Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

#241 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post
I had seven miscarriages prior to my daughter in 2006 and one this spring they believe. I had my daughter in 06 and my son in 10, both 8 weeks premature.
They don't know why the multiple miscarriages, nor why two premature births.
I go back Sept 9 for viability check. Although I had some cramping, no bleeding. On Thursday I made them do a base HCG test, which was four thousand something I asked if it was an ok # and they were like yeah.
The nurse told me to go back in this upcoming Thursday, but it seems so far off.
I'm sorry for your losses. They don't know the reason for mine either. 4000+ seems like a good number for 5 weeks. Cramping is normal in early pregnancy.

AFM, I met my new doctor this week. She seemed nice, but scattered. She didn't stay still long enough to discuss everything I wanted. I asked if there was an alternative to the drink for the gestational diabetes test. She said, "Sadly, no." Then she said that if I couldn't keep it down, we would try testing fasting and after a meal, or monitor regularly, but that was a second choice because the drink is the gold standard. I just feel it is unnatural to overload my body like that to see how it reacts when it is not something that I would normally have to react to. But anyway, I have some thoughts about how to get through it. I will go next Monday because I have the day off of work.

We did a photo shoot today to finally share my pregnancy on Facebook, as well as revealing it's a boy. I will post 2 anonymous shots here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1032_00010.jpg (183.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1057_00034.jpg (145.7 KB, 11 views)

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post
I had seven miscarriages prior to my daughter in 2006 and one this spring they believe. I had my daughter in 06 and my son in 10, both 8 weeks premature.
They don't know why the multiple miscarriages, nor why two premature births.
I go back Sept 9 for viability check. Although I had some cramping, no bleeding. On Thursday I made them do a base HCG test, which was four thousand something I asked if it was an ok # and they were like yeah.
The nurse told me to go back in this upcoming Thursday, but it seems so far off.
I'm sorry for your losses. They don't know the reason for mine either. 4000+ seems like a good number for 5 weeks. Cramping is normal in early pregnancy.

AFM, I met my new doctor this week. She seemed nice, but scattered. She didn't stay still long enough to discuss everything I wanted. I asked if there was an alternative to the drink for the gestational diabetes test. She said, "Sadly, no." Then she said that if I couldn't keep it down, we would try testing fasting and after a meal, or monitor regularly, but that was a second choice because the drink is the gold standard. I just feel it is unnatural to overload my body like that to see how it reacts when it is not something that I would normally have to react to. But anyway, I have some thoughts about how to get through it. I will go next Monday because I have the day off of work.

We did a photo shoot today to finally share my pregnancy on Facebook, as well as revealing it's a boy. I will post 2 anonymous shots here.

I was really reluctant to do the test and drink the drink (I didn't do it at all with my first) but I did it and it wasn't to bad. It honestly tasted like a melted orange Popsicle. Yea it was sweet but really seemed no sweeter than a Fanta or 7up. Plus I've eaten a few donuts too. Also sweet! Lol

Cuuuute pics! Congrats on boy #2!
#243 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
I was really reluctant to do the test and drink the drink (I didn't do it at all with my first) but I did it and it wasn't to bad. It honestly tasted like a melted orange Popsicle. Yea it was sweet but really seemed no sweeter than a Fanta or 7up. Plus I've eaten a few donuts too. Also sweet! Lol

Thanks!

I made a conscious effort to cut refined sugar out of my diet approximately a year ago. That means no donuts for me. I do eat fruit and I use honey and maple syrup as sweeteners. I do not drink pop, and I believe that the drink is fizzy, so that is going to be hard for me to deal with. I also don't like thinking about all the artificial ingredients in it. My SIL, who has a type I diabetes, says I do not have her sympathy. So I'll just have to suck it up.

#244 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 05:56 PM

BTW, I have not lost any weight since cutting out sugar and processed foods. In fact, my new doctor told me that my pre-pregnancy BMI was 30, which classifies me as obese and therefore she said I should not gain any more weight with this pregnancy because I've already gained 15 lbs. She seemed to realize it was a ridiculous statement right after she said it and said, "Just do your best to keep your weight gain slow. Many people switch from pop to fruit juice during pregnancy, but fruit juice is also full of calories." I said, "I only drink water." She said, "That's good, but I don't have any other suggestions for you."

