~The One Thread Grad Club~July - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
I'm Pregnant > ~The One Thread Grad Club~July
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 11:32 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMama2013 View Post
Hi mamas, Congrats to all of you on your pregnancies...hope everyone is doing well no matter what stage you're in! Look forward to "getting to know" you

Just wanted to drop in and say hello/introduce myself. I'm stepping over here from the TTC One board. Thrilled to get my BFP #2 on Friday at 8DPO. Today I am 11DPO, so this is still very early for me, but I am too excited to just sit on my news in my lonesome My EDD is the end of March (about a week from my DS's 2nd birthday) so I am thrilled to have two littles close in age

What's the difference between this board and the DDC? I didn't join a MDC until after my DS was born so this is my first rodeo on here. I'm guessing this is kind of an in-between from the TTC to the DDC groups...but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks!
Welcome!! Due date clubs are for discussions with others due in the same month. It's a forum with multiple threads and discussions going in. This is just a thread for all the people who were once on the TTC ONE thread to continue connecting after becoming pregnant. We all have different due dates. As you know you form relationships on The One thread so it's nice to keep connected!

nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 11:38 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
If you are feeling Crampy it could be a bacterial infection. Nothing to
Worry about they will just give you a cream.
Thanks for saying that. I think I will ask him to do a swab to check for infection, along with looking to make sure that my cervix is still closed and checking the heartbeat (for reassurance).
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 12:37 PM 07-14-2014
I used to get bacterial infections all the time. I would get Crampy every time.
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 07:13 AM 07-15-2014
The doctor wasn't worried because there was no blood and my cervix is closed. He said there was a lot of mucous and took swabs to check for infection. He found the heartbeat with the doppler and I definitely felt the baby move while we were listening.
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 07:16 AM 07-15-2014
Welcome, HappyMama2013! As others have said, this is just one thread with multiple due dates, whereas the DDCs have multiple threads of women due in the same month.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 07:38 AM 07-15-2014
@nsmomtobe glad everything is ok and you got peace of mind
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 08:04 AM 07-15-2014
I'm going into Day 3 of the Monistat and I'm dreading having to put some in tonight. OMG it burns like crazy and all I can do is squirm. Last night it lasted for an hour ( I did it when '24' started and it didn't stop until well after the show ended). Tonight will be Day 3. If the burning is still horribly bad, I'm calling the doc and requesting something different. I don't know if I can take 4 more days of my lady parts burning. I can say that I don't ache or itch once its all settled so I can make through the day and sleep very well at night. Then again, an hour of severe burning and itching versus 9 hours of pain, sleeplessness and itchiness? Hmmmmm....
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 08:35 AM 07-15-2014
I go to the doctor for my "happy pills" and "session" as a friend is currently referring to them. I don't know if hubby is still being resistant, but he's been more supportive. He talked with our reverend. His other momma is helping me starting today, and she isn't the happiest with him but what can you do? But hubby seems like he's trying to change what he's doing to make things right, and I'm trying to not break down constantly even though my control over it not there. Other than that, I've been cuddled with my dogs and cats and camping out on the couch. If I do much else, I get yelled at so it's not worth it.

Mo- the cream is going to burn no matter what type it is because that area of skin is not use to it, plus the location and lack of normal exposure like arms and legs. It's like getting soap or body wash down there not meant to be there. But it's worth the pain to get better!
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 03:43 PM 07-15-2014
Got my pills, I'm being open minded, and am going to work at overcoming things. And I got a bonus ultrasound because the doc thought it would help after I laid there crying for a bit. She's upside down, sleeping, and showing off her lady parts. Typical resemblance of her dad already!
Attached: 20weeks4days.jpg (21.3 KB) 
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 05:55 PM 07-15-2014
Sorry I have sucked at posting you guys.. I have been feeling like utter crap so my motivation has been low.
@nsmomtobe : glad to hear the baby is doing well and that you were able to feel it move.
@NaturallyMo : sorry to hear about your yeast infection. i haven't had one in a long time but i hated how the creams felt.
@badwolf092087 : Depression has to be so hard when pregnant. I've been feeling pretty down between all the stress of worrying about the baby, feeling like crap and being cooped up, and i'm sure a lot of hormones ha ha. i'm keeping an eye on it though because I definitely don't want it to get worse. I hope the medication helps you. Your baby is so dang cute.

