~The One Thread Grad Club~July - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#151 of 342 Old 08-04-2014, 09:48 AM
 
tinytina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I am so sorry @jenjy !

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
tinytina is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#152 of 342 Old 08-05-2014, 06:51 AM
 
jenjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Thank you so much! All your kind words of support have meant a great deal to me. Thank you.

(PS tinytina -- good luck -- I know your IUI was recently and I hope this is it for you)
tinytina and badwolf092087 like this.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
jenjy is offline  
#153 of 342 Old 08-05-2014, 07:29 AM
 
tinytina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Thanks @jenjy ! Hopefully I can join you all really soon.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
tinytina is offline  
#154 of 342 Old 08-05-2014, 08:18 AM
 
maof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Hello, mamas. I am sorry to bring sad news to the grad thread. I had my 12 weeks appointment and the midwife could not find the heartbeat with doppler. I kept my hopes up (tried to anyway) until the ultrasound but the ultrasound showed that baby stopped developing at 9 weeks -- just one week after my 8 week ultrasound had shown the little bean with a perfect size and good strong heart beat. My 12 week appt was Wednesday, so I have had a few days to process since then. It was devastating but I am slowly accepting it. I stopped the progesterone and will hopefully miscarry naturally at home. I found it too hard to post about until now, but I wanted to let you all know. Best wishes to all of you and thank you so much for all your support on this journey. Hugs all. -Jen
Jen I am so sorry. Praying for you. I truly am at a loss for what to say. It sucks. It sucks that we all know the pain you are going through and it really sucks that you are going through this again. Please know that all of us here are praying for you and sending love and hugs your way.
maof1 is offline  
#155 of 342 Old 08-05-2014, 08:54 PM
 
jenjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers so much -- thank you again.

I hope to peek in soon and see good updates on how you all are doing.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
jenjy is offline  
#156 of 342 Old 08-06-2014, 05:57 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
@jenjy I know you'll be back soon. I'll miss in you the meantime. <3

AFM I'm having boob conscious issues. Back story: every female in my family gets theirs reduced at 16ish because of how big they get in our family line, and the struggle it is on our backs. I was a size 8, soccer and hockey player, pretty much getting smacked in the face if I don't bandage them tightly against me. Like everyone else, I got mine reduced summer before sophomore year. First pregnancy, they got bigger but not so much. I just went through a drastic weightless prior to pregnancy. This time around, they're about to be past double d, and my back is on fire. My hubby thinks they're 'fun' and he 'loves' them. I don't. I know they're temporary, but the fact that he doesn't realize this is getting on my nerves. I'm like two weeks away from where I was at in high school, and I'm not ready for that again. And using bras without underwire doesn't help position them, or keep them from hitting me or getting in the way.

Anyone have any advice? I'm going to ask the female OB at the practice today since I "have" to see her to follow up about my incident. (Turns out I needed stronger glasses. Go figure.) It's hard bringing up superficial things to her. Shrug.
badwolf092087 is online now  
#157 of 342 Old 08-07-2014, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
@jenjy I know you'll be back soon. I'll miss in you the meantime. <3

AFM I'm having boob conscious issues. Back story: every female in my family gets theirs reduced at 16ish because of how big they get in our family line, and the struggle it is on our backs. I was a size 8, soccer and hockey player, pretty much getting smacked in the face if I don't bandage them tightly against me. Like everyone else, I got mine reduced summer before sophomore year. First pregnancy, they got bigger but not so much. I just went through a drastic weightless prior to pregnancy. This time around, they're about to be past double d, and my back is on fire. My hubby thinks they're 'fun' and he 'loves' them. I don't. I know they're temporary, but the fact that he doesn't realize this is getting on my nerves. I'm like two weeks away from where I was at in high school, and I'm not ready for that again. And using bras without underwire doesn't help position them, or keep them from hitting me or getting in the way.

