Breastfeeding and pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-09-2014, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Breastfeeding and pregnant

How many on here are breastfeeding and pregnant?
I'm slowly weaning. My son is 21 months next week and down to nursing only at nap, and bed, and sometimes in the morning if he wakes too early and needs a second nap. ( just recently he's been waking at 530 and goes back to bed at 7-9. So then he needs a second nap at the normal time.) just wanted to hear from other nursing pregnant moms. I just feel done and I'm not enjoying nursing anymore!! Plus his latch has gotten lazy and he digs his teeth in while eating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 07-10-2014, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Hi there! I'm still nursing DS is 16 months. I can relate to the aggrivation. The first few minutes of every single session are sheer pain and then there's the bite that comes when he's asleep but not de-latched. I have no advice, but I hear ya.
#3 of 19 Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks
#4 of 19 Old 07-12-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I think my 2yo dd is ready to wean, yippee! I never rush my babies from the breast - ds3 was almost 4yo when he stopped. But now at 17 weeks pg, I'm really ready for her to stop. I try pairing other comfort measures like singing lullabies and rubbing her back during our 1 and only nursing session at bedtime and the time she needs at the breast has gotten shorter and shorter.

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#5 of 19 Old 07-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Ds is 15 months and I'm now 11 weeks pregnant. I have been reading about tandem nursing and getting myself ready. Ds nurses 4x a day (5:00am and goes back to sleep, 2 naps and bedtime). I'm so grateful he sleeps well at night with DH. They've been cosleeping for about 4 or 5 months and we all sleep better (I'm in the guest room). Not quite sure how it's all gonna work with two,though. Good luck with your two ittle ones!
#6 of 19 Old 08-07-2014, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My DS is 15 months and I'm 5 weeks prego; I'm looking forward to tandem nursing; it's alway been some form of a "dream" of mine haha but what really drives me insane is that he has to twiddle my other nipple while nursing the other and has a full on temper and screaming if I hide it so he can't; like sorry I don't want you sucking one and tweaking the other!! I have no sore boobs yet so it doesn't hurt; just really fricken annoying!! I thought I would be hungrier than I am eating for three. I guess time will tell how the rest of pregnancy goes while still nursing.
#7 of 19 Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm still nursing. DD is only 11mo old and I'm 20 weeks along. My nipples have been sore the whole time, but it's gotten worse. Thankfully it's only when she latches. I've been using it as chances to practice breathing threw pain. Lol.
I don't have any weaning plans. But I've read some self wean between 20 weeks and shortly after the new sibling is born. So I'm open to that or tandem nursing.
And I have to say once I hit my second trimester my appetite has really picked up. Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling like I'm starving. And I snack before bed.
#8 of 19 Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
DS is still nursing at 18 monthes. I'm 29 weeks now. I really don't see him weaning himself, if he did I'd be totally fine with it. At least now he rarely ever nurses just to nurse, its mostly to sleep now. And I barely have any milk anyway, so it just a comfort thing.
#9 of 19 Old 09-03-2014, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

I think my 22 month old is beginning to wean himself. I thought this would never be possible!!! I'm 25 weeks along, I have no milk. He only nurses before nap and before bed but he's been telling me he doesn't want to nurse before bed. Then he eventually does but resists at first. I am going to fully wean him before his 2nd bday so if he stops in his win that would be great!
#10 of 19 Old 09-03-2014, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm 5 weeks pregnant, with a 2yo son who Won't Stop Nursing. So far it hasn't been too bad, but my nipples are definitely getting sore!
#11 of 19 Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
My 3-year-old nursling has no plans to stop; she nurses even more now and talks about sharing with her baby sister. I've toughed it out for 26 weeks, only 14 left! There's only colostrum now.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#12 of 19 Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Might be a stupid question but does the colostrum benefit our toddlers? That would at least make me feel better and not like a human pacifier
#13 of 19 Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 PM

I don't know, but I caught a flu that lasted more than a few days last week. I had body aches and was so tired. My dd had runny nose for a day and that was it. I hope whatever she's getting is helping her somewhat.

#2 due December 2014!
#14 of 19 Old 09-14-2014, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

So it's done! DS is fully weaned now. It's bittersweet. Friday night he slept with us and when he falls asleep in my bed he doesn't asked to be nursed only when we are rocking to sleep in his room to sleep in his crib. So then Saturday I decided I wasn't going to nurse him to nap. He just yelled in his crib for awhile and then my DH called me to bring him something so I had to get DS up
And he fell asleep in the car. When I got home I laid him in my bed and he went back to sleep.
So last night I just told him "mommy doesn't have anymore milk, ( which is true) no eat." He cried and I rocked him to sleep, and I gave him a sippy cup of water and he fell asleep after 15 minutes. He would not let go of the cup so he ended up sleeping with it lol. He's been asleep all night! I'm sad bc he's getting big, and we won't ever nurse again, but not sad to be done with nursing (for now) in itself. If that makes sense. I need a couple months off before baby comes. He will be two next month so I an proud of our journey. It was beginning to feel Unnatural due to the fact that I had no milk and he wasn't latching correctly. I was having a stong aversion and felt used lol. That's all for now!
#15 of 19 Old 09-16-2014, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm glad that it went so smoothly for you.

My supplie has really dropped, and DD is eating way more real food. She has always been a good eater, who enjoyed real food, but now she it truly hungry for it.
It's colostrum full of antibodies and what not? I'm thinking how could it not be good for them. I'm sure it does not have much protein tho. But I was also just sick, I had a bad head cold. DD got a stuffy/runny nose for a few days but that was all. She didn't act like she felt bad on any way. I on the other hand have felt like poo for a week... When she was only like a month old I got the flu (2nd time in my life and never had a vax for it) and she was fine.

DD is almost 1, and just starting to pull her self up on things. I think when she starts walking and is able to crawl onto the couch and what not I'll set up her toddler bed in my room and try to night wean. I think that would work for us. I'm not saying I won't let her back in my bed in the middle of the night... Some nights she only will want to nurse once durring the night, it's wonderful. Lol.
#16 of 19 Old 09-16-2014, 04:45 PM

apeydef, glad to hear that weaning went well and that you can have a break before the new baby comes.

#2 due December 2014!
#17 of 19 Old 09-16-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! It's bittersweet though, I'm kind of sad.
#18 of 19 Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What to do if the nipples are still getting sores? (home remedies)
#19 of 19 Old 09-18-2014, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not sure if you have the same pain like me.
I learned some tips to stop breastfeeding pains from here:
http://www.thebestprenatalvitamins.c...-to-stop-pain/

I bought nipple butter and found it works for me, hope it help you some...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page