Mothering Forum banner

Fertility Challenged Graduates - Fall/Winter 2014

47K views 2K replies 36 participants last post by  toothfairy2be 
#1 · (Edited)
:flower Fall & Winter 2014:cold

This is a thread for those who have "graduated" from The Fertility Challenged Thread

Previous thread:Spring/Summer 2014 Graduates Thread

Due in November 2014
autumnlaughing - EDD Nov 15 - expecting baby #1 after 6 years, thanks to IVF

Due in December 2014
mainebaby- EDD Dec 8 - expecting baby #1 after 9 years, thanks to IVF

Due in February 2015
milk8shake - keeping baby in as long as possible!

iixivboots - EDD early Feb - expecting babies 2 and 3

tracyamber- EDD Feb 7 - expecting baby #2 after TTC since December 2012 through IVF with no success. With a change of clinic we had success on June 6, 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kewpie80 - EDD Feb 17 (Babies #3 and #4 )

alivewithyou- EDD Feb 25 - expecting baby #1 after 8 months of trying and one miscarriage

Due in April 2015

silverbird - EDD April
chuord - EDD April 24 - expecting #1 & 2 after IVF

Due in May 2015

adiejan - EDD May 1 - expecting #1 & 2 identical twins thanks to IVF after 6 years of TTC and 2 losses

Due in June 2015

toothfairy2be - expecting #1 and #2 , rainbow babies after 4 1/2 years TTC, 2 miscarriages and 2 chemical pregnancies
Littlekind - EDD late June, expecting #2 after repeat miscarriages

BABIES!!
Sourire - Liliana
, born May 8, 2014
Laggie - Casey
& Jasper
, born August 16, 2014
monkeyscience- Baby Yummy :girlbaby born October 6, 2014
NaturallyMohttp://www.mothering.com/community/u/227916/naturallymo - Miles
born November 4, 2014
Xerxella - Matt and Billy :boybaby:boybaby born November 18, 2014

See less See more
Reactions: chuord
#3 · (Edited)
I'll repost my thoughts because I didn't realize there was a new thread until after I posted!

@alivewithyou - good luck on Thursday! And I hope DH gets that job. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom!
@iixivboots - thanks for taking on thread keeper duties!!!! That's awesome. And congrats on 20 weeks !!!!! Wow, there are alot of 20 weekers around here.
@Milk8shake - congrats on 20+ !!!!!! 24 is a good next goal. What day is your appointment next week? I need to know when to stalk you more precisely.....
@tracyamber - Good luck on Thursday!!!!! It's a busy week around here! PS: Aren't we automatically subscribed because we posted here?

To everyone - So what again is the problem with the right side sleeping? I know back sleeping cuts off blood flow and left is best. I'm typically a left side sleeper anyways, so it's no big deal for me.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the new thread!

Back to my personals attempt, because really, sleep is overrated.
@iixivboots - Again, thank you. And I like that you included a link to the previous thread. You rock! :thumb My ds also measured a week or so ahead at our anatomy scan - he came out 22" long, so you might have some tall babies in there! This baby measured spot on, which was my first definitive clue she might be a girl. Still very curious how big she is now, though! Re: depression - I recently went to a seminar the local hospital had about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), since that's a major concern of mine about living this far north. (I do NOT have fond memories of my 4 winters in Chicago, and not just because of the weather.) Ironically, as the presenter was going over the diagnostic criteria for SAD, I started checking things off in my head... and realized I am probably ALREADY depressed. :p Which isn't surprising, given my history and how I've been feeling recently, but it was a surprise to be confronted by it so baldly - the checklist was straight out of the DSM-5, not some sort of self-diagnostic quiz. Anywho, just want you to know you aren't alone. I'm anxious about coping with two kids, so I can only imagine the challenges of 3! But I have also learned that as a parent, you do what you have to do, whatever it takes. Not always with a great deal of grace or poise, not always in the way you wish you could, but in a way that keeps everyone alive and reasonably emotionally unscarred. Good luck with your GTT - I barely passed mine, and only because my doc was using the less-stringent criteria. (And possibly because it took the techs about 15 extra minutes to get my blood drawn.) I've worried a little that maybe I really do have GD, but the funny thing is I was spilling sugar into my urine every visit up through the one just after my GTT (I think), and it's been clean since. So I figure I am okay. I can't remember - did you have GD with your son? 24 weeks is an exciting milestone - it will get here soon!
@tracyamber - Are you getting excited for your scan? Glad it's early so you don't have to spend the whole day worrying about it. It's several hours from home, though, right? So it might be a bit before we get an update? Sorry if the right/left talk left you unsettled. I really do believe that your body will tell you if you need to shift. Mine certainly does! I can't even sit too reclined sometimes because it makes me feel all weird and woozy. I'm pretty sure my uterus is positioned so it easily squashes some important veins these days. :p Ironically, laying on my back is often fine, at least for awhile. And I've always got at least 3 pillows, if not 4 or 5, helping me to get comfortable. I really should have sprung for one of those massive U-shaped pillows, but I was afraid dh would end up on the floor!

Geeze, now I'm getting tired and a bunch more responses have popped up just while I was typing this! (Okay, and while I was for some reason clicking through the pictures of our trip to Hawaii two years ago, and baby pics of ds from 2-4 months...) Seems like I'm not the only one awake! But I think I'm going to leave it at that for now. Except for... 1 hour left, @Xerxella ! You have done it, lady. I think your next goal should be 28 weeks - I remember reading somewhere there's a big jump in viability then. But now I can't find that chart. Every chart I look at says something different. :p If you haven't already seen it, this website is a pretty cool (and positive) look at premature babies by week - it focuses on what they have going for them, and has links to stories (also positive) of babies born at that gestation. :)

#5 · (Edited)
@monkeyscience
Oh my, I think I'm going to have the insomnia too in my last trimester. I did last time too. I also remember I could not get comfortable in bed and often slept on the couch almost completely propped up and watching netflix all night. It funny how things change when you have a toddler. We co sleep and there is no way he'd let me not sleep with him, and I can't afford to stay up all night as I am with him all day. Good grief!!! What will I do?? I love in one post you said you were wanting to sell you ds on eBay and I laughed so hard. I feel like that sometimes about my ds. Pregnancy is just so different when you have toddlers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Uhhhh posted this on the old thread! