Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

#91 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
My understanding is it can change for each pregnancy. That said I totally get ya! I didn't have a prob last time either. But I was attempting homebirth and they were very hands off. This time I'm still w midwives but with the Providence hospital setting. Much more pushy and standard process. I'd have passed on it if my insurance didn't cover, so I hear ya on that!
Well I guess I'll talk to her about it and get a feel for how she is going to react. If she makes a huge deal I'll just do it, as this is a small battle in comparison to other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I want to opt out of this test bc I don't want to pay for it lol and I've never had a problem before. I have a feeling my dr will pressure me though!
Are you in the US? If so the Affordable Care Act covers the glucose test for pregnant women.
#93 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post
Are you in the US? If so the Affordable Care Act covers the glucose test for pregnant women.
Yes is it considered preventative?
#94 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Yes is it considered preventative?
I'm not sure but it's specifically listed as covered:

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-womens-health-services.php
#95 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Ok it probably would be under preventative then. Thanks for the info!
#96 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Thanks for your concern and kind words today. I left work at lunchtime, picked up a sandwich, basically inhaled it and slept. I woke about 4 and asked my dad and brother to pick up DS from camp. My brother came over and babysat so I could sleep for another hour. My head was pounding so bad earlier but the sleep really really helped tremendously.

My dad cooked out on the grill tonight so we went over for that. I had two hots dogs and seasoned some brusselsprouts for my dad to grill for me (AMAZING!). Now I'm munching on some yogurt and trying to convince myself that I do not need to ask my husband to drive me to Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich at 10pm LOL

On a final note, did my 4th dosage of the Burnistat (aka Monistat). I didn't burn as bad, maybe 15 minutes, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Now I can work my class lesson plans for the fall before going to bed...if the I don't end up in the Wendy's drive thru LOL

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#97 of 378 Old 07-17-2014, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man they sounds yummy! Ok last time you posted about a whopper and I had to go out and get one and now this!! Lol
#98 of 378 Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
Thanks for your concern and kind words today. I left work at lunchtime, picked up a sandwich, basically inhaled it and slept. I woke about 4 and asked my dad and brother to pick up DS from camp. My brother came over and babysat so I could sleep for another hour. My head was pounding so bad earlier but the sleep really really helped tremendously.

My dad cooked out on the grill tonight so we went over for that. I had two hots dogs and seasoned some brusselsprouts for my dad to grill for me (AMAZING!). Now I'm munching on some yogurt and trying to convince myself that I do not need to ask my husband to drive me to Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich at 10pm LOL

On a final note, did my 4th dosage of the Burnistat (aka Monistat). I didn't burn as bad, maybe 15 minutes, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Now I can work my class lesson plans for the fall before going to bed...if the I don't end up in the Wendy's drive thru LOL
Girl!!! My SO is a manager of one of the Wendy's around here. I TOTALLY get the cravings for strange things from there! Luckily all I have to do is call him up and say, "Can you bring me this home," and I get it. I like getting the Asiago Ranch Club Sandwich with the spicy chicken instead of the grilled chicken. Or a frosty and fries so I can have my frosty fries. Yummy!

AFM, SOOOOOOO beyond nervous at the moment! 6 days and we find out the gender of the baby! I have a feeling it's a boy even though I would like a girl to even out the numbers as SO has 3 boys already and 1 girl. I'll be happy so long as baby is healthy though. Bah! Going back to sleep.. It's 4:24am right now for me. I keep going to bed at a normal time and wake up in the middle of the night... Not to pee but just because I wake up. It's really beginning to suck. Lol
#99 of 378 Old 07-18-2014, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hey ladies, I'm tentatively moving myself over here from the TTC one thread. I'm newly pregnant with my first (!!) due mid-March.
#100 of 378 Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
Girl!!! My SO is a manager of one of the Wendy's around here. I TOTALLY get the cravings for strange things from there! Luckily all I have to do is call him up and say, "Can you bring me this home," and I get it. I like getting the Asiago Ranch Club Sandwich with the spicy chicken instead of the grilled chicken. Or a frosty and fries so I can have my frosty fries. Yummy!