Anyone have any advice? I'm going to ask the female OB at the practice today since I "have" to see her to follow up about my incident. (Turns out I needed stronger glasses. Go figure.) It's hard bringing up superficial things to her. Shrug.
Sometimes after you're done breastfeeding they "deflate" lol. I know a couple people who this has happened to. So maybe you will get lucky and they will shrink :/
apeydef is online now  
#158 of 342 Old 08-07-2014, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
@jenjy I know you'll be back soon. I'll miss in you the meantime. <3

AFM I'm having boob conscious issues. Back story: every female in my family gets theirs reduced at 16ish because of how big they get in our family line, and the struggle it is on our backs. I was a size 8, soccer and hockey player, pretty much getting smacked in the face if I don't bandage them tightly against me. Like everyone else, I got mine reduced summer before sophomore year. First pregnancy, they got bigger but not so much. I just went through a drastic weightless prior to pregnancy. This time around, they're about to be past double d, and my back is on fire. My hubby thinks they're 'fun' and he 'loves' them. I don't. I know they're temporary, but the fact that he doesn't realize this is getting on my nerves. I'm like two weeks away from where I was at in high school, and I'm not ready for that again. And using bras without underwire doesn't help position them, or keep them from hitting me or getting in the way.

Anyone have any advice? I'm going to ask the female OB at the practice today since I "have" to see her to follow up about my incident. (Turns out I needed stronger glasses. Go figure.) It's hard bringing up superficial things to her. Shrug.
Also your eyes get worse while pregnant but can go back to they way they were before pregnancy. I was told by an eye dr that he didn't suggest checking pregnant women's eyes until 6 months pp. so just be prepared that after the baby comes your prescription could change again.
apeydef is online now  
#159 of 342 Old 08-07-2014, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

Here's my 20 week belly pic. Although I'm 21 weeks now I had a dr. Appt Monday all was good! I think after my next appt. in a month l start going every two weeks. It's getting so close ladies!!!
badwolf092087 likes this.
apeydef is online now  
#160 of 342 Old 08-07-2014, 06:39 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Also your eyes get worse while pregnant but can go back to they way they were before pregnancy. I was told by an eye dr that he didn't suggest checking pregnant women's eyes until 6 months pp. so just be prepared that after the baby comes your prescription could change again.
The stigmatism in my left eye has gotten worse. I've had it all my life, and it's hereditary. Prior to pregnancy, my glasses broke in half and I was waiting on new insurance to get a new pair. My Grams had to have cataract surgery because she neglected her problem. :/ I have to go back every 6 months, so they'll be monitoring it.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#161 of 342 Old 08-07-2014, 06:56 AM
 
NaturallyMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I am absolutely exhausted today. DS woke up at 4:30am crying, coughing and wheezing so I had to a breathing treatment with him and pretty much just stayed up. The woes of mom with an asthmatic child. I bearly made it into the office awake and have tried to take a 30 min nap but to no avail. I want my bed and I want 8 hours of solid sleep. I am over my son and his wild sleeping. I am going to sleep on the air mattress in the nursery tonight. I can't deal with him and all his kicking, tossing and turning. Why is my kid such a wild sleeper?

I'm a bit cranky due to lack of sleep so I'm going to head to my car and nap there for a few.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014


I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
NaturallyMo is offline  
#162 of 342 Old 08-08-2014, 06:00 AM
 
NaturallyMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Talk about a great night of sleep! I finally got DS to sleep through the night last night with no wheezing or coughing issues. I was even able to get him to stay in his bed all night by sleeping in his room on an air mattress. Y'all, that was probably the best night of sleep I've had in DAYS! I'm sure DH was happy to have an entire bed to himself when he got in last night too. Either way, I'm well-rested today and ready to get through work and get out here a little early today.

