looking for the May 2015 due date club :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

#1 of 35 Old 08-22-2014, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
looking for the May 2015 due date club :)

any other May babies out there yet? according to LMP and the helpful internet, i'm due May 3. which is awesome because i always really wanted a May baby! this is #1 and has been a long time in the making.

i don't have time to run the board myself, but i'd sure like to join if somebody else does

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 35 Old 08-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi clarwyn! Congratulations on your little boy/girl I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant and due around May 10th but it's too early to test. A part of me wants to know for sure, another part of me is enjoying the not knowing, if that makes sense. I hope to join the May 2015 DDC soon! I wish I could be of help getting it up and going.

By the way, I love your avatar, so beautiful.

L mama to I (3/11) wife to J

“You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved.”
Stewart O'Nan
#3 of 35 Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 PM

Red face So many symptoms!! Unlike any other month!

I think I'm pg and due May 11 at forty weeks - if I make it that long. I have been having so many symptoms that I've never experienced before and I'm only 7dpo. I'm talking about everything from crying over 5 times a day to brown implantation streak on my underwear yesterday. I'm on the young side: turned 24 this past march. But I'm super excited that it might be happening this soon because its the first month of TTC. I got the baby fever 2-3 few months ago. Its so early that I don't want to get my hopes up. So I thought I would list my symptoms by DPO below!

1 DPO 8/18 (Monday)
Lots of Ovulation cramps; mostly tiny ones near right ovary At night; BD!

2 DPO 8/19 (Tuesday)
CM was sticky and cloudy; should be 1 DPO as night before it was very watery and slippery (not stretchy); some cramps but not as much as night before; some pain when running for train; dizzy spell when I turned around quickly for something, irritated a tiny tinsy bit (dif than af irritation)

3 DPO 8/20 (Wednesday)
Tiny fluttery pinches/cramps every where in abdomen; tired; Very tired; food coming back up at night (not really what I would call nausea) irritated a tiny tinsy bit (dif then af irritation)

4 DPO 8/21 (Thursday)
Slight Increase appetite,not enough sleep in the morning bc I woke up tired

5 DPO 8/22 (Friday)
Hungry!!! Ate five - six times; not enough sleep in the morning again;
Sitting at desk sudden super dizzy spell for 5 seconds then disoriented and SUPER hot flash (face was on fire); cold rest of the time. Then slight slight light headed for a couple hours after that. IMPLANTATION!!!!BROWN streak of blood on underwear the some other dried cm (just one day of spotting); on super sharp cramp when sitting down. Crying 5 times (for sad news, 5 yr anniversary, sad new on fb)

6 DPO 8/23 Saturday
Hard to wake up again;Feeling weird most of day; light headed in the morning for an hour or so; Tired; achy, cold, lower back ache that progressed in the afternoon, pizza dinner didn't taste as great, at night lower back ache went to left side but cheek, couldn't get a massage cuz my back hurt so much (skin pulling hurt too much, went to sleep at 10:30 (still emotional) random cramp in left arm pit; globs of white cm in panties in the evening

7 DPO 8/24 (Sunday)
Feeling "pregnant"Woke up okay at 7:44 in the morning, ate something before I got actually hungry 9:15, felt kinda iffy in the to match after I ate (could have been the food or me); now right leg/knee cramp and right butt cheek/ hip hurts; alternating to the left hip/butt cheek bone; just had a couple small piecing cramp a few inches below right rib cage. Sweet smelling cm (not bloody smelling); dizzy when I sat up; strong stabbing cramp in the top of my abdo when I stood up

WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK??? PREGNANT OR NOT?? I'm afraid to test until 9/1
#4 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 06:50 PM

Hey 24&Preggers! You definitely sound pregnant to me Especially the acid reflux, food tasting different, extra emotional and crampy. I've also been extra emotional, everything just feels more intense--good or funny things seem extra great or funny, sad or negative things feel like the world is crashing down At least I can step back and chuckle at myself since I can tell it's just hormones. Also my dreams have been more elaborate and vivid, that started right after ovulation. My hips and butt bones have been extra achy, too, I didn't attribute that to the possible pregnancy until you mentioned it, too. I didn't think those symptoms would start until at least the 2nd trimester! It's so fascinating. I'm afraid to test, too, until at least a few days after I'm supposed to get my period. I'm confused what day AF is due to show, though, because I ovulated early this month. She's *supposed* to show on 9/3, so I'll probably wait until at least 9/5 to test, if I can wait that long. A part of me isn't looking forward to knowing for sure, not because I don't relish the idea of having another child, but because I'm not sure how my DH will react. Back in March I thought I was pregnant, turns out I wasn't, but I brought it up to him before I knew for sure. He wasn't happy with it mostly due to the timing. Now the timing is better, so I'm seriously hoping he will be happier. Anyway, I'm excited nonetheless, it feels like an amazing blessing.
#5 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey ladies! I'm "due" on May 4th! I've been stalking the DDC's for a May 2015 group, too! So glad to find a little thread where we can talk.

