Should I worry or not? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Should I worry or not?

Does anyone have experience with preterm labor - did it come on suddenly or did you have some warning beforehand, such as increasing BH or more pain or other signs?

I am 28 weeks with my third baby. I have had tons of BH contractions for a while now, but in the last week or so it's gotten somewhat worrisome. It seems like every evening they get so frequent and painful that I feel like I'm in early labor. I haven't called my doctor because I know what they'll say - lie down, drink water, etc. The thing is if I do get off my feet they go away, so I know it isn't actually labor. I'm just starting to get concerned that it's happening every day and maybe it's an indication that I COULD go into preterm labor. The contractions are painful, with pressure in the uterus and also a lot of downward pelvic pressure (if that makes sense). Honestly, it feels like labor.

I try to get off my feet as much as I can, but there's a limit to how much I can lie around with 2 other kids to take care of. I have an appointment next week and I'll certainly bring it up, but is it worth getting checked out sooner?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
As long as it stops when you rest and drink water I don't think there is much they will do. Just keep drinking water. It's a sign if dehydration. Is it very hot where you live?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
I just noticed you've probably been to your appt by now. If so how did it go?

User Tag List