~The One Thread Grad Club~July - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2 3  4  12  ... Last
I'm Pregnant > ~The One Thread Grad Club~July
maof1's Avatar maof1 02:50 PM 07-10-2014
As for multiple baby showers... My DS is 8 and will be 9 by the time this little one makes it's appearance. I had one with DS but I didn't plan it at all. Basically all it was was my mom, my dad's two sisters, and my dad's mom. My two sisters were there as well. No games or anything really. It was basically a last minute we are giving you some things for the baby and a small cake. Honestly I was fine with it. If I have one this time it more likely than not won't be much this time around either. I think it's more likely because I am not one who cares to say, "I'm having a baby! What can you give me?" SO and I already purchased a second hand car seat and stroller combo that had a 2nd base for the car seat. Both are in basically new condition. The set we got brand new would have cost us close to $300 and we got it for $75!

AFM, I have my dr appt in the morning to get my thyroid ultrasound done. After that I am taking DS and SO's 2nd oldest to the YMCA to go swimming so I can do laps for exercise.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

apeydef's Avatar apeydef 03:25 PM 07-10-2014
Good to hear from you @maof1 ! it would be cool if you got a shower though since its been so long since you had a baby. Its fun to get spoiled sometimes!
Harmony96's Avatar Harmony96 03:37 PM 07-10-2014
Had our sono this morning, and it's a healthy little baby with all of his parts! I have an anterior placenta this time, but it's way up by my fundus (so nowhere near my scar). We're go for a VBAC again!

With my sonos for my other babies, they were asleep, but my current little guy was WIDE awake and moving ALL over the place today! It was so fun to watch. And I had been suspicious of a high anterior placenta since all of the movements I've been feeling have been soooo low, even as baby is getting bigger and bigger.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 03:42 PM 07-10-2014
Yeah! Congratulations on a healthy baby boy!
innacircle's Avatar innacircle 06:49 AM 07-11-2014
Hi Ladies! I'm just checking in to say hi. I'm glad you started a new thread - that other one was getting huge!

I haven't chimed in bc I'm never on MDC anymore. My entire DDC migrated to an invite-only private group on the The Bump website when all the freaky changes were taking place over here. We all like the privacy/functionality so much that we decided just to stay there.

All is well for me, I'm 33-1/2 weeks and baby is head down. My only complaint is lack of sleep bc I keep waking up achy at the 4-hour mark. So take heed - get all the sleep you can while it's still possible to do so!

Best of luck to all of you!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 07:51 AM 07-11-2014
Hi innacircle! Yes at that stage in pregnancy my hips always hurt while sleeping!
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 11:14 AM 07-11-2014
Good to hear from you @innacircle . I tried using thebump.com but the site just wasn't functioning right for me, and I gave up. Hope it was just my laptop being silly! And good luck in these last few weeks!
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 11:18 AM 07-11-2014
I tried talking with my DH about the depression issues, but it resulted in another fight. I'm not ready for a third attempt. He's been texting me from work all day and I just told him it didn't matter anymore because he couldn't put his damn ego aside and listen. I thought I was suppose to be able to go to him with these issues without fear of judgement, and I guess not.