AFM, SOOOOOOO beyond nervous at the moment! 6 days and we find out the gender of the baby! I have a feeling it's a boy even though I would like a girl to even out the numbers as SO has 3 boys already and 1 girl. I'll be happy so long as baby is healthy though. Bah! Going back to sleep.. It's 4:24am right now for me. I keep going to bed at a normal time and wake up in the middle of the night... Not to pee but just because I wake up. It's really beginning to suck. Lol
Boys are great but c'mon baby girl!!!!!!
#101 of 378 Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
Hey ladies, I'm tentatively moving myself over here from the TTC one thread. I'm newly pregnant with my first (!!) due mid-March.

Welcome and congrats!!! Glad you are here!!!
#102 of 378 Old 07-18-2014, 12:55 PM

Welcome @perkier !

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

#103 of 378 Old 07-19-2014, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
Congratulations and welcome!
#104 of 378 Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Welcome @perkier

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#105 of 378 Old 07-19-2014, 09:30 AM

21 weeks today! I'm losing my mind because each day my bump just keeps stretching out more and more, but my belly button won't pop. I'm sure that sounds dumb, but first time around it had already done so by now and I'm totally uncomfortable there.

I get my "re-do" of the anatomy scan on Monday. Definitely not looking forward to that. And if they call her "the fetus" at all, I'm flipping out. I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can do personally to make sure she isn't "napping" and will move around like she does during early day ultrasounds. Any ideas anyone?

Sarah & DH Alan 

#106 of 378 Old 07-20-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
21 weeks today! I'm losing my mind because each day my bump just keeps stretching out more and more, but my belly button won't pop. I'm sure that sounds dumb, but first time around it had already done so by now and I'm totally uncomfortable there.

I get my "re-do" of the anatomy scan on Monday. Definitely not looking forward to that. And if they call her "the fetus" at all, I'm flipping out. I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can do personally to make sure she isn't "napping" and will move around like she does during early day ultrasounds. Any ideas anyone?
Funny about your belly button. Mine just got flat and stretched last time. No popping out.

As far as having her awake. Not sure. Mine seems to be moving 24/7. Maybe schedule appt for a time she's always active? The pushing with the wand thing at my u/s seemed to annoy my baby and it was moving like crazy. Good luck!
#107 of 378 Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 PM

@edubluv I'll take my belly button getting flat! I just need it to finish "pushing out" if that makes any sense? It's so sore!!!

And as for the ultrasound time, they have no flexibility at the hospital. This is the 2nd time for the 2nd trimester anatomy measurement scan, and it's putting all my other tests on delay. They have no morning openings because they need to do this in a specific time frame. They pushed the ultrasound wand on her several times last time, but she literally punched where they did that and rolled over. You could literally see her put her arms near her head. She's like her dad in every way. I'm beginning to think she only does this when I have the mandatory hospital scans, since she knows I hate the hospital.

I was contemplating drinking the 24 ounces of caffeine that I'm allowed a week literally before the appointment. But then I thought that might only affect me, and I'll need to pee like 30 times. A friend of mine said holding off on my afternoon meal would help since it seems Madison likes to sleep after that meal. Who knows?

AFM today... I got a Moses basket for $15 at a tag sale and I am very happy. I would've gotten more, but the woman wanted damn near retail for almost everything else. Made it pointless to buy used. Oh well. And I'm feeling A LOT better. And getting bigger. My foot is angry at me for pushing it too much, but I need to sooner rather then later.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#108 of 378 Old 07-21-2014, 06:55 AM

AFM: Passed my glucose test with flying colors!!! I thought for sure since I'm on the fatter side with a sweet tooth I would have had GD for sure but nope! I didn't have it last time either. Woohoo!
#109 of 378 Old 07-21-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
AFM: Passed my glucose test with flying colors!!! I thought for sure since I'm on the fatter side with a sweet tooth I would have had GD for sure but nope! I didn't have it last time either. Woohoo!
Grats on passing your GSR!

That's what a lot of people think. I was worried about that too before I looked up the info on it. It's not a matter of the person's size. It's a matter of how well and how fast the body metabolizes the sugars and breaks them down.
I thought I would be a greater risk because my dad was a type 1 diabetic but I've been fine so far with this pregnancy as well as with my son.
#110 of 378 Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 AM

18 weeks and counting. Geez time is flying by. Next Tuesday is my anatomy scan and hopefully we will find out the sex of the baby! Yay! I am DYING to know.

Felt lots of movement this weekend. My yeast infection is gone. Y'all, that thing was terrible! I don't wish that on my worst enemy. I've never felt itching like that before ever. Nonetheless, I am upping my yogurt intake and having a cup of cranberry juice a day, just to be on the safe side.

