~The One Thread Grad Club~July - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

#211 of 339 Old 08-20-2014, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Had my GD test yesterday. I'm clear! But my iron sucks so I need to take supplements again. My finger refused to clot from the prick test for nearly 30 min. I filled two gauze pads. No more prenatals for a while. They're causing me to puke up stomach acid. Seems I'm getting too much of something from them, and my body is getting rid of it.

We are registered for the October 18th birthing class. That's exciting for me! Hubby doesn't see why he needs it. I wanted to take Lamaze classes but they cost too much out of pocket.

Madison is still in the top 95 percentile for her growth, which is cool. She was doing all sorts of cute things on the scan yesterday. Stretches, kicks, hands in front of her face, and she yawned! We got a picture of it! When she kicked, it was hard enough to mess up a measurement, lol. If you were pumped on an orange sugary drink and wanted food, you'd kick as well. I ate 4 bagels afterwards. And drank half a gallon of oj. Yum. She's great. I'm still suppose to be resting, but if I feel comfy, I'm allowed to do things that won't push my body overboard. Aka take the move and let everyone else handle it as I sit back. I'm trying.

I attached the yawning photo. Hope if works from my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (132.6 KB, 8 views)

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 339 Old 08-20-2014, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
She is so cute. happy to hear she is doing so well.
#213 of 339 Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Hope all are doing well. I've read up but will try to do a more personal update later for everyone. If I fail to do so please forgive me. I am currently "granny sitting". SO's granny fell about 2 weeks ago and cracked 1 rib and fractured 2 more. Due to the pain she got very inactive very quick and ended up in the hospital for nearly a week due to low sodium, constipation, and dizziness. She left the hospital last night even though she knows she shouldn't have left (she admitted this to me this morning.) She is currently sleeping in her bed.
As I am covering her up I accidentally knock over the cup of ice water I had just filled for her and it wound up on the bed and her. I had to force myself to laugh and apologize or else I would have cried... Stupid hormones!
AFM, I have my first appt after my anatomy scan tomorrow. Nervous about the weight I have gained... But as for baby Sage, I am making him a blanket to go with the beanies I have made him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (279.8 KB, 8 views)
#214 of 339 Old 08-21-2014, 04:13 AM

I'm having a hard time sleeping right now. My godfather lost his dog last night to not so natural causes. His roommate didn't tell him that his dogs have violent tendencies (even though my godfather's pup was their dad), and they killed him in the 15 min it took us to grab some dinner. My husband and I still rushed him to the emergency animal clinic with my husband giving the pup chest compressions and doing every life saving technique possible. (My godfather is moving into the in-law suite of the house he got us). The roommate has this weekend to get his dogs and go. I don't blame him. We don't need that in our lives. All of our animals are properly socialized, and clearly this guys are not. We are all heartbroken right now. Our dogs can even sense the loss. They've been having bad dreams all night. We were going to breed our girl Rose with my godfather's pup and literally just discussed when we should do so. Sigh.

After church Sunday, given the idiot roommate and his dogs are gone, we are taking my godfather to an adoption event and seeing if that would help. He honestly needs the companionship since he is going through alcohol rehab.

We all loved the dog. He just had that kind of spirit that pulled everyone towards him.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#215 of 339 Old 08-22-2014, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
hi all! just got my bfp so i'm joining this thread.

that's awful about your godfather's dog, @badwolf092087 we recently gave a kitten we'd been fostering to a friend, only to have that same friend's dog kill another cat in the home. i really want to ask for the kitten back, but we just don't have room for him right now with five other kitties and my roommate's six month old baby. (plus he seemed to be violently allergic to something in our home.) it's a hard decision for them what to do with the dog, tho. sigh.

