Prenatal Yoga DVD recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-12-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Prenatal Yoga DVD recommendations?

So the library wants their DVD back, and I'm thinking I should just buy myself a great routine. There are so many though! Anybody got a favorite you'd like to recommend? What makes it great?
#2 of 8 Old 07-12-2014, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I like yogisanonymous.com. It's $15 a month for the subscription, so it might be more than you want to pay, but you get a ton of different workouts to choose from at different levels and lengths. That's all I use, so I can't recommend any DVD's, but I know there are some great ones out there.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#3 of 8 Old 07-14-2014, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestion @Lily Tiger . i will definitely check it out.

if anyone else is interested, i did a thread search and found past MDC mama recommendations...

Prenatal Yoga Series/Sara Holliday
Prenatal Yoga/Shiva Rea
Zen Mama/Rainbeau Mars
Prenatal Kundalini Yoga and Meditation for Mothers to Be/Gurmukh
Crunch Yoga Mama
Prenatal Yoga/Desi Bartlett
#4 of 8 Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Iverna, your recommendations are very good. For my first pregnancy I did follow Shiva Rea myself for a while.

But when I became pregnant for the third time I was still practicing a regular Yoga routine but I wanted something different every week because I felt that my body was changing so fast and my baby's needs.

I'm a pre and Postnatal Teacher, and while I was pregnant I created Yoga4Mothers.com

Our website offers lots of differents Pre and Post natal videos, Baby Massages....

You can stream all the videos and use them to follow your pregnancy in the confort of your home. Register and get a frees class now to try out!

https://yoga4mothers.com/class/

Here are some samples of you want more exemples:

Sample for week 25 of pregnancy:

Sample for week 38 of pregnancy:

Sample of postpartum exercices:

And of course I'm here if you need any personal advice, at the end of the day I'm a mommy first and can only talk about my experience.

Christelle Donaghy
Yoga4mothers.com
#5 of 8 Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I've actually been using youtube. I have a hard time spending money on DVDs that I usually end up not using all the time. Also, using youtube I can find different length flows. Last night I did a 10 minute because I was so tired.

Another thing I've found (haven't looked at yoga specifically) is that Amazon (not sure if it's Prime only) has monthly "rentals" inexpensive. I did a bellydance one that I want to rent again.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#6 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

oooh, good tips! thanks ladies!
#7 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I was wondering the same thing... Are you just beginning yoga or been practicing for a while? I've been practicing regularly for almost a year and am unsure of how to keep practicing? I feel like a lot of the prenatal yoga and videos are for beginners and am wanting to keep my practice and flexibility at an intermediate level if that makes any sense? Thus far I've been avoiding core strengthening and back bends yoga but I'm just so lost where to go and what to do.
#8 of 8 Old 08-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I'm just beginning myself. Have you looked to see if there are any class near you? At an intermediate level (I'm guessing) you know how to do the poses? But need to know what's safe for pregnancy? If that's accurate I'd just take a class or 2 then put together my own program.

I don't do videos every night. On nights I'm too tired I just do a few of the moves & stretches that I remember & leave it at that.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page