Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   I'm Pregnant (http://www.mothering.com/forum/19-i-m-pregnant/)
-   -   ~The One Thread Grad Club~July (http://www.mothering.com/forum/19-i-m-pregnant/1431114-one-thread-grad-club-july.html)

apeydef 07-10-2014 05:13 AM

~The One Thread Grad Club~July

This was started by Innacircle to continue to connect with others on "The One Thread" after they've got their BFP!

Due Dates

Setember 2014
Innacircle~?
Kateaton

October 2014
edubluv~16th

November 2014
Harmony96~25th
Badwolf092087~29th
delghtedbutterfly

December 2014
apeydef ~17th
nsmomtobe~17th
maof1~21st
NaturallyMo

January 2015
Kita4~2nd
LouisaG~7th

February 2015
Jenjy~12th
EdenAurora~14th
Alivewithyou~25th
Bren94~26th

apeydef 07-10-2014 05:17 AM

Check and make sure your dates are correct, and let me know if I missed you! I skimmed through the thread and added anyone whose posted but there are a lot of pages so I'm sure I missed people.

There were also some people we have not heard from in awhile @delightedbutterfly and @kateaton How are you all doing?

apeydef 07-10-2014 05:17 AM

ok I was going to make it colorful and pretty but since the changes on MDC i do not see how to do that!

edubluv 07-10-2014 07:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey all! @apeydef thanks for making the new thread!

This move plus 26 weeks pregnant has really got me overwhelmed and worn out. Had a housewarming party planned and I cancelled it. Couple of ppl have asked about a baby shower and I'm like "no thanks!" Sounds like too much work! Do ppl have showers with their consecutive children? Seems weird to me but idk. Anyway, just sitting here not wanting to unpack or do anything.

Starting to get uncomfortable again! Heartburn, stretching skin, hard time sleeping. Not complain bc I'm happy to be pregnant but just tired! Glad I have the summer off from work.

Sorry to blah blah about myself. Interested in hearing how others are doing!

Oh, I guess technically now I'm due Oct 11th, my guess is I'll be late, but baby measurements and LMP are for Oct 11th.

tinytina 07-10-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17796386)
ok I was going to make it colorful and pretty but since the changes on MDC i do not see how to do that!

You can go in and edit it @apeydef , and click on advanced for color and smiley faces! :wink:

I find it takes a lot of work to do it now but its worth it.
Also you can not copy and paste it from month to month- it loses the code.

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 07:27 AM

@apeydef , could we include genders? (Team Pink, Blue, Green) Also, I think you need to click the "Go Advanced" link next to "Post Quick Reply" to get the fancy colors and what not? Though it let me do the colors for the teams in the Quick Reply box. Hmmm.

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 07:39 AM

I've been trying to figure out how to set a reminder alarm for my pills on my stupid iPhone, but alas, I have not. I know there is a way! But I remembered to take my prenatal and biotin today, so I'm okay on that front. Aside from that, I have had a major issue I've been trying to deal with. Depression. I've been able to admit it to myself and to DH's younger sister. But I don't how to approach this subject with him because the way he's been acting has been contributing to it. I'm researching therapists right now, figuring out who takes my insurance and all the other fun stuff. I haven't been to one in nearly 3 years, and that was to deal with Connor's passing. Then it was easy to explain. Now, not so much. I think I'm most afraid of reactions, even though people have no right to judge.

apeydef 07-10-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edubluv (Post 17796754)

This move plus 26 weeks pregnant has really got me overwhelmed and worn out. Had a housewarming party planned and I cancelled it. Couple of ppl have asked about a baby shower and I'm like "no thanks!" Sounds like too much work! Do ppl have showers with their consecutive children? Seems weird to me but idk. Anyway, just sitting here not wanting to unpack or do anything.

Starting to get uncomfortable again! Heartburn, stretching skin, hard time sleeping. Not complain bc I'm happy to be pregnant but just tired! Glad I have the summer off from work.

Oh, I guess technically now I'm due Oct 11th, my guess is I'll be late, but baby measurements and LMP are for Oct 11th.

