I guess this is happening! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A week or so ago I found out I was pregnant.  I had a hunch but DH and I had visitors for a week and there was no way to test in private so I waited for them to be gone.  Then I had some blood, old and very dark blood.  But I just got back from the doctor's office and was treated like a pregnant lady.  I peed in a cup and got bloodwork done and they said everything looked good.

I still have old blood, though.  Nothing is coming out, I just see small amounts of it when I take a shower.

The blood makes me worried because I had a miscarriage four years ago and it was super difficult.  I was in so much pain for so long, but this time around I am not having cramps.

I am crossing my fingers, this would be DH and I's firts baby, in ten years of being married.  We've been hoping for this to fall on us all this time.  We only ever really wanted one kid but for various reasons it wasn't going our way.

Now I am really hoping this sticks.  I am already enamored with this person growing and I am going to try to do my best to keep her or him in there.  I am relieved I got to look into my doctor's eyes and she smiled at me when she said it was all positive.

I am wondering if acupuncture is good during pregnancy.  Has anyone here done it?

My doctor gave me a prescription for progesterone because I want to feel safe about this.  I am a total hippy who stays away from all drugs and eats really healthy and takes really good care of myself (I never drink, I never drink coffee) has anyone had crazy experiences with progesterone.  Is progesterone not seen as part of a natural birth?

Thank you and I wish you all the best (while I also hope for the best for me)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
There are lots of progesterone info out there. Because I had IVF I had to do progesterone suppositories , it was just messy and a little itchy.
Best
Old 05-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)

Is your progesterone prescription the type you have to take orally and vaginally?  If it's the second one, don't be alerted if you see spotting.  Sometimes it can irritate.  My SIL who magically conceived after failed IVF several times and several other methods, had to use the vaginal ones and the spotting happened to her.

I wouldn't count it as not natural.  I count it as extra reassurance.  But there are some people with closed minded opinions who just don't want to understand a situation.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 05-07-2014, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks guys.

My progesterone is being taken orally, I have terrible reactions to all vaginal suppositories I have tried in the past.  A few years ago I tried to conceive while using progesterone vaginally and had some very serious burning sensations (and it was messy and itchy indeed).

So far I have found myself to be pretty dizzy and clumsy, but that's all.

I am being cautious.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations, enjoy every minute of it.  I hope you have a H&H 9 months!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!

User Tag List