-2014, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Yes, all the time, if you were too early for a HB.
swede likes this.
#4 of 13 Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for input ladies.  We went in for 8 week ultrasound, our first apt. They said embryo is measuring at 6 weeks, no detectable heartbeat with transvag.....trying to stay optimistic, as the doctors said it can go either way. The waiting is agonizing. 

#5 of 13 Old 03-20-2014, 08:37 PM

@BeDazzel hugs, that's hard . Sending positive energy your way!
#6 of 13 Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 AM

Thinking about ya @BeDazzel !

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#7 of 13 Old 03-28-2014, 06:53 PM

My first ultrasound was at 5 weeks 3 days, no heartbeat just a sac. At 6 weeks a sac and yolk sac. Then 6 weeks 6 days a heartbeat!!
#8 of 13 Old 03-28-2014, 07:06 PM

@BeDazzel
I hope you are doing well. When is your next ultrasound?
#9 of 13 Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

BeDazzel: Today I went for a dating scan. By the size of the sac the tech estimated I was 6w2d, which matches my chart pretty well in retrospect. She pointed out the yolk sac and said she saw a fetal pole and a tiny flicker of heartbeat, but I couldn't see anything. After a while she suggested we switch to a transvaginal ultrasound (lovely); during that, she said she couldn't detect the fetal pole or heartbeat after all.

She didn't seem too worried - "I'm sure it'll be fine, come back in a week to ten days" - but a chart I found online said 86% of fetal poles show up by 6 weeks. So I'm pretty nervous. Have been doing a lot of reading up on missed miscarriages, blighted ovums, D&Cs and all sorts of stuff I never looked up before. :( 

Are you sure of your dates? 

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#10 of 13 Old 04-07-2014, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

The pregnancy defiantly ended at 6 weeks, second apt. confirmed that. We were bummed but we are fine with it too, everything happens as it should.

So it is a missed miscarriage now. They gave me the three options you get- wait it out, d&c or meds to induce. I immediately wanted to wait, let it happen on its own. The meds sounds way too intense and I don't want anything in my uterus digging around.

....4 weeks into waiting, no cramping, spotting, bleeding nothing. It is testing my patience as I just want to move on with daily life and we want to try again. Mostly it's the fact they I have come to terms with the miscarriage, it just physically hasn't happened yet!

I am still holding on to waiting it out, I can't imagine it taking too much longer, with a d&c as backup only if it becomes medically necessary.

Anyway good luck to you guys!

​Smokering- it really can go either way when it is under 8 weeks, hard to detect heartbeat at 6 weeks and under, good luck

#11 of 13 Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks. :) Rescan is tomorrow. 

I'm sorry about your MC. :( The waiting sounds awful (though I agree, it's what I'd choose in your situation.)

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#12 of 13 Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDazzel View Post

The pregnancy defiantly ended at 6 weeks, second apt. confirmed that. We were bummed but we are fine with it too, everything happens as it should.
So it is a missed miscarriage now. They gave me the three options you get- wait it out, d&c or meds to induce. I immediately wanted to wait, let it happen on its own. The meds sounds way too intense and I don't want anything in my uterus digging around.
....4 weeks into waiting, no cramping, spotting, bleeding nothing. It is testing my patience as I just want to move on with daily life and we want to try again. Mostly it's the fact they I have come to terms with the miscarriage, it just physically hasn't happened yet!

I am still holding on to waiting it out, I can't imagine it taking too much longer, with a d&c as backup only if it becomes medically 
necessary.

Anyway good luck to you guys!

​Smokering- it 
really can go either way when it is under 8 weeks, hard to detect heartbeat at 6 weeks and under, good luck
Hugs to you.
#13 of 13 Old 04-10-2014, 01:46 PM

Me! didn't see heart beat at 6 weeks and at 9 weeks saw one

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page