I tested at 8 dpo with a Dollar Tree test and got a BFN. Then tested at 9 dpo with a First Response and got a POSITIVE!! We are super excited to add to our little family. My 2.5 year old daughter is always talking about the baby in mama's belly...and now she has a baby in her belly, too, lol!

Happy to meet you all!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#6 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi, ladies! I just tested at 9dpo and got a verrry faint positive! I'm not going to believe it 100% until I get some darker lines, but the due date calculator is telling me May 11. This little one will be #4 for us. Hope to get to know you all in the coming months!
#7 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 PM

Congrats wombjuice (I love the name ) and dantesmama! Ya'll are giving me hope that I might actually get a positive if I were to test soon. According to when I could tell I O'ed today would be 9dpo. Hmm, maybe I'll go to the dollar store a little later and then do FMU in the morning So much for waiting until after AF is supposed to show! Peer pressure is a powerful thing. I wonder if there's any correlation between when a woman starts feeling nauseous (if she does) and the level of hcg in her blood or urine. Yesterday I started feeling a little nauseous off and on and today it's a bit worse. If there is a correlation then I probably will get a BFP (assuming I'm pregnant, I'm still living in the land of denial) :-P
#8 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I'll join in here until the official due date club is up. I got a bfp yesterday. According to my best guess I'm due around May 4th. This will be baby #3 for me.
#9 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 PM

Rosecanopy, I used a First Response Early Result. I haven't had good luck with the dollar store tests in the past, even closer to 12-13dpo. I know others have, though! Good luck!

I haven't told my husband yet, and I almost don't want to, lol. We had pretty much decided we were done having babies, and I've been on the pill, so I'm not sure how he'll react. I suspected I was about to ovulate despite the birth control, started temping, and lo and behold...

I'm over the moon, though.
#10 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 03:36 PM

Welcome, Katydid!
#11 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 04:50 PM

Dantesmamas--thanks for the tip about First Response vs dollar tree tests. I think I'll try the dollar store ones first simply because it would be nice to save money.

Also, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to not feeling excited about telling DH. We weren't actively TTC, either, but lately we've been using the withdrawal method instead of our usual condoms We're both aware that it's not that uncommon to get pregnant from the withdrawal method so hopefully he won't be too surprised or upset *crosses fingers*

Welcome, katydid!

“You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved.”
Stewart O'Nan
#12 of 35 Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'll hesitantly join in here...got a super faint line on a Wondfo test on Sunday (8dpo), then used a FRER 4 hours later and definitely got a (light) pink line! Tested again with a FRER yesterday (9dpo) and the line is darker...still scared to really believe it until I've officially missed my period, which will be this coming Saturday.

This will be our second - our son turns 2 tomorrow - but the first time we've actually intentionally TTC! Took us 3 months. SO excited for this one

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#13 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 AM

Hi everyone ,hope it's ok to join I got a very very faint bfp on an ic at 9dpo took a cb digital and got pregnant 1-2 weeks at 10dpo and I'm afraid of my life something will go wrong all thanks to google I really need to stop googling lol the calculator online says I'm due may 8
#14 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations, mamas!

The exhaustion has finally hit me pretty hard. I'm just so tired! I'm also breastfeeding my 2.5 year old daughter, too, so I feel like I should be eating a bit more but I don't have much of an appetite right now. Other than that, though, I feel pretty good and I'm very excited about being pregnant!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#15 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Still breastfeeding over here, too, a couple times a day. Guess I'm eating for three now?!

#16 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 10:24 AM

Welcome and congrats, pennywhistle and hope! I do not envy you nursing mamas! I nursed through my last 2 pregnancies, and it was exhausting.

So I'm freaking out a little. I read some about pink evaps and false positives with the FRER tests, and I'm worried because my second lines are so faint (I tested again today and the second line was darker than yesterday, but still very light). I had an older Target brand test, so I used that too, and got a negative (not FMU). And this is why I shouldn't test so early, lol. I'm considering going out today and getting a digital test, or 3, to put my mind at ease... then again, it's just me and the kids today and I feel funny walking up to the checkout with an armload of pregnancy tests and three children in tow.

I'm probably obsessing unnecessarily, but... Baby! Squee!

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
#17 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 10:56 AM

If the line is getting darker, that sounds good to me! The other day I wanted to buy more tests (I want All The Tests), but didn't go because I had the kid with me. I waited until I was at work and went on my lunch break. So much more professional that way.

#18 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 12:07 PM

Dantesmama I agree with pennywhistle, if the lines are getting darker they are probably not evaps. I got my first positive on a cheap test and wanted conformation on something that cost more then a dollar. I had both kids with me when I bought my frer, I am trying to not care what people might think.