Here is my little sour patch kid (haha):


Heartbeat= 165 and measuring perfectly at 7 week 6 days.

I had terrible diarrhea again all day today and got pretty dehydrated so this makes me happy. At least it's not for nothing.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 06:35 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
I'm going into Day 3 of the Monistat and I'm dreading having to put some in tonight. OMG it burns like crazy and all I can do is squirm. Last night it lasted for an hour ( I did it when '24' started and it didn't stop until well after the show ended). Tonight will be Day 3. If the burning is still horribly bad, I'm calling the doc and requesting something different. I don't know if I can take 4 more days of my lady parts burning. I can say that I don't ache or itch once its all settled so I can make through the day and sleep very well at night. Then again, an hour of severe burning and itching versus 9 hours of pain, sleeplessness and itchiness? Hmmmmm....
It should stop itching and burning soon. Usually the first couple days with the medicine is the worst.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 09:26 AM 07-16-2014
Day 4 of the Monistat. So last night (Day 3) burned like the devil but I toughed it out. I'm dreading tonight but I want this thing cleared up NOW! I'm tempted to just quit and go back to sticking yogurt up there LOL Anyway, we'll see how things go. My little one is still fluttering away in my belly so I'm at peace with that.

Would you believe I was in the middle of approving my staff's timesheets today and fell asleep for 15 minutes without realizing it? Seriously?! These babies are something else.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 11:47 AM 07-16-2014
I always get the three day one and if you look on the back it has the mgs as the 7 day one. Maybe a thought if you ever get one again.
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 11:55 AM 07-16-2014
I was always told to get the 6-7 day stuff because it was gentler. I assumed it was less concentrated and that's why it needed to be used longer.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 11:58 AM 07-16-2014
That's probably true bc it's the same amount of total mgs just spread out over 7 days. I just hate being on the meds for 7 days.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 12:01 PM 07-16-2014
Day 1 of antidepressants started. Two major side effects: nausea and tiredness. Already felt the nausea. It's like being 9 weeks pregnant again! Tiredness sort of, but this is sort of my nap time.

I've had 4 crying episodes today. Nothing provoked. Everyone who is around me daily is pretty much watching to see if the meds have an affect or not. Fx.
@NaturallyMo keep using the cream! The yogurt thing does not ease the problem well. My mom was a home remedy lady when she was alive, and that was the one she said to never try. You've made it 4 days. 3 more and you'll be good!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 12:03 PM 07-16-2014
Yea I agree, I know people who are totally natural and even they say don't stick yogurt up there. However eating yogurt and probiotics will help keep them away.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 12:05 PM 07-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
Day 1 of antidepressants started. Two major side effects: nausea and tiredness. Already felt the nausea. It's like being 9 weeks pregnant again! Tiredness sort of, but this is sort of my nap time.

I've had 4 crying episodes today. Nothing provoked. Everyone who is around me daily is pretty much watching to see if the meds have an affect or not. Fx.
@NaturallyMo keep using the cream! The yogurt thing does not ease the problem well. My mom was a home remedy lady when she was alive, and that was the one she said to never try. You've made it 4 days. 3 more and you'll be good!
I'm sorry the meds take time though, they won't work after one day.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 12:06 PM 07-16-2014
Indeed. Yogurt is great to eat, though I'm definitely boycotting Greek yogurt this pregnancy. The baby does not like it! Oh well.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 12:08 PM 07-16-2014
@apeydef I know they won't. But I'm suppose to track my behaviors in my pregnancy journal now, even though it's embarrassing. I go back in a week to check for side effects.
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 07:07 AM 07-17-2014
Last night's dosage burned once again but I only lasted for 20 mins. Sigh. I'm going to tough it out for ONE MORE night and then I may have to call it quits.