I dont know where I got the 16th from? my due date with my last was October 16th, but I had him October 14th.

apeydef 07-10-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytina (Post 17796770)
You can go in and edit it @apeydef , and click on advanced for color and smiley faces! :wink:

I find it takes a lot of work to do it now but its worth it.
Also you can not copy and paste it from month to month- it loses the code.

yes I did that but it only allows me to do smileys, not color font. I was the thread leader on the one thread before you took over and all the changes to MDC have made everything so different!

apeydef 07-10-2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badwolf092087 (Post 17796778)
@apeydef , could we include genders? (Team Pink, Blue, Green) Also, I think you need to click the "Go Advanced" link next to "Post Quick Reply" to get the fancy colors and what not? Though it let me do the colors for the teams in the Quick Reply box. Hmmm.

yea i did that. I think my stuff is messed up lol.

I can do teams!!

apeydef 07-10-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edubluv (Post 17796754)

I personally find it rude when people have another baby shower and expect gifts when they have already received them for another child. Unless its a big age gap or twins! Thats why I got all neutral "big items" so I didn't have to repurchase them when I had more children. When i had my second baby that was the opposite sex I still received clothes from people but I did not have a shower or expect it! So I agree with you on this. I guess though its none of my business what others do. I just usually do not attend if they have a second shower. Especially if their kids are very close in age. My cousin got pregnant before her first was one and convinced family she needed another shower. So you get two showers in less than two years?? sorry end rant. Her and I do not see eye to eye n much of life!

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17796922)
I personally find it rude when people have another baby shower and expect gifts when they have already received them for another child. Unless its a big age gap or twins! Thats why I got all neutral "big items" so I didn't have to repurchase them when I had more children. When i had my second baby that was the opposite sex I still received clothes from people but I did not have a shower or expect it! So I agree with you on this. I guess though its none of my business what others do. I just usually do not attend if they have a second shower. Especially if their kids are very close in age. My cousin got pregnant before her first was one and convinced family she needed another shower. So you get two showers in less than two years?? sorry end rant. Her and I do not see eye to eye n much of life!

When it comes to multiple showers, yes I find them rude. Unfortunately in September, I will be falling into the "second baby shower" category. I *guess* it's different because it's been 5 years, and we have nothing gender neutral besides a few pieces of furniture. And everyone who was in our life then is gone, and this is an entirely different group of people throwing the shower. I'm not trying to justify it, I've just been working on accepting it since I cannot change it. And we're having it on my birthday to kill two birds with one stone. One rule is nothing for mom unless it's baby related, and that's my choice. I have what I need.

I do know a lot of people who have had multiple showers, and always want gender specific items. And then they have another child, and boom! More "free stuff" for them. It bugs me. If anyone tries to throw a shower with my next child, I'm hiding. I'm letting the grandma's to be have their fun now, but next time around, we can all sit around a fire pit and make smores.

edubluv 07-10-2014 08:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17796850)
I dont know where I got the 16th from? my due date with my last was October 16th, but I had him October 14th.

You were right, I originally said Oct 16 bc that's closer to what I think. Drs think Oct 11th. It's all good either way!

edubluv 07-10-2014 08:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17796898)
yea i did that. I think my stuff is messed up lol.

I can do teams!!

I'm team GREEN!!!

edubluv 07-10-2014 09:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by badwolf092087 (Post 17796818)
I've been trying to figure out how to set a reminder alarm for my pills on my stupid iPhone, but alas, I have not. I know there is a way! But I remembered to take my prenatal and biotin today, so I'm okay on that front. Aside from that, I have had a major issue I've been trying to deal with. Depression. I've been able to admit it to myself and to DH's younger sister. But I don't how to approach this subject with him because the way he's been acting has been contributing to it. I'm researching therapists right now, figuring out who takes my insurance and all the other fun stuff. I haven't been to one in nearly 3 years, and that was to deal with Connor's passing. Then it was easy to explain. Now, not so much. I think I'm most afraid of reactions, even though people have no right to judge.

I'm sure there is an app for that! A pill taker reminder app!

There is no time limit on on grief and the depression that accompanies it. I'm sorry if ppl are giving you a hard time but just take care of you. Any good therapist will understand where you are at. If they don't find someone else.

apeydef 07-10-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badwolf092087 (Post 17797346)
When it comes to multiple showers, yes I find them rude. Unfortunately in September, I will be falling into the "second baby shower" category. I *guess* it's different because it's been 5 years, and we have nothing gender neutral besides a few pieces of furniture. And everyone who was in our life then is gone, and this is an entirely different group of people throwing the shower. I'm not trying to justify it, I've just been working on accepting it since I cannot change it. And we're having it on my birthday to kill two birds with one stone. One rule is nothing for mom unless it's baby related, and that's my choice. I have what I need.