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

#216 of 339 Old 08-22-2014, 04:35 PM

@clarwyn welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the cat and dog situation. I do have suggestions for what they can do, but I'll offer only if wanted. I've resocialized over 100 different dogs of different breeds, and ones who have had issues with cats before. As for my godfather, my heart is still broken. He's kicking his brother in law out because of it. (It was his BIL's dogs that did it). And the animals have to be gone by Monday or else. I personally would take them to a rescue I know of so they can evaluate who is the issue in the group and figure out what to do. But alas, I can't. And if you feel you need to ask for the kitten back, do it and just find a new home. Better to not have that on your mind.

When are you due?
#217 of 339 Old 08-22-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post
hi all! just got my bfp so i'm joining this thread.

Welcome and congrats! What is your EDD?
clarwyn likes this.
#218 of 339 Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
i would take the kitten back if i had a home for him to go to, but not before; if he got stuck here again that would be unfortunate for everyone. i don't think they would be open to suggestions from me about the dog right now, but thanks for offering; i'll let you know if they seem more receptive. and i am due May 3

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

#219 of 339 Old 08-23-2014, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Is anyone watching Doctor Who? Starts again tonight. I don't know if I'll watch it tonight or just watch the recording though, it depends on if DS goes to grandma's house for the weekend and if I go with him. I don't want to screw up his bedtime routine for a usually very action packed show.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#220 of 339 Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
Is anyone watching Doctor Who? Starts again tonight. I don't know if I'll watch it tonight or just watch the recording though, it depends on if DS goes to grandma's house for the weekend and if I go with him. I don't want to screw up his bedtime routine for a usually very action packed show.
I'll be watching. I'm quite excited.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#221 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 12:03 PM

New mobile look! Way neat!
#222 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 02:18 PM

This new setup is kinda confusing! Lol! Looks better but confusing on how to post! Haha
#223 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
It was showing up for me earlier and now mine is back to regular. Wierd
#224 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Eh it's okay my phone doesn't click on the links easily so I am finding is kind of annoying. I'm sure I will adjust.. Again lol.
#225 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

So I just fell in my kitchen. I slipped and fell on my butt. I fell hard though. I didn't fall on my stomach at all. I just twisted my leg and fell hard on my bottom. Now I'm worried. Should I go into the dr. Tomorrow or as long as I feel the baby should I not worry? I've had a horrible day. My little boy had a fever of 104, now this. I'm just done.
#226 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 PM

If you are concerned you should go to the dr. Be it the ER or your dr as a walk-in. How far along are you? If you are pretty far along where he would be head down already I would say go. Even more so if you don't feel any movement out of him. Praying everything is okay.
#227 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

I feel movement. I'm 24 weeks on Wednesday. I don't think heads down. I googled it and a bunch of people said all their dr. Told them was to Monitor movement. I guess I'll do that for now and if I get concerned I'll go in tomorrow. Thank you for the prayers.
#228 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I feel movement. I'm 24 weeks on Wednesday. I don't think heads down. I googled it and a bunch of people said all their dr. Told them was to Monitor movement. I guess I'll do that for now and if I get concerned I'll go in tomorrow. Thank you for the prayers.
If you are worried go. Movement seems like a good judge. I've been worried about far too much physical extertion this pregnancy and baby keeps kicking away. Use momma instinct! Sorry you fell and that your little one has a fever. No fun at all.
#229 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I'm just ready to start tomorrow off to a better start. Plus if my boys sick I don't want to drag him to my Drs office tomorrow.
#230 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 07:48 PM

First day back to work. I'm soooooo tired. Barely sleeping at night and now working. Ugh.

