1Likes
  • 1 Post By marilyn612

#1 of 5 Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
Alline

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
when would dilation starts!

I'm at 39 weeks and 5 days and my OB still telling me I'm closed and not dilating at all. My due dates are June 12 and June 13 one of those days. I'm keep on feeling BH but it's so confusing on when I'm going to start dilating. I am ready to have my baby and meet her but I wish I could know when I will start dilating or labor. All your comments are very helpful and I know every boday is different. I hoping I have my baby this weekend. .
Alline
#2 of 5 Old 06-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi Alline,
Congratulations on the impending birth of your baby girl! There is really no way to know when you will start labor or start dilating. A woman can be dilated a centimeter or more for weeks before she goes into labor, and being dilated before labor is really no indication of when you will go into labor or how quickly you will dilate. For now, just try to relax and enjoy the peace before the baby comes. I hope you get to meet your little girl soon!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 06-11-2014, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was in tears at my last ob appointmeny with my DD because I was a week overdue with zero dilation. I thought that meant I was never going to go into labour. Labour started 3-4 days later all naturally. Don't worry. As PP said dilation before labour means nothing.

As another point of reference. My friend walked around at 4 cm for over 4 weeks before going into labour.
pokeyac likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 06-11-2014, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Is this your first baby? Most women don't start dilating until they are in established labour with their first baby (although there are obviously exceptions to this rule).

If it is causing you some anxiety or stress, perhaps you could decline further routine vaginal examinations. The information they provide is not going to be of any particular use to you as, as PPs have mentioned, dilation and effacment prior to labour are not predictors of when labour will start or how long it will be, or anything else.
#5 of 5 Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am wih katelove. Decline cervical checks. I will this time because all they did was cause frustration.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page