As for my weekend plans, I'm hosting a "sprinkle" for my girlfriend on Saturday and I'm supposed to be doing a hospital tour on Sunday but I'll reschedule that so I can lounge around.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014


I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
NaturallyMo is offline  
#163 of 342 Old 08-08-2014, 06:16 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Okay, I gained around 10 lbs in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, which I thought was pretty good, but my doctor lectured me that it was too much. Whatever. He sent the referral and I will be seeing a new doctor from now on. But he said I should expect to gain about a pound/week from 20 weeks on. I am 21 weeks now and I have actually gained 5 lbs in the past week! Is that even possible? Should I be worried?

Mo, yay for the good night of sleep!

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is offline  
#164 of 342 Old 08-08-2014, 06:49 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
@nsmomtobe if it makes you feel any better, because of being on bed rest and having muscle turn to "fat," I've gained 35lbs. And I was only suppose to gain 40lbs total the ENTIRE pregnancy, averaging 1lb a week. Thankfully my doctors are not worried and know I'll work it off quickly once my foot is back to normal. I'm so glad to hear you plan on seeing a different doctor. I would, as well.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#165 of 342 Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
Okay, I gained around 10 lbs in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, which I thought was pretty good, but my doctor lectured me that it was too much. Whatever. He sent the referral and I will be seeing a new doctor from now on. But he said I should expect to gain about a pound/week from 20 weeks on. I am 21 weeks now and I have actually gained 5 lbs in the past week! Is that even possible? Should I be worried?

Mo, yay for the good night of sleep!
Well I'm not sure why they lectured you?! The recommendations are 0-5lbs in the first trimester and about 1 lb per week after that! So you are in track. Minus the 5 lbs In the last week. Drink lots of water, it's possible you are just retaining water and need to flush out.
apeydef is online now  
#166 of 342 Old 08-08-2014, 11:19 AM
 
nsmomtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
He said "up to 5 lbs in the first 20 weeks and then 1 lb/week after that" so he was using 20 weeks rather than the first trimester as his cut-off and he said I gained 5 lbs more than I should have. I remember arguing with him about this when I was pregnant with my son too, and I gained 15 lbs in the first trimester (I think). I knew I had gained too much but we disagreed about how much too much I had gained. Not that it mattered, since there was nothing that could be done at that point. I had a lot of fluid retention after I broke my ankle--it was swollen to several times the size of a regular leg, and my other ankle was swollen too, but not as much. But overall, I only gained 40 lbs total with the pregnancy. With this pregnancy, my weight gain was much less (until recently) but I started out 10 lbs heavier. I have been drinking a lot of water. I'm craving very cold ice water. I am hoping the excess weight gain is just a fluke and will even out.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
nsmomtobe is offline  
#167 of 342 Old 08-08-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Is he old and maybe not up with current stuff? My Drs never say anything about weight gain.
apeydef is online now  
#168 of 342 Old 08-10-2014, 05:53 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Is it strange that I feel sort of like a black sheep in my primary due date club? And sometimes attacked? Or is my level of feeling offended just increasing because of extreme hormone changes? I overthink sometimes.

Hope everyone is doing well. 24 week mark hit yesterday, went to a Yankees game with our pastor, had a great day. Other than that, been laying low and grilling with my hubby when he's home. And working on the nursery, and finding baby items! There were items I wanted to use for Maddy that are Connor's but I can't do it. Too much mental and emotional stress. Ah well. But I'm trying!
dmariev likes this.
badwolf092087 is online now  
#169 of 342 Old 08-10-2014, 11:10 PM
 
dmariev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey ladies. I've been lurking, sending you all good, happy baby vibes. Sorry if I don't reply much, but I promise I'm following along and thinking lots of happy thoughts for you!
badwolf092087 likes this.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
dmariev is online now  
#170 of 342 Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
Is it strange that I feel sort of like a black sheep in my primary due date club? And sometimes attacked? Or is my level of feeling offended just increasing because of extreme hormone changes? I overthink sometimes.