I'm probably going to refrain from posting on MDC until I can get my head straight. Nothing is helping, and I need to keep this away from others.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 12:26 PM 07-11-2014
My due date is December 25
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 12:28 PM 07-11-2014
TMI: I think I may have a slight yeast infection. I hear they common with pregnancy but I've never had one before in my life yet I've been itching all day "down there". At first I thought maybe I needed to "air it" a bit and shave but I'm still slightly itchy. I'm going to go home and do a soak or something. No discharge or anything, just itchy.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 12:36 PM 07-11-2014
@badwolf092087 - I'm sorry you're going through all of this and Hubby isn't being supportive. I agree that maybe you guys need to take a breather and you vent to us ladies or some friends about how you're feeling. And let me say this: do not feel bad about feeling any type of way. You need to let it out.
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 08:55 AM 07-12-2014
So. I am sure I am overanalyzing but does anyone have any early measurements of their yolk sac? The reason I ask is because I had two ultrasounds a week apart. The first one (5 weeks 3 days) the yolk sac was 3.17mm, the second one (6 weeks 3 days) the yolk sac was 4.73mm. I know that it is still within normal range but it concerns me that it grew that much and I don't know if that's normal or not. I also know that 1mm isn't really all that different when trying to measure on an ultrasound. Does anyone have any experience or guidance with this? My doctor didn't seem concerned so like I said I am probably freaking myself out more than anything.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 09:56 AM 07-12-2014
@alivewithyou that's not such a big concern. Like you said, it's normal. You're good, and everything is developing in there in its own time frame and rate.
@NaturallyMo I meant taking a break from the board more than anything, change it up and see if it helps not being on here every day. And taking a "break" from hubby isn't really an option. It drives him nuts when I go silent. Anything beyond that results in him going and talk to our reverend. The last time he did that, it led to me having a one-on-one session with the rev, and unless I initiate these sessions, I'm not very appreciative. So I'm just keep "distant" with my thoughts depending on the thoughts. If that makes sense. As for your itchy, did you have a UTI recently? I know after I finished my meds for mine, I was completely dried out and itchy and not producing any discharge. When I went to my OB, he said the meds are meant to clean out all the yeast and let new production start and it takes a little bit of time. Relaxing baths (no bubbles allowed) helped, and staying cool. Congrats on the Christmas due date!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 08:31 PM 07-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
TMI: I think I may have a slight yeast infection. I hear they common with pregnancy but I've never had one before in my life yet I've been itching all day "down there". At first I thought maybe I needed to "air it" a bit and shave but I'm still slightly itchy. I'm going to go home and do a soak or something. No discharge or anything, just itchy.
Usually there's discharge but who
Knows when your pregnant! I had one with my lady pregnancy and had discharge but no itching. That was a first bc usually when I get them I'm itching like crazy! If airing and soaking g don't seem to help call your OB. They will check you out and give you a cream. You can use Over the counter creams while pregnant but since you've never had one before I'd get checked out first.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 11:03 PM 07-12-2014
Thanks for the advice. Still a little itchy but not too bad after applying plain yogurt to my inner lips (trying natural remedies first) and then icing at night. Since this started Friday, most sites are saying wait 3 days so if its still bothersome tomorrow, I'm putting a call to the doc to be seen Monday morning.
maof1's Avatar maof1 07:16 PM 07-13-2014
Hope things are getting better NaturallyMo.
Badwolf, I know the feeling of getting depressed. It happens to me too. I am finally coming out of my latest depression. Thankfully it wasn't too long.

AFM, y'all, I'm so nervous! I go in two weeks for my gender ultrasound! I really would like a girl to even out the numbers some. Also so I have a girl of my own. I am honestly leaning more towards thinking it is a boy though. I tend to lean that way due to how many boys we have already. SO has 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl is the youngest. I have a DS already. So long as the baby is healthy I will be happy though.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 08:34 PM 07-13-2014
The doctor has advised me to do Monistat7. Since there is not discharge, they still think it could be a slight yeast infection and will treat it as such. The nurse was so tickled when I told her I never had one of these before and freaked out LOL

I'm doing ok so far. Still itchy, except for when the cream kicks in. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 07:12 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
My due date is December 25
YAY! Wonder if baby will skip Christmas and be a New Years Baby?!
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 07:22 AM 07-14-2014
I had some weird gelatinous discharge yesterday and now I'm wondering if I may have lost part (or all) of my mucous plug. I have been reading contradictory things online about whether or not this is something to be concerned about. Many sources say that it regenerates itself; others say that it's probably nothing, and if it is something, it there is nothing that can be done about it at this stage; others say a cerclage may be needed; still others say that this may be normal pregnancy discharge mixed with semen, which makes sense since we DTD Saturday night.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 07:30 AM 07-14-2014
I always have thick mucus and stringy even. If you lost your plug wouldn't there be blood too? I wouldn't worry.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 08:09 AM 07-14-2014
Monistat 7 = Holy crap did that stuff burn when I applied it last night. It took about an hour for the burning to stop by once it did, I actually slept peacefully the entire night. I did read the reviews and posts from others that said that is pretty normal the first few days as the body gets used to it and it hits the infection but sheesh. Either way, the vulva cream and the internal cream seem to be working so I will just have to tough it out. Luckily, I'm not itching anymore.