I do know a lot of people who have had multiple showers, and always want gender specific items. And then they have another child, and boom! More "free stuff" for them. It bugs me. If anyone tries to throw a shower with my next child, I'm hiding. I'm letting the grandma's to be have their fun now, but next time around, we can all sit around a fire pit and make smores.

I think in your case its totally different. Its been 5 years and not only that I can not imagine the hell you went through. You deserve to be spoiled!! honestly I think most people would have found it hard to keep the stuff or use it for a next child. I dont know how I would feel. Maybe it would make me sad, or maybe it makes you happy to get to use Connor's things on his baby sister?

edubluv 07-10-2014 09:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17796922)

Yea. I think I see it like you do. I know some with a big age gap. Then had a baby and a shower. Made sense.

I did go to a shower for my cousins second baby. Most ppl were older there and since she was having the opposite gender and this is her last I thought it was really nice. The older ladies loved buying her stuff and it was a really nice time!

I didn't know what I was having with my first and now about 2.5 yrs later I don't know what I'm having with #2 . So what's the point of a shower? Will just buy a car seat and call it good! Hopefully if it is a girl I can bargin with someone for hand me downs. I'm not much into buying the latest and greatest. And with a huge house payment now there is no money! I get overwhelmed by clutter anyway! I passed so much stuff on to others! I'm regretting some of the things I let go but oh well. We'll deal with out.

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17797410)
I think in your case its totally different. Its been 5 years and not only that I can not imagine the hell you went through. You deserve to be spoiled!! honestly I think most people would have found it hard to keep the stuff or use it for a next child. I dont know how I would feel. Maybe it would make me sad, or maybe it makes you happy to get to use Connor's things on his baby sister?

It's a step I've been working on, and I came to a simple conclusion. Even if everything negative didn't happen, his stuff still would've been kept for his next sibling. They would be sharing, and passing on to the next. And while I was conflicted about this, he came to me in a dream again. Funny how he keeps doing that at my lowest moments. He just smiled at me and told me it would be okay, and that it was time. Each of these dreams I have feels too real!!! The fact I can talk about him, the dreams and be this far in growing from the experience is a good thing, though. I never saw myself being able to do any of this a few years ago.

apeydef 07-10-2014 09:14 AM

We bought a new car seat bc my old one had expired. My husband by pure luck found a Graco stroller, carseat, and base set for $45!!!!!! Also a sit and stand double stroller for $60!!! All brand new. My stroller was shot, its six years old and been through two kids. I used it a lot too. Now also my youngest and this baby will be so close in age I had to get a double stroller.

apeydef 07-10-2014 09:17 AM

My daughter and son are 4 years apart so I just wore him in a carrier a lot and she would ride in the stroller occasionally, but was not really even needed bc she was older when he came along. I know wearing the baby and chasing a two year old will be a different story, so I opted to get a double stroller this time lol

edubluv 07-10-2014 09:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by badwolf092087 (Post 17797474)
It's a step I've been working on, and I came to a simple conclusion. Even if everything negative didn't happen, his stuff still would've been kept for his next sibling. They would be sharing, and passing on to the next. And while I was conflicted about this, he came to me in a dream again. Funny how he keeps doing that at my lowest moments. He just smiled at me and told me it would be okay, and that it was time. Each of these dreams I have feels too real!!! The fact I can talk about him, the dreams and be this far in growing from the experience is a good thing, though. I never saw myself being able to do any of this a few years ago.

I think your 2nd shower is totally legit! Enjoy!

One thing I think would have been fun (would be fun?) is for daddy to have a shower instead of me! Or both together. I hate being in the spotlight in the shower type situation anyway. Maybe a shower/housewarming month after baby is born! lol

edubluv 07-10-2014 09:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17797514)
We bought a new car seat bc my old one had expired. My husband by pure luck found a Graco stroller, carseat, and base set for $45!!!!!! Also a sit and stand double stroller for $60!!! All brand new. My stroller was shot, its six years old and been through two kids. I used it a lot too. Now also my youngest and this baby will be so close in age I had to get a double stroller.