On another "ugh" note, why are girl names so hard??? I have 4 that I'm 'if-y' at best on. I don't like super modern names but I also don't want to use a name that I know someone has. Middle name is for sure Josephine. Leaning toward Greek in Origin for no real reason other that I just like mythology and many of them flow nice with the middle. BTW boy name was no problem so that probably means I'm having a girl! Haha! Any ideas?
#231 of 339 Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

I think boy names are harder. I had girl names picked out but no boy names. The name I think we will end up using is the name I had picked out 8 years ago when I miscarried. Is that weird to use the same name? I kinda feel weird about it but it's the only name we can agree on. Of course now it's popular and when we picked it 8 years ago it was not.
#232 of 339 Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 AM

Names are hard. We had 4 names picked out prior to conceiving Maddy. 2 different boys names and 2 different girls names. When we finally conceived, we had to pick 1 of each for when we knew the sex. Now we have 3 other names planned, all by accident.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#233 of 339 Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 AM

I honestly think I might start an animal rescue. This past Sunday, my large dog was begging A LOT at our front door to go outside. So I took him outside, thinking he really needed to pee. He goes in front of the window of where the nursery was going to be, picks up a kitten, lays in the grass and starts cleaning her. A 6-8 week old kitten somehow ended up in our front yard, and our oldest dog rescued her. We don't know where she came from. I went to all our neighbors and asked if they had a cat that gave birth recently, and nothing. So I've been eye drop and spoon feeding her, and our other new rescues have "adopted" her. I'm waiting to introduce her to the rest of the cats. Who knows how she'll react. Anyway, this makes cat #11 because my husband doesn't want to turn her over to the rescue. There's good reasoning of course. They're full after the 12 kittens I just had them pick up from someone who's mama cat died during labor, and they told us if we could keep nursing her and everything it would be in her best interest. And then there's the fact our bigger dog found her, so hubby is all "we must keep her for that reason alone." I named her Sparrow, because calling her "Kitten Doe" was getting old. And I was watching the Doctor Who marathon. She is a vocal little thing, and very defensive. She's still learning to trust us, but fully trusts the other animals.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#234 of 339 Old 08-26-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I honestly think I might start an animal rescue. This past Sunday, my large dog was begging A LOT at our front door to go outside. So I took him outside, thinking he really needed to pee. He goes in front of the window of where the nursery was going to be, picks up a kitten, lays in the grass and starts cleaning her. A 6-8 week old kitten somehow ended up in our front yard, and our oldest dog rescued her. We don't know where she came from. I went to all our neighbors and asked if they had a cat that gave birth recently, and nothing. So I've been eye drop and spoon feeding her, and our other new rescues have "adopted" her. I'm waiting to introduce her to the rest of the cats. Who knows how she'll react. Anyway, this makes cat #11 because my husband doesn't want to turn her over to the rescue. There's good reasoning of course. They're full after the 12 kittens I just had them pick up from someone who's mama cat died during labor, and they told us if we could keep nursing her and everything it would be in her best interest. And then there's the fact our bigger dog found her, so hubby is all "we must keep her for that reason alone." I named her Sparrow, because calling her "Kitten Doe" was getting old. And I was watching the Doctor Who marathon. She is a vocal little thing, and very defensive. She's still learning to trust us, but fully trusts the other animals.
I was under the impression that animal recues took animals in and looked for forever homes for them? Not the case? All I know is baby humans are a ton of work. You might want to pace yourself and see what your going to be up for when baby actually gets here. Obviously, you know yourself and what you can handle! I'm impressed. Just sounds like a lot of work plus a newborn! Also, you just moved right? Does your new place have more space? That might help with the decision.
#235 of 339 Old 08-26-2014, 11:30 PM

Our rescues are all crowded. Some are past capacity. And there's a huge issue going on with our animal shelter. Long story that I can explain when I'm back at the computer again. It involves wrongful terminations, a mayor that wanted our shelter money for other projects of his, and an ongoing court case. It's so bad. We've had to get all the dogs and cats out of there into rescues before the city put them down. (They're trying to convert back to a kill shelter. It's bad.)

I'll be fine once this kitten hits 12 weeks. That's when independence kicks in, and she won't be as needy. The other two are already doing their own thing, chilling with the senior cats and the dogs, and only want us for tiny portions of the day. At the new house, the cats have their own entire room, equipped with brand new furniture and scratchers and other assorted cat goodies.