Despite sleeping well last night, I overslept this morning. DS was the one who actually woke me up and said it was time to get him dressed. Naturally I jumped out of bed like "Oh shoot!" so this morning was a scramble for me. Funny how that kind of stuff doesn't even shake kids. He climbed in bed with DH and started watching cartoons while I ran around the house like a mad woman. Needless to say, we were out of the door by 7 but I was an hour late for work

Honestly, I'm feeling spread thin and exhausted these days. I have crazy, drama filled staff members, my boss is out on maternity leave for two more weeks, my house is in shambles because I'm nesting and have family coming in town in two weeks, work demands are a bit much. My poor DH does what he can to help and I SO appreciate him for that but men don't worry about the stuff we women do. Sigh. I just need a few days away from work to get myself together.

Sorry for the vent!
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 08:06 AM 07-17-2014
@NaturallyMo will your job let you take a few days off before family gets in so you can do some tidying up and get yourself together? Or does your boss still being on leave not make that possible? Just breathe and take it one day at a time. It's not easy since we're homemakers (right word for this?), moms, and in the job world these days. Do what you can when you can.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 08:11 AM 07-17-2014
I spent two extra hours laying in my bed this morning because my pup Rose was laying on my belly feeling Madison move. It was the sweetest thing ever, but I had to pee! Haha. She's finally embracing the fact she won't be the baby anymore, I think.

Hubby is getting better!!! It took two major fights, me (almost) leaving to stay with his second mom, and noticing my personality changes for anything to click for him this week. I'd say that's really good progress for him. He's actually been talking about our daughter, calling her Maddy and talking to the belly again. There's still a ton to work on, primarily financially (I figured out he's been bad with the finances, ugh), so one day a time.

I'm helping my friend handle her bad divorce and the stupid custody situation the court has ordered temporairly. The guy is psycho and because what he did to her occurred in the next city over, the family relations judge isn't taking it into consideration "yet." Ugh. It's a long, messy situation. My husband and I helped her move last night. Okay, I sat there and was mental support and gave advice on packing. And today I get to help pick out furniture and what not. Yay. I'll hopefully be back on later to check on you ladies!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 08:55 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
Last night's dosage burned once again but I only lasted for 20 mins. Sigh. I'm going to tough it out for ONE MORE night and then I may have to call it quits.

Despite sleeping well last night, I overslept this morning. DS was the one who actually woke me up and said it was time to get him dressed. Naturally I jumped out of bed like "Oh shoot!" so this morning was a scramble for me. Funny how that kind of stuff doesn't even shake kids. He climbed in bed with DH and started watching cartoons while I ran around the house like a mad woman. Needless to say, we were out of the door by 7 but I was an hour late for work

Honestly, I'm feeling spread thin and exhausted these days. I have crazy, drama filled staff members, my boss is out on maternity leave for two more weeks, my house is in shambles because I'm nesting and have family coming in town in two weeks, work demands are a bit much. My poor DH does what he can to help and I SO appreciate him for that but men don't worry about the stuff we women do. Sigh. I just need a few days away from work to get myself together.

Sorry for the vent!
Good DS sticking to the schedule!!! Sorry about the rush. I hate the being late feeling. Annoying! Sounds like you needed sleep!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 09:01 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I spent two extra hours laying in my bed this morning because my pup Rose was laying on my belly feeling Madison move. It was the sweetest thing ever, but I had to pee! Haha. She's finally embracing the fact she won't be the baby anymore, I think.

Hubby is getting better!!! It took two major fights, me (almost) leaving to stay with his second mom, and noticing my personality changes for anything to click for him this week. I'd say that's really good progress for him. He's actually been talking about our daughter, calling her Maddy and talking to the belly again. There's still a ton to work on, primarily financially (I figured out he's been bad with the finances, ugh), so one day a time.

