~The One Thread Grad Club~July - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
I'm Pregnant > ~The One Thread Grad Club~July
Kita4's Avatar Kita4 07:55 AM 08-14-2014
Hi all,

Wanted to drop in and say we are having a BOY! Name: Dallas Mitchell, or Scotland Mitchell... haven't decided yet. But we have some time .

alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 08:04 AM 08-14-2014
Congrats Kita, that is awesome! Glad to hear you and baby are doing well.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 08:55 AM 08-14-2014
After deciding we would hold off on moving into our forever home after Maddy was born, we just found out my godfather bought it for us and we can start moving in yesterday. No more legal issues, credit issues, lawyers, banks, yada yada yada. Today and tomorrow I'm working on packing. This weekend, I'm going to go start cleaning rooms out (I'm an OCD freak) and painting! I'm super excited! The room for Maddy is almost 3x the size the one she would have here would be. And I get an office again. I haven't had an office in a while. My current home has my dining room, office, and art studio all in one room. That Love It or List It show would have a field day with this house. There's a huge yard, tons of closet space, and so many things I have been missing. Plus, it's on an acre of land. His mom isn't too happy, but this is life. We have a family and our own life, and it's time for us to make these other big changes that we haven't been able to. My godfather will be living in the in-law suite, but I'm quite alright with that. I'll be able to watch over him during his health treatments and he'll get to see Maddy all the time. Plus, I'll get to start fostering and training pups again! Time to get back to packing up and what not.
maof1's Avatar maof1 08:59 AM 08-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I have an anterior placenta too. I just started feeling some strong kicks this week at 22 weeks.
I'll be 22 weeks on Sunday. Lol!
Kita4's Avatar Kita4 10:20 AM 08-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
After deciding we would hold off on moving into our forever home after Maddy was born, we just found out my godfather bought it for us and we can start moving in yesterday. No more legal issues, credit issues, lawyers, banks, yada yada yada. Today and tomorrow I'm working on packing. This weekend, I'm going to go start cleaning rooms out (I'm an OCD freak) and painting! I'm super excited! The room for Maddy is almost 3x the size the one she would have here would be. And I get an office again. I haven't had an office in a while. My current home has my dining room, office, and art studio all in one room. That Love It or List It show would have a field day with this house. There's a huge yard, tons of closet space, and so many things I have been missing. Plus, it's on an acre of land. His mom isn't too happy, but this is life. We have a family and our own life, and it's time for us to make these other big changes that we haven't been able to. My godfather will be living in the in-law suite, but I'm quite alright with that. I'll be able to watch over him during his health treatments and he'll get to see Maddy all the time. Plus, I'll get to start fostering and training pups again! Time to get back to packing up and what not.
That sounds so nice badwolf glad you got the dream house
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 01:06 PM 08-14-2014
@Kita4 and @alivewithyou I wondered where you two have been! Congratulations Kita. Alive how are you?
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 01:07 PM 08-14-2014
Quote:
How wonderful! What a blessing!
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 01:14 PM 08-14-2014
Quote:
@Kita4 and @alivewithyou I wondered where you two have been! Congratulations Kita. Alive how are you?
I've been following along just been feeling pretty sick and exhausted and waiting for the first trimester to end. We had our 12 week appointment on Tuesday and baby's heartbeat was great (160) so we are going to take some announcement pictures this weekend and finally go public.

My nausea is easing but I've been pretty tired and not sleeping too great. Oh, and I'm starving. Finally have a little bump ha ha.
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 02:13 PM 08-14-2014
Hey everyone! Been MIA due to phone issues and a mini vacation! I've read and caught up on everyone!

@kita yay baby boy!

@BadWolf yay on the new house!

@alivewithyou sorry so sick!

AFM: my babe doesn't ever seem to stop moving, which is good! Just hope it actually sleeps. Boy name picked out, girl name having a really hard time with although we have options. Really getting uncomfortable. Heard the heartbeat on Tues and it's great! Had the VBAC discussion with the dr and I'm confident it will go better this time. My 2.5 yo is officially sleeping in his own room so now we are rdy for this new one to sleep in our bed! 31w5d!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 02:20 PM 08-14-2014
Here is my 31 week picture!
Attached: image.jpg (124.9 KB) 
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 07:03 PM 08-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
Here is my 31 week picture!
Crazy how fast it's going! I can't believe your 31 weeks. I can't believe I'm 22 weeks already!!
Harmony96's Avatar Harmony96 08:16 PM 08-14-2014
Badwolf, I'm so excited for your move!

