Subchorionic/subamniotic hematoma SUPPORT PLEASE - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-07-2014, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was bleeding really bad yesterday and passes two strawberry sized clots and so I went ahead and went in for an ultrasound a day early. 19+3 weeks

The hematoma has grown and torn through the chorion sac and is now between the amniotic layer and chorion layer of the sac. It's surrounding the sac completely and it also completely behind the placenta. She said the placenta is still intacted. Waited on her to call me back and let me know of the clot is attached to the placenta or sac.

I'm terrified and im on bed rest at home I got released from the hospital today.

My cervix is very dynamic she said and it measured 2.9 cm today

Their fears are the same but the risks of them happening are greater now.
PPROM
IUGR
PLACENTA ABRUPTION
#2 of 7 Old 05-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hugs sweetie and prayers. Hoping for the very best.

Sierra, wife to DH , Mama to DD (2012) and DS(2014). In love with my family and hoping for inner .
#3 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. You are in my thoughts.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#4 of 7 Old 05-09-2014, 09:50 PM

Sry to just jump in here hut have you researched any abt supplemental vitamin e to help heal the bleed? I bled with my SCH from week 11-18. 3 days after starting vit e is when my bleeding slowed and then stopped. Bc it was a large clot it is still being absorbed at 30 weeks but I can't complain bc I have come so far. Just a suggestion thats you look into it. Of course, do what is right for you.

ME lady.gif + DH tiphat.gif = heartbeat.gif Parents to DD1 (12) photosmile2.gif   DD2 (9) blahblah.gif  DS1 (7) angel2.gif  DS2 (6) & DS3 (4) fencing.gif

DS4(1) jog.gif Expecting DD3 (7-14) stork-girl.gif 

#5 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

I was diagnosed with a subchronic hematoma early in my pregnancy. The hematoma has continued to grow throughout my pregnancy.

Last week at 19+2 days after 4 days of rusty red bleeding and passing strawberry sized clots. It was found on my ultrasound There are two layers to the sac, the amino sac surrounds the baby abd the chorion sac is around the amino sac. The hematoma torn a big hole in my chorion sac and the blood is between the two layers. So now there is a separation of the chorion and anmion layers which is called CHORIOAMNIOTIC SEPARATION.

And the hematoma is 11 cm x 8 cm and now behind the placenta making it a retroplacental hematoma

There is blood in the sac with baby as well.

I am on bed rest until I deliver. Please needed stories about chorion amnion separation.

The hematoma is not my concern, my concern is the separation of the sacs
#6 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 09:15 AM

Was the hematoma not what caused the chorion amnion separation though? The hematoma is still growing and apparently isn't turning directions. So I thought maybe working on the original issue would be good. Mine is retroplacental as well. And I was on bedrest for 7 weeks. I bled so much I was in and out of the ER every week almost. Then I began the Vit E. I also an RH Negative and know abt the risks with blood being in the sack with the baby and such.

I wasn't trying to ignore the chorion amnion separation issue just wanted to address the one thing I do know for certain. That Vit E can heal placental tears and help "glue" things back.

I hope that things turn in a better direction and soon. There is no doubt you are in a scary place right now. I am glad you are nearing the 20 week mark and at 24 weeks they could attempt to save the baby if need be.

ME lady.gif + DH tiphat.gif = heartbeat.gif Parents to DD1 (12) photosmile2.gif   DD2 (9) blahblah.gif  DS1 (7) angel2.gif  DS2 (6) & DS3 (4) fencing.gif

DS4(1) jog.gif Expecting DD3 (7-14) stork-girl.gif 

#7 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yes the hematoma caused the separation. Thank you

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page