Hope everyone is doing well. 24 week mark hit yesterday, went to a Yankees game with our pastor, had a great day. Other than that, been laying low and grilling with my hubby when he's home. And working on the nursery, and finding baby items! There were items I wanted to use for Maddy that are Connor's but I can't do it. Too much mental and emotional stress. Ah well. But I'm trying!
But I'm in your due date club and I got your back girl!!
badwolf092087 likes this.
apeydef is online now  
#171 of 342 Old 08-11-2014, 05:45 AM
 
alittlemischief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: never far from home
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Firstly- I just have to give a hug to @jenjy . I'm so sorry your sweet babe wasn't here to stay this time, I can't imagine the hurt you are going through. I wish you peace and time to process things- and I hope life is gentle for you so that you have the head space. I'm sure there will be a rainbow at the end.

I'm tentatively stepping in, its nice to be subbing to a thread full of familiar names. I bet it seems like a lifetime ago for you all- I'm going to read through the thread when I get time later to get up to speed. I'm just a little bit pregnant (5w6d) and due in April.
badwolf092087 likes this.
alittlemischief is offline  
#172 of 342 Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 AM
 
Harmony96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lash-tastic Texas
Posts: 3,148
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I dreamed about teeth last night. In the dream, one of my teeth on the side of my mouth was sort of chipping away, and I kept picking at it while I waited for an appointment to have someone look at it. Little crumbs would just come off from me scraping at it with my fingernail. Then all of a sudden, the whole tooth came out, and then the rest of my top teeth and the back row of my bottom teeth (back row? What am I, a shark?) came out as well, all stuck together in one long string like a necklace. I hurried to make an emergency appointment and asked if my teeth could be saved. They could not, but the care provider (which was the second care provider in my dream that I spoke to... the fist one had too thick of an accent and I couldn't understand him) was excited to show me what false teeth looked like now, and that there were decals I could put on them to customize the look. She took me to Walgreens where there was a display of tooth decals, with images like flowers and patterns (think Jamberry), nothing very tooth-like at all. I was very happy to wake up and find all my teeth still in my mouth.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Harmony96 is online now  
#173 of 342 Old 08-11-2014, 09:24 AM
 
maof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Haven't been on lately. Sorry. Been running like a chicken with my head cut off. Haha! But here is a picture of my 20 week belly. I can't really do a side one because I'm a big girl anyways and can't really tell I'm pregnant from the side or front only the top. Haha. Oh well. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (180.9 KB, 8 views)
badwolf092087 likes this.
maof1 is offline  
#174 of 342 Old 08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
 
jenjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post
Firstly- I just have to give a hug to @jenjy . I'm so sorry your sweet babe wasn't here to stay this time, I can't imagine the hurt you are going through. I wish you peace and time to process things- and I hope life is gentle for you so that you have the head space. I'm sure there will be a rainbow at the end.

I'm tentatively stepping in, its nice to be subbing to a thread full of familiar names. I bet it seems like a lifetime ago for you all- I'm going to read through the thread when I get time later to get up to speed. I'm just a little bit pregnant (5w6d) and due in April.
alittlemischief, thank you so much. I am gradually feeling better each day. And I'm very happy to see you here. Hoping for a sticky wonderful 9 months for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I dreamed about teeth last night.
Yikes, Harmony! But I had to laugh at your shark comment! I think teeth dreams are super common and mean something, but I cannot remember what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
But here is a picture of my 20 week belly.
Cute!!

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
jenjy is offline  
#175 of 342 Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 PM
 
jenjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
There were items I wanted to use for Maddy that are Connor's but I can't do it. Too much mental and emotional stress. Ah well. But I'm trying!
Hugs, badwolf. Is it OK to set a few things of Connor's aside and just say you need new versions of those to use for Madison? That seems reasonable to me...

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
jenjy is offline  
#176 of 342 Old 08-12-2014, 07:16 AM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Hugs, badwolf. Is it OK to set a few things of Connor's aside and just say you need new versions of those to use for Madison? That seems reasonable to me...
Hubby understands that. There are some people in our life who do not, but they are emotionless robots IMO.