#245 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

I made a conscious effort to cut refined sugar out of my diet approximately a year ago. That means no donuts for me. I do eat fruit and I use honey and maple syrup as sweeteners. I do not drink pop, and I believe that the drink is fizzy, so that is going to be hard for me to deal with. I also don't like thinking about all the artificial ingredients in it. My SIL, who has a type I diabetes, says I do not have her sympathy. So I'll just have to suck it up.

Quote:
BTW, I have not lost any weight since cutting out sugar and processed foods. In fact, my new doctor told me that my pre-pregnancy BMI was 30, which classifies me as obese and therefore she said I should not gain any more weight with this pregnancy because I've already gained 15 lbs. She seemed to realize it was a ridiculous statement right after she said it and said, "Just do your best to keep your weight gain slow. Many people switch from pop to fruit juice during pregnancy, but fruit juice is also full of calories." I said, "I only drink water." She said, "That's good, but I don't have any other suggestions for you."
I can see why you'd be reluctant if you done so well cutting out sweets! I really want to cut a lot of stuff from my diet. So hard. I don't drink soda either. This was an easy change for me when I discovered sparking water! Fruit juice has never appealed to me. Occasionally a small glass but that's it. I waste calories on terrible things like donuts or pumpkin spice lattes. Yea, not gaining any weight would be ridiculous! Sounds like you are doing the right things tho. Did you have GD with your first?
#246 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Hey ladies! I should be doing my test soon. I'm 24 almost 25 weeks. I think I have pregnancy carpel tunnel. My wrist started hurting today out of nowhere and it was very sudden. Then I remembered it can be another wonderful pregnancy side effect lol.
Also for you ladies that still are breastfeeding @edubluv and @nsmomtobe .... I know we've talked about weaning vs not but DS 22 months told me he didn't want to nurse tonight. Ok this is coming from a nursingaholic lol. I'm in shock. I planned in having him fully weaned by his second bday in October but was dreading it. We are down to before nap and before bed but I know I have no milk. I was planning on cutting out before bed about a month before his bday and then finally before nap. But I'm hoping he is self weaning as that would be ideal.
#247 of 350 Old 08-31-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Hey ladies! I should be doing my test soon. I'm 24 almost 25 weeks. I think I have pregnancy carpel tunnel. My wrist started hurting today out of nowhere and it was very sudden. Then I remembered it can be another wonderful pregnancy side effect lol.
Also for you ladies that still are breastfeeding @edubluv and @nsmomtobe .... I know we've talked about weaning vs not but DS 22 months told me he didn't want to nurse tonight. Ok this is coming from a nursingaholic lol. I'm in shock. I planned in having him fully weaned by his second bday in October but was dreading it. We are down to before nap and before bed but I know I have no milk. I was planning on cutting out before bed about a month before his bday and then finally before nap. But I'm hoping he is self weaning as that would be ideal.

Hey there! so my DS weaned himself beginning of July. He was 31 months. He straight up told me there is no milk! Haha! Sooooo sad tho! He was an avid nurser too! It would have been way harder for me at 22 months. Your DS may be on a strike tho and might pick it back up. who knows? Are you ok with him being done now? I am curious if my DS will pick it back up once new babe is here in 6 weeks since it will only be 4 months since he quit. I'm fine with whatever he chooses. interested in what your guy does!
#248 of 350 Old 09-01-2014, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey there! so my DS weaned himself beginning of July. He was 31 months. He straight up told me there is no milk! Haha! Sooooo sad tho! He was an avid nurser too! It would have been way harder for me at 22 months. Your DS may be on a strike tho and might pick it back up. who knows? Are you ok with him being done now? I am curious if my DS will pick it back up once new babe is here in 6 weeks since it will only be 4 months since he quit. I'm fine with whatever he chooses. interested in what your guy does!
No I want to wean! My goal was two, and I don't want to tandem feed. I also don't want to wait until December when the baby comes and be like , well sorry I can't feed you anymore it's for the baby now lol. That would just be mean! So we have been cutting back slowly all summer.
#249 of 350 Old 09-01-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
I can see why you'd be reluctant if you done so well cutting out sweets! I really want to cut a lot of stuff from my diet. So hard. I don't drink soda either. This was an easy change for me when I discovered sparking water! Fruit juice has never appealed to me. Occasionally a small glass but that's it. I waste calories on terrible things like donuts or pumpkin spice lattes. Yea, not gaining any weight would be ridiculous! Sounds like you are doing the right things tho. Did you have GD with your first?
I did not have GD. I did fail the first screen though. I think I told you there is a screen here (does not require fasting, thankfully) and if you fail that, you have to do the fasting test with multiple blood draws. So I did both last time.

Quote:
My son thankfully self-weaned early in the pregnancy. When he he turned 4, I told him he could only nurse at bedtime. Then, when he found out that I was going to have another baby (after the 10 week ultrasound), he decided that he would leave the milk for the baby. He changed his mind days later and wanted to nurse again, but told me there was no milk left. So he has stopped, but he did ask (repeatedly, in the beginning) whether he could have some milk again after the new baby is born. I said he could try, but he would turn 5 after the baby was born and he has always said he would stop nursing when he was 5. I am willing to let him try once or twice, but I suspect he will have lost his latch. I may put some in a cup for him. But only until he turns 5. Then again, he hasn't asked about it lately so maybe he won't need it after all.

#250 of 350 Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I did not have GD. I did fail the first screen though. I think I told you there is a screen here (does not require fasting, thankfully) and if you fail that, you have to do the fasting test with multiple blood draws. So I did both last time.

Quote:
My son thankfully self-weaned early in the pregnancy. When he he turned 4, I told him he could only nurse at bedtime. Then, when he found out that I was going to have another baby (after the 10 week ultrasound), he decided that he would leave the milk for the baby. He changed his mind days later and wanted to nurse again, but told me there was no milk left. So he has stopped, but he did ask (repeatedly, in the beginning) whether he could have some milk again after the new baby is born. I said he could try, but he would turn 5 after the baby was born and he has always said he would stop nursing when he was 5. I am willing to let him try once or twice, but I suspect he will have lost his latch. I may put some in a cup for him. But only until he turns 5. Then again, he hasn't asked about it lately so maybe he won't need it after all.
I was thinking I would let DS nurse if he wants but I kinda doubt he will. I think giving him a cup of milk will happen though. I liked reading about your sons weaning journey. Thanks for sharing!
#251 of 350 Old 09-01-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
No I want to wean! My goal was two, and I don't want to tandem feed. I also don't want to wait until December when the baby comes and be like , well sorry I can't feed you anymore it's for the baby now lol. That would just be mean! So we have been cutting back slowly all summer.
I feel like since your DS wasn't forced to quit he will probably be ok with just being done and helping you with knew babe. I think the same for my son too. Maybe our milk disappearing during pregnancy is really a built in mechanism to get older childer to wean. ;-)
#252 of 350 Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I feel like since your DS wasn't forced to quit he will probably be ok with just being done and helping you with knew babe. I think the same for my son too. Maybe our milk disappearing during pregnancy is really a built in mechanism to get older childer to wean. ;-)
I have thought that too about milk drying up.
#253 of 350 Old 09-01-2014, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I love the blue belly handprints!

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#254 of 350 Old 09-05-2014, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
How is everyone?
#255 of 350 Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

I'm good!! How are you? I saw your post in the DDC already
Things are slow on here lately.
@Kita4
@alivewithyou
@innacircle ( who I thinks due very soon!) you better post something when you have that baby girl!
@Harmony96
Haven't heard from you all lately!!
#256 of 350 Old 09-05-2014, 01:15 PM

I stayed in my bed until noon today, the pain was just that unbearable.

I was wondering how all the ladies are! I thought I was going to miss a lot during the move.