I'm feeling fine besides the achiness that comes with a stretching uterus and expanding body. DH is loving my body right now and I'm feeling more like . Other than that, things are moving right along. We're also in the midst of rearranging the house and moving DS into the bigger bedroom and changing his room into the nursery. When he saw that some of his stuff had moved, it wasn't a very happy camper.

#111 of 378 Old 07-22-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Grats on passing your GSR!

That's what a lot of people think. I was worried about that too before I looked up the info on it. It's not a matter of the person's size. It's a matter of how well and how fast the body metabolizes the sugars and breaks them down.
I thought I would be a greater risk because my dad was a type 1 diabetic but I've been fine so far with this pregnancy as well as with my son.
Thanks Maof! I'm glad my thinking was wrong!
#112 of 378 Old 07-22-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
18 weeks and counting. Geez time is flying by. Next Tuesday is my anatomy scan and hopefully we will find out the sex of the baby! Yay! I am DYING to know.

Felt lots of movement this weekend. My yeast infection is gone. Y'all, that thing was terrible! I don't wish that on my worst enemy. I've never felt itching like that before ever. Nonetheless, I am upping my yogurt intake and having a cup of cranberry juice a day, just to be on the safe side.

I'm feeling fine besides the achiness that comes with a stretching uterus and expanding body. DH is loving my body right now and I'm feeling more like . Other than that, things are moving right along. We're also in the midst of rearranging the house and moving DS into the bigger bedroom and changing his room into the nursery. When he saw that some of his stuff had moved, it wasn't a very happy camper.
Getting close to knowing baby's sex! So exciting! Glad your issue went away. Sounded shitty! My friend got the PUPP rash. Look it up if you don't know what it is, it looks pretty annoying! Hoping I don't get that!

I bet your son will be ok soon! Big changes can be hard! My DS is probably going to give me a hard time too!
#113 of 378 Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM

Ahhh!!! Tomorrow's the day! Tomorrow is the day we have my ultrasound to find out the sex of baby! So nervous!
#114 of 378 Old 07-23-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Ahhh!!! Tomorrow's the day! Tomorrow is the day we have my ultrasound to find out the sex of baby! So nervous!
Exciting! Can't wait to hear!
#115 of 378 Old 07-24-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Exciting! Can't wait to hear!
We have a boy! This means me and LG (so's dd will be the only girls)! Hahaha! Robert Sage is measuring an average of 4 days ahead but his head is measuring an entire WEEK ahead!
#116 of 378 Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
We have a boy! This means me and LG (so's dd will be the only girls)! Hahaha! Robert Sage is measuring an average of 4 days ahead but his head is measuring an entire WEEK ahead!
Congrats! I'm quote fond of my boy! In fact girls seem frightening! Lol. So that probably means I'll have a girl! Haha! Love the name! Enjoy sharing the news! He's growing strong!
#117 of 378 Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM

Congrats @maof1 !

#118 of 378 Old 07-24-2014, 12:20 PM

Hi all! I'm feeling ok. Yesterday I took a mental and physical health day aka called out. I needed a day to rest and that's exactly what I did. I slept in, dropped DS at camp and went back home to lie on the couch all day and nap. It was just what I needed. Other than that, everything is fine. Can't wait until next Tuesday when we find out the sex. I so hope this baby cooperates.

#119 of 378 Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 AM

Congrats @maof1 !

@NaturallyMo good luck next week!

AFM I'm in nesting mode. Plotting nursery layout, colors, furniture, and I slightly helped plan my shower since I was allowed to. They gotta compromise with me sometimes, and they did for once lol. One of my favorite ladies at church passed away on Sunday, and we have her funeral to go to today. She was an amazing woman, and I hope her presence is able to live on in the church. She did so much and organized many events for the church. When I'm able to, I might try my best to continue her good deeds.

Anyone (a whole 4 people) who know about my meds, said I'm doing so much better. It's good to hear I'm making progress.

Oh and I have POPPED! My stomach is so big it gets in the way of my galley kitchen. Oops. Stupid temp kitchen.

That's all for now. I'll tty all later!
#120 of 378 Old 07-25-2014, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies! I've been on vacation. Haven't read through yet but just wanted to pop in and say...... it's a boy!!! The baby's measuring 12 days ahead. Another big baby for me! I'll try and catch up soon

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page