Booyah! I need to start looking for cheap! I want a sit and stand this time around. I carried my first exclusively and didn't use a stroller until about 2yrs old. Where does your thrify DH shop?

edubluv 07-10-2014 09:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ugh, new MDC is so hard for me to navigate. I can't figure out how to subscribe to this thread!

kateaton 07-10-2014 10:43 AM

Hi All,

I'm still around- 31 weeks along today! We're having a boy (after 3 girls)! I'm due Sept. 11. I haven't been on mothering much lately due to all the bad changes around here. Glad to see you're all doing well!

apeydef 07-10-2014 10:58 AM

@badwolf092087 that is just beautiful that you have these dreams! @edubluv im excited about my sit and stand! He got them at walmart. They just happened to be clearancing them out. I thought about maybe doing a diaper party. Its where you have a BBQ or something and have everyone bring diapers. I thought it might be fun. I was on craigslist today and there were a ton of sit and stands and baby stuff. I dont know about where you live but its worth a try to just keep checking! @kateaton glad you're doing good! Yeah for a boy! Thats great news!

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 12:09 PM

So first thing's first, depression: I talked to my OB and he wants me to start seeing their on site therapist, and he's going to write me a low dosage prescription based off what I've taken successfully in the past. He also told me that he knows I've been doing my research and that I'm a worrier and high strung, but depression during pregnancy can lead to severe PPD and he wants to avoid that occurring. That's goal one.

Second: The stupid genetics OB. Called their office. They won't see me till the 21st, and are still working on a game plan in case Madison is in "sleep mode" again. I told them morning appointments are better, but they had nothing until August and this stage needs to be done before then. I guess to accurately mark it off trimester wise? I don't know. The less I need to be in the actual hospital, the better.

Third: Physical therapy. Won't be starting until... August! These next few months are full of nothing but doctor's visits, and I honestly hate it. I'm suppose to be "on rest" but I have to be at all these different places on different days. What's the point of resting? Ugh.

edubluv 07-10-2014 01:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17797946)
@badwolf092087 that is just beautiful that you have these dreams! @edubluv im excited about my sit and stand! He got them at walmart. They just happened to be clearancing them out. I thought about maybe doing a diaper party. Its where you have a BBQ or something and have everyone bring diapers. I thought it might be fun. I was on craigslist today and there were a ton of sit and stands and baby stuff. I dont know about where you live but its worth a try to just keep checking! @kateaton glad you're doing good! Yeah for a boy! Thats great news!

Im in Oregon. Yea, I've looked at CL and there are a ton. I will probably get one from there!

edubluv 07-10-2014 01:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by badwolf092087 (Post 17798170)
So first thing's first, depression: I talked to my OB and he wants me to start seeing their on site therapist, and he's going to write me a low dosage prescription based off what I've taken successfully in the past. He also told me that he knows I've been doing my research and that I'm a worrier and high strung, but depression during pregnancy can lead to severe PPD and he wants to avoid that occurring. That's goal one.

Second: The stupid genetics OB. Called their office. They won't see me till the 21st, and are still working on a game plan in case Madison is in "sleep mode" again. I told them morning appointments are better, but they had nothing until August and this stage needs to be done before then. I guess to accurately mark it off trimester wise? I don't know. The less I need to be in the actual hospital, the better.

Third: Physical therapy. Won't be starting until... August! These next few months are full of nothing but doctor's visits, and I honestly hate it. I'm suppose to be "on rest" but I have to be at all these different places on different days. What's the point of resting? Ugh.

Glad you are on top of it! Geez, you are right, you have had a bunch of appts. I'm sorry! That's like a full time job scheduling and getting to them! Hope Madison wakes up for her appt! When is she most active? My babe is active what seems like 24/7 so I am worried I will have a non-sleeper again! Glad PT will be starting soon to heal that foot!

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 01:43 PM

@edubluv Madison is most active from about 2:30am till 1pm-ish, and then after dinner till 9pm-ish. I've confirmed this all by what I'm calling the "kicks schedule" in my pregnancy journal. If it's all based off my meal intake, than I might need to hold off on lunch that day until the scan is done. I absolutely HATE the genetics "crew" at our hospital. The doctor kept referring to her as "the fetus" and "it." She is a baby! A 7in, 12oz baby girl with a strong heart. I don't care what moment of the pregnancy I'm in. They are the baby from moment one of conception. Ugh. I'm going off on a tangent.

I just noticed your due date is October 11th. That's my sister's wedding day!

apeydef 07-10-2014 01:46 PM

@BadWolf Im so sorry you feel depressed. Its such an awful feeling!! :(