My insurance is state, btw apey. They dictate everything at this point. I had Cigna prior to the forced switch, and would rather give them their yearly cost opposed to the state "freebie" program I get since I'm pregnant. I swear it seemed like a good idea at the time.
#257 of 350 Old 09-05-2014, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Yea I guess that does make a difference. I know I have friends on state insurance and only certain Drs take it and our don't always have a choice uggg. Getting so close though!! I'm getting excited. School has started for my oldest, she started 1st grade, so time will hopefully go by fast. I'm starting to get nervous about having a VBAC though. IDK why? My dr said the chance of rupture or anything is like 1% but I got pregnant only 17 months after my csection so I don't know if that effects anything. Sorry for the ramble.
#258 of 350 Old 09-05-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I stayed in my bed until noon today, the pain was just that unbearable.

I was wondering how all the ladies are! I thought I was going to miss a lot during the move.

My insurance is state, btw apey. They dictate everything at this point. I had Cigna prior to the forced switch, and would rather give them their yearly cost opposed to the state "freebie" program I get since I'm pregnant. I swear it seemed like a good idea at the time.
What is the pain from?
#259 of 350 Old 09-05-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Yea I guess that does make a difference. I know I have friends on state insurance and only certain Drs take it and our don't always have a choice uggg. Getting so close though!! I'm getting excited. School has started for my oldest, she started 1st grade, so time will hopefully go by fast. I'm starting to get nervous about having a VBAC though. IDK why? My dr said the chance of rupture or anything is like 1% but I got pregnant only 17 months after my csection so I don't know if that effects anything. Sorry for the ramble.
I'm nervous about VBAC too. Not really rupture bc it is only 1% chance of it happening. I'm more worried about failing and having another c/s. The pain from that was pretty much unbearable for me and I didn't have a 2yo at the time. Recovery will suck so much if it happens again. My midwives say my chance for successful VBAC is 80% in their practice. I think that's good odds. Trying to be optimistic. 35 weeks here! Getting so close! I'm done with work Oct9th unless baby comes sooner. Wishing I would have been more active this pregnancy. I'm sure I'll pay for it.
#260 of 350 Old 09-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
I got pregnant just four months after my c-section, AND it was a 25-week cut (instead of a 40-week cut) AND it was just a single-layer closure. I had so many things working against me but I was still able to have a successful VBAC. Hoping you can, too!

AFM - had my 28-week appointment on Wednesday. She asked what I had for breakfast and how long ago it was and then checked my sugar (instead of me doing the "controlled" orange drink). It was high-ish, 141. She said I could make an early-morning appointment to come in for a fasting draw and then drink the drink and then take a one-hour draw, OR I could take home a meter and keep a food log and check my sugars 7 times a day (fasting, and then one and two hours after each meal). Taking the meter home sounded like less of a hassle for me, so I chose to do that. A couple of my readings so far have been out of the ranges that she gave me, but only slightly out, so I don't know what's going to happen with them. And I have nearly an identical breakfast every day (maybe varied by an almond or a blueberry or two) and sometimes it is almost "neutral" to my body, and other times it really shows up. So I don't know. But today is my third day of checking, and I can say that I'm "feeling stabby" without it meaning that I want to hurt someone, lol.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#261 of 350 Old 09-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
@apeydef : I'm still following along. Been dealing with some digestive issues so pretty worn out and drained from that. I think between IBS and having my gallbladder out this pregnancy is just tipping the scale a little bit. Saw the baby a week ago and she is doing great. Found out she was a girl and I am super excited. Trying to plan a nursery in the midst of all the chaos that is my life right now lol.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#262 of 350 Old 09-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Edubluv (can't tag on phone!) my pain is various things. The lower back is the Braxton hicks contractions. There's also the sciatic nerve issue. And the icing on the cake, my "minor" hernia which doesn't feel so minor anymore now that the belly has stretched. I'm learning to cope, even if it means several warm baths a day.

@alivewithyou yay for a girl! Congrats!

@apeydef when your kids go off to school, is it heartbreaking for you? I've seen so many people crying this past week dropping off their little ones. Just wondering if it's beyond their control, or the fact that their little one is going "on their own" for a few hours a day.
#263 of 350 Old 09-06-2014, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
Edubluv (can't tag on phone!) my pain is various things. The lower back is the Braxton hicks contractions. There's also the sciatic nerve issue. And the icing on the cake, my "minor" hernia which doesn't feel so minor anymore now that the belly has stretched. I'm learning to cope, even if it means several warm baths a day.

