should I try to push myself out of bed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
should I try to push myself out of bed?

hello all! i am at the end of the first trimester and this is my fourth baby However i still feel nuaseated, throw up and really really have no energy for anything! i barely homeschool the kids for around 2 hours in the morning, do the laundry and that is it! i m in bed for the rest of the day! if i do try to get out and be a little active i throw up 😢 dh does basically everything around the house including taking care of three small kids . he is so tired! i feel like i should force myself out of this bed life but it is so hard! actually my back aches from constant sitting and not moving. it has been more than two months! what should i do??? thank u for letting me vent! 😘
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Do you think you might have hyperemesis gravidarum? I have had that and my life was like what you describe (including the exhausted husband). Are you taking any nausea meds? In my experience, it didn't let up until about 18 weeks.

I can't imagine how you could push yourself out of bed. Maaaaybe just flump to the floor nearby the bed and do some very simple stretches. It's REALLY good to stretch the back of the legs, the piriformis and then rest down into a deep squat for pregnancy and the earlier you start the better with that. And then just plop back down in bed after that while you allow the blood to pump for a bit before deciding if you can get up.

I literally moved my nest from room to room as best I could and just let my daughter crawl all over me and I would tend to her the best I could; reading, singing...ahem, pushing the play button on a show again. Not my best parenting for sure, but when you're in survival mode you just do what you have to do.

Now that I'm pregnant again, picturing the worst, I have wondered if it would be THAT awful if my kids had take out and fast food every day for 4 months of their whole entire lives. Because that might be our reality soon if HG happens again. When I look at it that way, it doesn't seem as monumental.

Just go as fast as you can but as slow as you must. You can't talk your body out of reacting to pregnancy. Maybe look into some binaural beats that you can listen to on headphones if you do try to get up and move about. It can help with nausea, dizziness, headaches, exhaustion, etc.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I learned early on that I really couldn't "push" myself in pregnancy - if it felt like too much, it was! And no skipping meals just because I was too tired to cook, either - no good would come of it! Good luck, but be gentle with yourself, the first trimester can be rough!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
thank u dear ladies! 😘 today i could move a little better but a lot of nuasea came out ov that so i just jumped back into bed. i could keep from vomiting by going to bed as soon as i would feel that i am going to throw up. till now it seems to work. just want to keep vomiting to the minimum cause cant drink water and am really worried of dehydration. maybe alterating between moving and bed is the best idea.

User Tag List