Terrible all day sickness!!! Any advice???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-24-2014, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Terrible all day sickness!!! Any advice????

roughly 6 weeks now, have a 16 month old already and having WAY stronger nausea than last pregnancy. So hard to eat anything, forcing myself. Anything that helps??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I ate lots of protein, nuts, cream cheese and bagels. I also sucked on peppermint or lemon/lime flavored lozenges. The citrus flavor seemed to help. I always had a snack with me so my tummy would never get empty. Sea Bands work for some people. I also took B6 and unisom at night. It's the same combination you can get in a prescription drug now, but it wasn't available then. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:56 AM

Hopefully it eases up for you soon.
I'm still sick pretty much every day.. it's a rare day indeed that I don't have my morning heave. I was like this with DD and DS - right up til the moment they injected me with Maxalon in the delivery room :S

Plus side was I lost roughly 20kgs with both of them. Down side was I put it all on again! lol
I've been eating quite averagely this pregnancy so I wonder if I will have lost any weight.. hope so! lol

I found that sipping on Berocca helped me a little. You can get these things called Sea Bands from chemists - they press on pressure points in your wrist which can help with motion or morning sickness.
You could also try acupuncture.
Could also get some ginger and cut about 5 thin slices and add them to boiling water and sip that slowly too.
Other than that - eat whatever you think you can stomach - even if it's junk, it's still something in your stomach which can help you feel better.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Oh, yuck.

In Canada, you can get a drug called Diclectin which has been prescribed for decades and is the best thing ever (possibly what pokeyac mentioned?). It's basically a B-vitamin and the stuff in some allergy medicines that makes you drowsy, so people often make their own.

Apart from that, eating ALL. THE. TIME. (seriously, if you feel hungry it's TOO LATE) is a good one.

I also wanted to mention that my initial blood work came back showing signs of hyperthyroidism, and my doctor told me that it can cause more severe nausea. I won't know if that was the case for me until my follow-up blood work comes back and I am (probably) put on medication, and I'm not saying it's necessarily the case for you....I just didn't know it was a possibility until the results came back, which is why I mention it.

I hope the yuck eases up soon!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 PM

I've found aromatherapy to help me. Citrus blends are working best.. although the rose geranium is nice too. They say peppermint and spearmint help a lot too.

User Tag List