What's happening? 4 weeks along and bleeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Unhappy What's happening? 4 weeks along and bleeding?

I'm about 4 weeks along right now. Last night I found I was bleeding a bit when I went to the bathroom (to be exceptionally graphic, I had a big dollop of blood slide out and when wiping got a bit of reddish-brown on the paper). I was hysterical. I've been having cramps akin to my usual AF type (although maybe a little lower?).

I calmed down and did a pregnancy test this morning and it's still positive. What's happening? Is this a miscarriage? I'm terrified.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Unless it's a constant flow, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe you can have your doctor/midwife run your betas? Hugs to you. I know it's stressful. I bled for almost 10 weeks with this one, but now I'm 18 weeks along. Try not to stress too much, and see if you can have your betas done.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#3 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still cramping and bleeding this morning. I've called (and emailed, heh) my OB and am waiting to see if they can get me in.
#4 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 AM

Sending you sticky baby vibes!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#5 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello Charmedseed - I have experienced something similar to your situation twice with two different results. The first time was four years ago, I started to bleed brown blood (then bright red) and cramping at five weeks and it went on like this until the eighth week when I eventually stopped and there was no baby left (and no more sign of pregnancy).

BUT

I experienced bleeding at five weeks again this year. Dark blood cloths, almost black. For about ten days. There was no cramping and no bright red blood. I am now 13 weeks pregrant and have already had three U/S telling me that the baby is doing well.

Here are my recommendations for you: consider yourself pregnant for good and take it easy as much as you can. Rest, lying down on your side whenever possible. Watch bad movies. Cut out all caffeine and watch what kind of herbal teas you are drinking (stay away from chamomille especially). These recommendations are not by the the book, they are only what I did when I started panicking thinking I was having a miscarriage again. It helped get over the fear of the blood.

If the cramps persist and you see bright red blood, don't panic until you've talked to your doctor. If you need to protect your underwear from the blood, wear a pad (no tampons!).
#6 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Been in to have an ultrasound and I definitely miscarried. I'm heartbroken, but I know that it isn't unusual this early along. We'll keep going along and try again when it's time! It'll be okay.
#7 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 06:55 PM

Hugs to you. I'm sorry for your loss

#8 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so sorry Charmedseed...

I guess the only positive aspects of miscarrying are that often it wasn't a viable pregnancy, and they say it is easier to conceive again in the months following the miscarriage. But going through it all is still brutal and heartbreaking, it isn't like those are reasons to rejoice.

Once I had my miscarriage I realized how many women around me had experienced one, or more, and it opened a new door in our friendship. All the ladies I know who have experienced one have healthy babies (children) now. The future is bright.

Good luck to you and be gentle with yourself.
#9 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
So sorry for your loss.
#10 of 11 Old 07-07-2014, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Very sorry for your loss

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#11 of 11 Old 07-13-2014, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am very sorry for your loss. If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you.

User Tag List