Retroplacental hematoma, chorioamniotic separation, short cervix, debris and blood in sac - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jessdcary

#1 of 14 Old 05-28-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was diagnosed with a subchronic hematoma early in my pregnancy at 5+3 weeks when I stated bleeding. I had several big bleeds through my first trimester. The hematoma has continued to grow throughout my pregnancy......

APRIL 18th scan: Cervical length was only measuring 2.5 cm it should be 3-5 cm I also have a subchronic hematoma which is measuring 8.5cm x 6 cm. Hematoma is under baby and sac and just ontop of my cervix. Next to the placenta, but not causing it to detach. 16+5 WEEKS......

MAY 1st scan: Hematoma has grown to 8.5 cm x 8.7 cm the hematoma is pushing its way under in placenta:/ my cervix is down to 2.2 cm and now I'm going to the perinatologist weekly. 18 WEEKS 4 da......

MAY 7th 19+2 weeks after 4 days of rusty red bleeding and passing strawberry sized clots. It was found on my ultrasound There are two layers to the sac, the amino sac surrounds the baby abd the chorion sac is around the amino sac. The hematoma torn a big hole in my chorion sac and the blood is between the two layers. So now there is a separation of the chorion and anmion layers which is called CHORIOAMNIOTIC SEPARATION......

And the hematoma is 11 cm x 8 cm and now behind the placenta making it a retroplacental hematoma. There is blood in the sac with baby as well. I am on bed rest until I deliver......

MAY 16th The hematoma has slightly grow AGAIN, sigh. But little man is 13 oz @ 20+5 weeks!!!! He's growing right on track! He did have a few heart decels during the scan:( But other then that everything looks good/the same.......

MAY 27th 22+2 weeks hematomas are the same size. They found debris in the sac with baby. They said they're gonna give me steroids at 23-24 weeks which I was shocked to hear and I asked why. She said it's not looking like I'll make it into my 3rd trimester. Said she'd rather give them before it was too late. So when I get them if I don't have him within 10 days I'll have to have another round. They said basically they don't know how much further we're going to make it, but expect us to deliver at anytime... And are saying there's no way we'll make it to term, much less the 3rd trimester. And I'm thinking you're not God. You don't know! I'm not asking them to sugar coat it, but they don't have to be so insensitive and lack optimism.

I am 22+3 weeks I have a retroplacental hematoma 11 cm x 8 cm, Chorioamniotic separation, a short cervix, debris and blood in the sac with baby. The Drs have been very doubtful that we'd make it this far and are even more doubtful we"'ll make it into the 3rd trimester. They're wanting to give me steroids at 24 weeks. They normally do not give them to you unless they expect you to deliver within 10 days because there effectiveness wears off and you'll need another round. So I'm at risk for PPROM, hemorrhaging, placenta abruption, and IUGR.

If they're so worried and doubt we'll make it then why are they not admitting me??? I did get a referral to get a second opinion. Just waiting on the call to make my appt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 06-05-2014, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. What a tough situation. I don't have any advice; I just wanted to post and ask how you're doing.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#3 of 14 Old 06-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I saw your post before the forum went through it's makeover and my post didn't go through. How are you and the baby doing? Is everything alright? Prayers for you.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#4 of 14 Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine the stress and worry you're going through. It sounds like you're being very smart about everything and looking off the best possible outcome. That's really great - it would be so easy to be swallowed by the worry. What a great mama you already are to your little one Hope all is going well for you.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#5 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

June 30th at 27 weeks I had a delicious donut at 1130pm. I was in bed tossing and turning, I had just fell asleep when I felt a gush. I woke up confused, then another gush. I began to panic. I stood up and I knew my water had broken. I rushed into the living room to tell Drew. We went straight to labor and delivery.

They did I swab and confirmed my water had indeed broken. They determined I was 1~2 cm dilated. They did an ultrasound which showed baby boy weighing in at 2 lbs 6 oz!

I was given steroids to help his lungs mature, magnesium to protect his brain, and antibiotics to prevent infection.

I was told most women whose water break with deliver within 1week, The other will deliver within 2 weeks and few will hold out any longer.

The goal is to keep me in the hospital until 34weeks, if I develop an infection or Chaos shows any signs of stress they will take him sooner. Otherwise they will induce at 34 weeks.
#6 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

May 27th 22+3 weeks I have a retroplacental hematoma 8 cm x 4 cm, Chorioamniotic separation, a short cervix, debris and blood in the sac with baby. The Drs have been very doubtful that we'd make it this far and are even more doubtful we"'ll make it into the 3rd trimester. They're wanting to give me steroids at 24 weeks. They normally do not give them to you unless they expect you to deliver within 10 days because there effectiveness wears off and you'll need another round. So I'm at risk for PPROM, hemorrhaging, placenta abruption, and IUGR.

June 6th UPDATE..... 23+5 weeks The hematoma over my cervix has completely bled out!! AND the one behind the placenta is 1/2 it's biggest size and measures 5 cm x 3 cm!!!! The Dr was completely shocked at how much it's shrunk. He said he feels a little more optimistic. Still debris and blood in the sac obviously.... I go back Thursday

June 12th 24+4 weeks BABY BOY weighs 1 lb 10 oz!!!!! Last week they said that I no longer had a hematoma above my cervix, today they saw it:/ So they either missed it last week or it's a new one. They didn't get measurements on the hematoma above my cervix or the one behind the placenta just said they're there. As the little guy is getting bigger it's harder to see everything that's going on in there. I think that's why they didn't see the one above my cervix last week. But he's growing and we're still going strong

June 16th 25+1 weeks Baby weighs 1 lb 11 oz, he is in the 70 % for growth and doing good! The didn't see the hematomas at all! And I don't have to go back till July 3rd, just to make sure they didn't miss anything.

June 30th 27 weeks Water broke, currently on hospital bed rest postponing delivery
#7 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Prayers that your LO stays in there as long as possible. I know your situation is complicated & different, but I have a friend IRL who's water broke at 28 weeks & she & baby made it to 34 weeks & he only needed a 3 wk nicu stay. T&p xo
#8 of 14 Old 07-18-2014, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!! We're 29+5 weeks today and 2 weeks 4 days post rupture still going strong!!!
#9 of 14 Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM

Great! Keep us posted!
#10 of 14 Old 07-19-2014, 03:24 PM

That's wonderful! Great job, mama.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#11 of 14 Old 07-20-2014, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
A long road ahead, no matter what happens, but I feel confident that you are going to have a wonderful baby who will grow into a wonderful child! My DD was born at 27 weeks, she is now a crazy 3 y.o. And it's amazing to think of how strong these tiny babies are and how determined they are to thrive and grow. You have already come so far and have so much in your favor! 30 weeks along, got steroids, and will have all the services you need available at the moment your baby/body determine birth is necessary. I'm sure this is incredibly hard, and the only thing that will fix it is walking out of that hospital someday soon (relatively speaking...) with your baby in your arms... You can do it!
#12 of 14 Old 08-11-2014, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

I had my little boy July 21st at 30 weeks. He's doing AMAZING! Breathing on his own since 23 hrs after birth. Birth weight 3 lbs 6 oz, up to 3 lbs 10 oz today! We got to attempt to nurse today and he shockingly latched right on and nursed for 15 mins like a champ!
pokeyac likes this.
#13 of 14 Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM

That is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations <3

#14 of 14 Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 PM

Congratulations!!!!!! XO

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page