I'm having medication issues again! My alarm goes off, I go and eat as I am suppose to, and forget to take them! Or I end up remembering to take them super late and feel sick after that. And I'm having days where I completely forget, and the chart hubby made isn't helping. Argh, at least it isn't completely messing up my moods but it is messing up my sleep.

We had a BBQ last night, and our grouchy old neighbor called the fire department. He lied and said we had a fire close to the house. (We have a permit approved fire pit in our backyard). There were 4 fire trucks at our house along with an ambulance, and two cop cars. They put the fire pit out because they were already here and it was close to "curfew" anyway. But they could have been where they were actually needed! There was a house fire in the next town over, and this idiot neighbor caused them to not be on scene. Btw, we are a house full of volunteer firefighters, so that made them even angrier at our neighbor. Instead of giving us the ticket with the $175 fine, they gave it to him.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#177 of 342 Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
Hubby understands that. There are some people in our life who do not, but they are emotionless robots IMO.

I'm having medication issues again! My alarm goes off, I go and eat as I am suppose to, and forget to take them! Or I end up remembering to take them super late and feel sick after that. And I'm having days where I completely forget, and the chart hubby made isn't helping. Argh, at least it isn't completely messing up my moods but it is messing up my sleep.

We had a BBQ last night, and our grouchy old neighbor called the fire department. He lied and said we had a fire close to the house. (We have a permit approved fire pit in our backyard). There were 4 fire trucks at our house along with an ambulance, and two cop cars. They put the fire pit out because they were already here and it was close to "curfew" anyway. But they could have been where they were actually needed! There was a house fire in the next town over, and this idiot neighbor caused them to not be on scene. Btw, we are a house full of volunteer firefighters, so that made them even angrier at our neighbor. Instead of giving us the ticket with the $175 fine, they gave it to him.
I was going to say funny considering your hubby is a firefighter! I have a neighbor like that. I stay on his good side to avoid drama but he's always calling the cops on people.
apeydef is online now  
#178 of 342 Old 08-12-2014, 12:55 PM
 
badwolf092087's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I was going to say funny considering your hubby is a firefighter! I have a neighbor like that. I stay on his good side to avoid drama but he's always calling the cops on people.
At this point, you'd think dispatch in our city would realize he is crying wolf. But just in case something is actually wrong, they still have to send someone out. This is our 5th BBQ of the season, and we tell our neighbors ahead of time. Our other close neighbors have had the cops called on them by this guy as well. So annoying. He actually made a complaint about our dogs before because they were loud and barking. That one got ended quickly, because I do work with our local shelter. When an animal complaint is made, they need to send someone from the shelter along with just in case they need to take an animal. I'm there when the call comes in, and I start laughing. The person in charge at the time called the supervisor for the police on duty and pretty much told them to ignore the call. This guy calls about ALL of the neighbors animals. He's happy with no one.

Sarah & DH Alan 
 
Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

badwolf092087 is online now  
#179 of 342 Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 PM
 
maof1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
At this point, you'd think dispatch in our city would realize he is crying wolf. But just in case something is actually wrong, they still have to send someone out. This is our 5th BBQ of the season, and we tell our neighbors ahead of time. Our other close neighbors have had the cops called on them by this guy as well. So annoying. He actually made a complaint about our dogs before because they were loud and barking. That one got ended quickly, because I do work with our local shelter. When an animal complaint is made, they need to send someone from the shelter along with just in case they need to take an animal. I'm there when the call comes in, and I start laughing. The person in charge at the time called the supervisor for the police on duty and pretty much told them to ignore the call. This guy calls about ALL of the neighbors animals. He's happy with no one.
Sounds like this neighbor of yours is the neighbor from hell! Ugh. Glad we live in the country (i.e. Boonies) lol!
AFM, I'm currently wishing that I didn't have an anterior placenta... 😒 Makes it really hard to feel Sage move and kick. Kinda depressing because I want to feel him so bad.
maof1 is offline  
#180 of 342 Old 08-13-2014, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
apeydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I have an anterior placenta too. I just started feeling some strong kicks this week at 22 weeks.
apeydef is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off