Kita, congrats on the boy!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 10:19 PM 08-14-2014
Quote:
Crazy how fast it's going! I can't believe your 31 weeks. I can't believe I'm 22 weeks already!!
It's crazy for sure. Starting to really feel pregnant and slightly miserable. I can't start the countdown this early! Bah! I'm ready to be done and my luck I'll be late! All for a worthy cause of course!
WifeofAnt's Avatar WifeofAnt 09:25 AM 08-15-2014
I'm going to have to go back and read the whole thread but I just wanted to say hi to anyone that remembers me. I'm 30 weeks now! Everything is great, we're having another boy. He already keeps me up half the night with his kicking.
WifeofAnt's Avatar WifeofAnt 10:19 AM 08-15-2014
@badwolf092087 , hoping I'm tagging right. Anyway, the other week I came across an article about how magnesium deficiency may be the cause of depression for a lot of people. Something like 75% of people are below the RDA for magnesium (it is 360 mg during pregnancy). It has been taken out of our water and land farmed over and over again isn't getting the magnesium put back (I'm in a gardening group that found even some plants grow much better with some epsom salt in their water). I've had on and off depression since I was 14 and had to start taking magnesium for muscle cramps this pregnancy (my midwife recommended it and wow did it work, as long as I remembered to take it). I've had a few low moments but even being super triggered I feel like I didn't dip as low as I used to and I recovered much quicker. It is either a really good placebo or my ultimate chill pill, lol. If you want to find out if you're deficient, the RBC Magnesium test is supposed to be the most accurate.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 01:55 PM 08-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
I'm going to have to go back and read the whole thread but I just wanted to say hi to anyone that remembers me. I'm 30 weeks now! Everything is great, we're having another boy. He already keeps me up half the night with his kicking.
Hey! Good to hear from you! Glad everything is good. I'm having a boy as well! Like you I got pregnant right after being thread leader so I think that's the trick
maof1's Avatar maof1 09:38 PM 08-15-2014
Men!! Ugh! Right now I just want to curl up alone in bed and cry myself to sleep.
Really not digging this emotional roller coaster.
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 08:28 AM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
Hello there! Glad all is going well! Yay baby boy!!!
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 08:31 AM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
Men!! Ugh! Right now I just want to curl up alone in bed and cry myself to sleep.
Ugh. I'm sorry. It's not fun. I'm personally sick of explaining and justifying my feelings to ppl. Take care of yourself.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 02:38 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
I know how you feel, and to put it quite simply, it sucks. Sometimes a good cry helps, though.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 02:43 PM 08-16-2014
During all of the moving madness, I forgot to mention I rescued two 10 week old kittens last Saturday. The woman listed them on craigslist with a "rehoming fee" which is a big no no in our state. Only authorized breeders are allowed to charge for animals. You technically can't ask for a reimbursement for shots and neutering, either. Rescues are allowed to ask for a donation that covers discount shots and neutering, yada yada. Anyway, the woman said if someone didn't take them, she was putting them in a box outside. So we drove to the lovely location she told us (and by lovely, I mean one of the cities that brings CT's value down drastically), and I received the two girls. Since then, she's had the nerve to message me asking for updates. Uh, nope. I attached a photo. White paws is Sasha, all black is Moxie.
Attached: kitties.jpg (51.8 KB) 
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 06:45 PM 08-16-2014
So do you look for a home for them now that you rescued them from the bad environment they were in? They are cute!
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 06:56 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
So do you look for a home for them now that you rescued them from the bad environment they were in? They are cute!
They're staying with us permanently. My husband (who said we HAD to find them a home) has fallen head over heals for them. Our oldest cat and oldest dog both think they're their babies. Keep in mind, both elders are male. And I've slowly fallen for them. I'll fall asleep and wake up with them sleeping on my chest or grooming me. My heart is wayyyyy too big.
WifeofAnt's Avatar WifeofAnt 11:15 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Hey! Good to hear from you! Glad everything is good. I'm having a boy as well! Like you I got pregnant right after being thread leader so I think that's the trick
I don't remember which months I was thread leader off the top of my head but I conceived at the end of January. That was probably my second month.
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 01:30 PM 08-17-2014
Quote:
They're staying with us permanently. My husband (who said we HAD to find them a home) has fallen head over heals for them. Our oldest cat and oldest dog both think they're their babies. Keep in mind, both elders are male. And I've slowly fallen for them. I'll fall asleep and wake up with them sleeping on my chest or grooming me. My heart is wayyyyy too big.
Oh wow! Yea, you do have a big heart! My one lil 10 yo pug dog is just about too much work for me! Ha! Well that plus housework, being a teacher and having a two year old! Lucky kitties they are!
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 05:18 PM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Oh wow! Yea, you do have a big heart! My one lil 10 yo pug dog is just about too much work for me! Ha! Well that plus housework, being a teacher and having a two year old! Lucky kitties they are!
I've always been in houses full of animals, so 10 cats and 2 dogs is nothing. There will be a 3rd dog once Maddy hits 8-10 weeks old. We're going to get her a pup to literally grow up with. She'll end up like us, most likely. Growing up, there was pretty much every animal possible either in my house or on one of the family farms. And on one of my uncle's properties, swans. Our younger pup is having sharing space issues at the moment, but that's normal for this age. Vet told us to give her a couple of months and she will snap back to normal.
Kita4's Avatar Kita4 07:23 PM 08-17-2014
Hopefully you will get some relief soon @alivewithyou ! Glad to hear everything is going well with your little peanut! Please keep updating !
I started to feel lots better around 15 weeks.... ?

Surprisingly, I haven't been emotional while carrying this child (so far). We'll see how I feel in a few months .
@badwolf092087 -those kitties are cute. I would like a cat, but my Malamute would try and eat her I'm afraid . Also, I tend to be allergic.... bummer.
Harmony96's Avatar Harmony96 09:03 PM 08-17-2014
Sarah, how much experience do you have with chickens? If you have any, could I maybe pick your brain early next year when we try to get some? Or if you have any helpful info or advice, that would be appreciated, too.
badwolf092087's Avatar badwolf092087 03:27 PM 08-18-2014
The last time I handled chickens, I was in middle school. I was better with the bigger animals. I always forgot to lock their coups.
edubluv's Avatar edubluv 06:32 PM 08-19-2014
Feeling yucky and frumpy lately. Just got my hair cut today and it feels AMAZING!!! I think I'm gonna get a mani/pedi tomorrow bc I feel like it!
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up