Hopeallwillbeok I need to stop googling as well. I'm trying to accept that whatever is going to happen will happen, I can't do much about so I should just try an enjoy this pregnancy. That being said I've given myself permission to google one pregnancy related thing a day, starting today
#19 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM

Google is definitely both a blessing and a curse. Today my legs are super itchy, no rash or anything like that, so I was curious--could it be pregnancy related? Google taught me that, yes, many women have experienced itchy skin early in pregnancy. I did not know that, so google made me happy. There are other times when I wish it didn't exist, though, when it fills my head with possibilities that are rare but they keep me up at night nonetheless.

I have not gotten a chance to buy any tests yet. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will go get some. I didn't sleep well last night, I can feel insomnia rearing its ugly head (with DD I'd often wake up early and not be able to go back to sleep, last night it took me forever to fall asleep).

How is everyone feeling today? I have to admit the comments about not wanting to buy pregnancy tests with kids in tow made me chuckle. Who cares what people think? Kids are a blessing, anyone who thinks otherwise should be ignored.

I'm sorry you're feeling so exhausted, wombjuice. I keep going back and forth from feeling really energetic to feeling bone tired, it's odd.

Stewart O'Nan
#20 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the moral support, ladies I did end up needing to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner, so I left the kids in the kid watch/play area and picked up a few Clearblue Advanced digital tests. Result: Pregnant, 1-2! Whew - it was worth the $12.99.

Katydid, I like your googling philosophy

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
#21 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 PM

rosecanopy I'm with you on the insomnia. The littlest things are waking me up and it takes forever to go back to sleep.

dantesmama I'm glad you got the that positive on the digital, peace of mind is defiantly worth a little money.

I don't know if its what I'm eating but my stomach is a little unsettled after eating, and before eating. I really hope that its just the power of suggestion and not really morning sickness starting already.
#22 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 06:02 AM

I was looking for the May group as well!
I just found on last Friday I'm due with #5 . Huge surprise, as we were using BC.
I felt "off" and had some twingey pinchy cramps. I happen to have a leftover digital from last year and took it, and almost passed out on the bathroom floor.
I'm 42, so totally in shock. I have 4 boys already, including a 21 month old.
I haven't told my husband yet, wanted to wait a week and let it settle in first.
He is going to flip out, as we just got rid of all baby stuff and have been excited planning the next stage of our life.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#23 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 11:43 AM

Congrats, dantesmama, on getting a clear positive!

I'm feeling okay - I can't tell what is in my head and what's real re: feeling more tired, a little queasy, etc. My first trimester last time was pretty uneventful, other than just being exhausted, so I'm not expecting too much to change.

Wow, finnegansmom, four boys! I've just got the one (2yo), and he's a handful.

#24 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 11:56 AM

Finnegansmom, congrats! I have 3 boys, also was on bc, also was done having babies, also haven't told my dh nice to "meet" you!

No insomnia here... Quite the opposite, I actually slept eleven full hours the other night. So. Tired. My stomach was feeling unsettled after breakfast today, but it seems early for morning sickness already. I'm actually looking forward to more early pregnancy symptoms as reassurance that all is well.

Has anyone called their midwife or ob yet?
#25 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Congrats to the newly pregnant!! Here's the May 2015 DDC:http://www.mothering.com/forum/17634...due-date-club/

We need a couple of group leaders. Who's willing?

#26 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 12:52 PM

Oh wow finnegansmom, what a shock this must be for you! Hopefully your DH won't be *too* stressed, I'm hoping the same for my DH. Are you hoping for a girl this time? I'm probably not going to tell him for at least a week, too, I need to let it settle first as well.

For those who are saying they are feeling a bit queasy I'm in the same boat. Breakfast is the most difficult meal. I feel both nauseous and ravenous right before I eat but then I only eat about half as much as normal before I feel full. I remember feeling nauseous starting at around 3dpo with DD, it tripped me out at the time but every woman and pregnancy is different.

*sigh* I still haven't bought any tests. I'm battling with myself when it comes to testing because a part of me wants to know for sure and another part of me wants to wait until I'm ready to break the news to DH--I know he'd like to be there when I'm testing. If I do it ahead of time it sort of spoils the fun, you know? At least I hope he sees it as fun and not completely stressful

Stewart O'Nan
#27 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Congrats to the newly pregnant!! Here's the May 2015 DDC:http://www.mothering.com/forum/17634...due-date-club/

We need a couple of group leaders. Who's willing?
Thanks for the forum, Cynthia! What does being a group leader entail?

#28 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywhistle View Post
Thanks for the forum, Cynthia! What does being a group leader entail?
You're welcome.

Group leaders let us know if there are any problems that need to be addressed. If you have members posting inappropriately you can ask them to refrain or you can simply report the post so we can step in. Either way is fine.

One of the leaders should post a welcome thread and a Roll Call thread. The Roll Call thread is where new members post their due date. You can create a list so that each new member is given in the OP along with her due date. You can see examples in some of the other DDCs.

Let me know if you'd like to be a leader.

#29 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 02:29 PM

Sure, I'll be a leader (there will be others, right?) - can't wait to be part of a DDC again!

#30 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Okay then! Thanks for stepping up.

Yes, we need more than one leader. Any other volunteers?

User Tag List
cynthia mosher

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page