I'm helping my friend handle her bad divorce and the stupid custody situation the court has ordered temporairly. The guy is psycho and because what he did to her occurred in the next city over, the family relations judge isn't taking it into consideration "yet." Ugh. It's a long, messy situation. My husband and I helped her move last night. Okay, I sat there and was mental support and gave advice on packing. And today I get to help pick out furniture and what not. Yay. I'll hopefully be back on later to check on you ladies!
So great DH is being nice and it sounds like he is getting excited about Madison!

Your a good friend help your friend out!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 09:05 AM 07-17-2014
AFM: sitting here waiting to take this glucose test. I can't help but feel like this is the dumbest test ever. Starve pregnant ppl for hours, eat a super gross sugar drink and see how your body handles it. I should have opted out. It's not til 8:30 and lasts 2.5 hrs according to the lady and I've been up since 5 starving! Yes, I'm complaining about this one. It seems unnatural and makes me doubt my current care situation yet again (yes I know this is routine with many care providers), I just think it's stupid.
nsmomtobe's Avatar nsmomtobe 09:32 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
AFM: sitting here waiting to take this glucose test. I can't help but feel like this is the dumbest test ever. Starve pregnant ppl for hours, eat a super gross sugar drink and see how your body handles it. I should have opted out. It's not til 8:30 and lasts 2.5 hrs according to the lady and I've been up since 5 starving! Yes, I'm complaining about this one. It seems unnatural and makes me doubt my current care situation yet again (yes I know this is routine with many care providers), I just think it's stupid.
I have been contemplating whether I can get out of this one too. I know it is important to know whether you have GD, but this is just such an unnatural test. I cut out all processed crap from my diet a year ago and I am afraid that the drink is going to make me extra sick as a result. My family doctor said we could try other options (i.e., fasting and after a meal blood sugar), but since he is not my delivery doctor, he doesn't know whether the delivery doctor will accept that, so I really need to find and talk to my delivery doctor.

However, I just want to say that I was under the impression you can eat before the test, at least the first time. I would recommend something high in protein and fat but not carbs (i.e., eggs and cheese) before drinking the drink. I understand if you fail the first screen (which I believe I did last time) you do have to fast before taking the test again. So you must be taking the latter test?
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 01:28 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
I have been contemplating whether I can get out of this one too. I know it is important to know whether you have GD, but this is just such an unnatural test. I cut out all processed crap from my diet a year ago and I am afraid that the drink is going to make me extra sick as a result. My family doctor said we could try other options (i.e., fasting and after a meal blood sugar), but since he is not my delivery doctor, he doesn't know whether the delivery doctor will accept that, so I really need to find and talk to my delivery doctor.

However, I just want to say that I was under the impression you can eat before the test, at least the first time. I would recommend something high in protein and fat but not carbs (i.e., eggs and cheese) before drinking the drink. I understand if you fail the first screen (which I believe I did last time) you do have to fast before taking the test again. So you must be taking the latter test?

Ok so it was toooo bad. I think I was just bitchy hungry! This was a different kind of test. This one you fast, draw blood, drink glucose, draw blood in one hour, draw blood in two hours. If you pass you are good to go. If you fail they send you to a dietician. They said they catch more ppl doing this 2 hr process. Whatever. I'll find out tomorrow. I'm just really reluctant for anything like this bc is I "have" GD then they might start threatening that baby is too big to birth or an induction. Anywho...
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 02:11 PM 07-17-2014
I want to opt out of this test bc I don't want to pay for it lol and I've never had a problem before. I have a feeling my dr will pressure me though!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 02:45 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I want to opt out of this test bc I don't want to pay for it lol and I've never had a problem before. I have a feeling my dr will pressure me though!
My understanding is it can change for each pregnancy. That said I totally get ya! I didn't have a prob last time either. But I was attempting homebirth and they were very hands off. This time I'm still w midwives but with the Providence hospital setting. Much more pushy and standard process. I'd have passed on it if my insurance didn't cover, so I hear ya on that!
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up