Early Pregnancy Symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Early Pregnancy Symptoms?

Hello ladies,
I have already posted this in the TTC forum, but thought I might get some answers here also.

I stopped taking my progesterone- only pill on August 25th. I think I ovulated about two weeks ago (not positive). Now I have been very tired, urinating frequently (which I do most of the time anyways), and have small little bumps on my areola near my nipples along with my nipples being very sensitive (but my breasts aren't sore). My mom said she had those little bumps when she first became pregnant.
AF hasn't visited since getting off of the pill. (I only allowed for my body to have a period every 3 months with my pill).
Sorry if this is TMI.. Just wondering if anyone has had these before or have heard of this?

It could be nothing and I am just looking for symptoms.

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
At 14 days past ovulation, you should get a positive pregnancy test, so that's the best way to find out. I never have any symptoms at all other than increased cervical mucus until I'm almost 6 weeks along. Everyone has different symptoms, but for most women they don't start until later in early pregnancy. I wouldn't give yourself false hope (or disappointment) either way by trying to match symptoms on the internet. I would just take a test and hope for the best.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
I call any early pregnancy symptoms "progesterone" symptoms until I confirm with a positive pregnancy test. The months when I had all these pregnancy symptoms I was never pregnant. The month I was actually pregnant I really just had period like cramps early on and that was it. Everything else didn't start kicking in until 5 1/2-6 weeks along.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

Old 09-27-2014, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you @LilyTiger and @alivewithyou !
Old 09-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
It may be difficult to detect, but I recently learned (in a lecture by an anesthesiologist) that your respiration increased in early pregnancy. Just a tidbit.
I don't have any other help to offer, as I don't get early pregnancy signs, really.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
Old 09-28-2014, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I didn't get the bumps until about 14 weeks, but I did notice that my nipples were sore and hard a lot early on. It seems like some women get the bumps early, though. Other early pregnancy symptoms for me were that I could still feel my ovary (I usually can feel it when I ovulate, and then the pain goes away the next day), I noticed a gross aftertaste in my mouth especially after I ate starchy foods, and I got a little nausea/indigestion when I was hungry sometimes. The nausea took another week or two to really hit hard. Oh, and of course my boobs were sore, but they're always sore before I start my period. And, I don't know, I just kind of felt pregnant.

If you think you ovulated two weeks ago, I say take a test! It's hard to tell at first when you go off the pill. The pill I was on also had estrogen in it, so it might be different, but my hormones didn't regulate for three months after I went off of it and I had morning sickness-type feelings off and on, and other random symptoms. So it could also be your hormones adjusting to being off the pill.

Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I'm sure if you're in the TTC thread someone has mentioned it to you, but I thought I'd mention it just in case! It is incredibly helpful in knowing when you've ovulated - especially if you're not regular yet off the pill.

I hope everything goes well!

Last edited by indiana; 09-28-2014 at 04:05 PM.

User Tag List