My mom told me she suffered from bad yeast infections when she was pregnant with my youngest brother and even had 'riod issues to go along with it. No wonder she quit after 3 kids LOL

I'm going to assume that since my doctor prescribed it is ok for pregnancy?
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 08:21 AM 07-14-2014
@NaturallyMo my OB told me that creams are not "harmful" but that most pregnant women just hate them because of existing discharge and it getting messy. And from what I've read online, most pregnant women are just resistant to them oppose to having actual issues.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 08:24 AM 07-14-2014
I slept from 9pm last night till almost 8am this morning. 11 hours, ugh. Either I'm truly exhausted (even though I'm doing barely anything) or this is just another part of the depression. That's getting added to the list of things to tell the doc tomorrow. Please hope for rain so that way I actually have my husband with me, and don't need to take the stupid medical taxi thing. It's nice my insurance provides it, but they are jerks and impatient.

I tried crotcheting last night, but failed. I use to be so good at this, but I couldn't even get a basic slip stitch started. So now the ball of yarn is just resting on my desk and probably going to collect dust until someone has patience to help me figure out where I went wrong.
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 09:18 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Monistat 7 = Holy crap did that stuff burn when I applied it last night. It took about an hour for the burning to stop by once it did, I actually slept peacefully the entire night. I did read the reviews and posts from others that said that is pretty normal the first few days as the body gets used to it and it hits the infection but sheesh. Either way, the vulva cream and the internal cream seem to be working so I will just have to tough it out. Luckily, I'm not itching anymore.

My mom told me she suffered from bad yeast infections when she was pregnant with my youngest brother and even had 'riod issues to go along with it. No wonder she quit after 3 kids LOL

Yes, the cream is considered safe during pregnancy. Sorry it burned though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I slept from 9pm last night till almost 8am this morning. 11 hours, ugh. Either I'm truly exhausted (even though I'm doing barely anything) or this is just another part of the depression. That's getting added to the list of things to tell the doc tomorrow. Please hope for rain so that way I actually have my husband with me, and don't need to take the stupid medical taxi thing. It's nice my insurance provides it, but they are jerks and impatient.
Your body is going through a lot right now with both the pregnancy and your ankle injury. It is not surprising that you are feeling depressed to, with everything you have been through. I'm not sure why your husband was fighting with you about it but I hope things are better now.
Harmony96's Avatar Harmony96 09:23 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
YAY! Wonder if baby will skip Christmas and be a New Years Baby?!
Josiah was due 12/27 and I was hoping for a Christmas Day baby (but not Christmas Eve since that's when my loss was), but he held out until New Year's Eve. Now I'm due 11/25 and hoping for a Thanksgiving baby.
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 09:39 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I always have thick mucus and stringy even. If you lost your plug wouldn't there be blood too? I wouldn't worry.
If there was any blood, I would already be at Emergency. I'm feeling a little bit crampy today. I have made an appointment to see my doctor this evening. He may be useless, but hopefully he can reassure me or refer me to someone more competent.
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 10:31 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Josiah was due 12/27 and I was hoping for a Christmas Day baby (but not Christmas Eve since that's when my loss was), but he held out until New Year's Eve. Now I'm due 11/25 and hoping for a Thanksgiving baby.
Yay thanksgiving baby! My son was due 11/11/11 but born 11/20/11, 3 days before thanksgiving!
HappyMama2013's Avatar HappyMama2013 10:35 AM 07-14-2014
Hi mamas, Congrats to all of you on your pregnancies...hope everyone is doing well no matter what stage you're in! Look forward to "getting to know" you

Just wanted to drop in and say hello/introduce myself. I'm stepping over here from the TTC One board. Thrilled to get my BFP #2 on Friday at 8DPO. Today I am 11DPO, so this is still very early for me, but I am too excited to just sit on my news in my lonesome My EDD is the end of March (about a week from my DS's 2nd birthday) so I am thrilled to have two littles close in age

What's the difference between this board and the DDC? I didn't join a MDC until after my DS was born so this is my first rodeo on here. I'm guessing this is kind of an in-between from the TTC to the DDC groups...but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 11:25 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:

I almost said they to you last night when you mentioned relief from the cream but I thought maybe I was the only one!! It burns for me too and makes me feel more itchy. But it works.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 11:27 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
If there was any blood, I would already be at Emergency. I'm feeling a little bit crampy today. I have made an appointment to see my doctor this evening. He may be useless, but hopefully he can reassure me or refer me to someone more competent.
If you are feeling Crampy it could be a bacterial infection. Nothing to
Worry about they will just give you a cream.
1  2 3  4  12  ... Last

Up