I know it is a really long shot but... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-22-2014, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know you will all think I am crazy, and I do feel I might be, however...

I got a positive test at 12dpo, but it got lighter every day afterwards for three days, then I had AF type bleeding. So I guessed it was a chemical pregnancy.

If that is the case, why do I still have symptoms? Especially as I'm not getting positive tests. The symptoms have really amped up today, I feel dreadful - a very strong yucky taste in my mouth (which I have had in all my pregnancies) and very very fatigued. Perhaps I am just sick? But it feels familiar (I've had 9 pregnancies now). I took a First Response test at lunchtime (had held my pee for a couple of hours) and it was negative.

It's not likely that I'm still pregnant is it, when the tests are negative? I know you can have a bleed and remain pregnant, but surely if there's any hcg in there (I'd be 5weeks+1day) it would show up on a test?

Is it possible to have a vanishing twin this early (I had vivid dreams of twins running up to the bfp), and then have low hcg?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Has anyone had a similar experience? I know it is most likely that I am not pregnant, but it is strange that I am having these darned symptoms. And I'd love to still be pregnant.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#2 of 5 Old 03-22-2014, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it was definitely wishful thinking, and the Universe giving me a total battering : I am not pregnant, I am sick. I've gotten much worse, and my morning sickness has never been as bad as this.

I guess it is a virus (my DS was sick last week) so I'll wait it out and get back to ttc asap.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#3 of 5 Old 03-23-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry mama. I don't have any experience, but I agree with the conclusions you came to. Hugs. Hope you get another positive soon. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 03-23-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thankyou. I guess I can't seem to let go of hope. I've been waiting so long for this last baby, but it just isn't happening. I've tried to give up the quest, but then I got a bfp! Which has just renewed my desire rather than lessening it.

Maybe I'll have a Christmas baby?

lactatinggirl likes this.

#5 of 5 Old 03-27-2014, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm so sorry, gumblossom. That's rough. :(

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page