@alivewithyou yay for a girl! Congrats!

@apeydef when your kids go off to school, is it heartbreaking for you? I've seen so many people crying this past week dropping off their little ones. Just wondering if it's beyond their control, or the fact that their little one is going "on their own" for a few hours a day.
Yea it is just bc she's still so young. I cried bc I forgot to get a picture and by the time I went to get my phone out of my car and back to her class they had already started. So then I started crying and felt crappy all day lol I know people that can't wait for their kids to go back to school and I just don't understand it. Sad they can't wait to get rid if their kids.
#264 of 350 Old 09-06-2014, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Alive congrats on your girl!! Can't believe your that far along already!!
#265 of 350 Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Hope everyone is doing well.
#266 of 350 Old 09-11-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post
How are you lady?

I'm ok. Just soooo hot and I cannot wait for our Oregon fall weather. The heat just keeps hanging on! Ugh. My classroom is unbearable. I'm also trying to get sub plans ready as well as teach and meet students on my caseload! I'm busy!!! My DS is going to Outdoor School with my husband all next week. I've never been away from him that long and it's making me sad and nervous.

36 weeks on Saturday!
#267 of 350 Old 09-11-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
How are you lady?

I'm ok. Just soooo hot and I cannot wait for our Oregon fall weather. The heat just keeps hanging on! Ugh. My classroom is unbearable. I'm also trying to get sub plans ready as well as teach and meet students on my caseload! I'm busy!!! My DS is going to Outdoor School with my husband all next week. I've never been away from him that long and it's making me sad and nervous.

36 weeks on Saturday!
How are you? Things are okay here. SO's granny fell the first of August and broke 3 ribs. Because of the pain meds she was put in the hospital because her sodium levels plummeted causing brain swelling. Her levels are stabilized now by taking sodium tablets 3 times a day. I sit with her every weekday to make sure she is okay and doesn't need anything.
I am dealing with SPD... Let's just say it sucks! Haha. Constant pain.
I feel ya on the heat though as I am in south GA. It stays hot and humid here. Lol.
I'll be 26 weeks on Sunday!
#268 of 350 Old 09-11-2014, 09:17 AM

My braxton hicks are still kicking my butt. This morning we discovered we have an issue with the new home's hot water heater, so I can't even soak in the tub while they're happening. Also makes taking a bath in general bad because I don't have the tolerance for cold water. So that's todays big project.

My shower is about a week away. Seems like yesterday it was just getting planned. Time sneaks up on us without fail, haha. My (biological) sister has gone baby shopping crazy. It's all items we needed, thank goodness. And I'm still in the process of painting the nursery. Once that is completed, I am done! Just get to reorganize her clothes and furniture and that is it! I ran out of paint quickly, even with two coats of primer to cover the blue walls that were in her room so tomorrow it's off to Lowes for more. As you can see, my life has been boring since the big move.
@maof1 sorry to hear about your SO's grandmother. It's good she has you for company. What's SPD? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#269 of 350 Old 09-11-2014, 03:50 PM

SPD is Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction. Basically where the two pubic bones meet there is cartilage. During pregnancy it is normal for it to stretch a little. However for those with SPD it stretches beyond the norm or completely ruptures in some cases. It is extremely painful. It even hurts to lift one leg to put pants on. Can't even roll over in bed without it causing severe pain. Flat out, it sucks!
#270 of 350 Old 09-11-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
SPD is Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction. Basically where the two pubic bones meet there is cartilage. During pregnancy it is normal for it to stretch a little. However for those with SPD it stretches beyond the norm or completely ruptures in some cases. It is extremely painful. It even hurts to lift one leg to put pants on. Can't even roll over in bed without it causing severe pain. Flat out, it sucks!
Ugh. That sounds terrible. How'd you know you had it? I hurt in that area if I sit weird or too long. But it doesn't sound like what you are experiencing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page