The kitten is picky about what she will eat, how she will drink her milk, and insists on sleeping in the bouncy chair. Thank goodness the cover comes off and is washable.
#236 of 339 Old 08-27-2014, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So I was apart of the TTC one thread earlier this year and after disappointment, I disappeared.
I stopped trying and monitoring everything and now I am pregnant!
I am only 5w pregnant. I've already seen my perinatologist and had an ultrasound. Blood draws also.

I'm anemic: need iron, prescribed 4mg of folic acid too.
Instead of testing my HCG, he tested my progesterone levels.
They called today and said they want me to start 200mg *2 a day of progesterone. They said my level was 4 and it should be 22+.
I tried googling to understand, but am more confused. Has anyone been prescribed progesterone? What are normal levels? If my level is a 4, does that mean it's close to non viable?
#237 of 339 Old 08-28-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post
So I was apart of the TTC one thread earlier this year and after disappointment, I disappeared.
I am only 5w pregnant. I've already seen my perinatologist and had an ultrasound. Blood draws also.

They called today and said they want me to start 200mg *2 a day of progesterone. They said my level was 4 and it should be 22+.
I tried googling to understand, but am more confused. Has anyone been prescribed progesterone? What are normal levels? If my level is a 4, does that mean it's close to non viable?
Gosh. I really don't know anything about it. Those gals on the TTC group seemed to know it all! I know there used to be a list floating around that had ranges. I was prescribed progesterone but I never actually was told my exact levels. I think they were lower end of normal. Did dr give u a range? Sorry it's stressful. Do you have a history of MC? I truly hope all is well with your lil babe.
#238 of 339 Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 PM

Omg. I don't remember feeling so rdy to be done with pregnancy last time. I am so exhausted. Started work again. I'll be 34 weeks Saturday. The thought of 6 whole weeks left is making me freak. It seems like forever. Especially with all these not pregnant ppl telling me it's soon. Easy for them to say. Exhaustion+no sleep+back pain+Heartburn+never having a break+back to stressful work= anxious, impatient me!
#239 of 339 Old 08-30-2014, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post

Welcome to the thread! I was on 200 mg of progesterone (vaginally) for the first trimester because of my history of miscarriage, but to be honest, my level was never checked--not with this pregnancy or any of my nonviable pregnancies, so I don't know what is normal. I know that low progesterone can be associated with miscarriage, but it is unknown whether low progesterone causes miscarriage or whether it is a symptom of a nonviable pregnancy. In any case, it doesn't hurt to take it, and it might help to prevent miscarriage. I assume you will have a viability scan in a few weeks to let you know whether to continue taking it or not. In the meantime, HCG scores would be helpful. Good luck!

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#240 of 339 Old 08-30-2014, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
Welcome to the thread! I was on 200 mg of progesterone (vaginally) for the first trimester because of my history of miscarriage, but to be honest, my level was never checked--not with this pregnancy or any of my nonviable pregnancies, so I don't know what is normal. I know that low progesterone can be associated with miscarriage, but it is unknown whether low progesterone causes miscarriage or whether it is a symptom of a nonviable pregnancy. In any case, it doesn't hurt to take it, and it might help to prevent miscarriage. I assume you will have a viability scan in a few weeks to let you know whether to continue taking it or not. In the meantime, HCG scores would be helpful. Good luck!
I had seven miscarriages prior to my daughter in 2006 and one this spring they believe. I had my daughter in 06 and my son in 10, both 8 weeks premature.
They don't know why the multiple miscarriages, nor why two premature births.
I go back Sept 9 for viability check. Although I had some cramping, no bleeding. On Thursday I made them do a base HCG test, which was four thousand something I asked if it was an ok # and they were like yeah.
The nurse told me to go back in this upcoming Thursday, but it seems so far off.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page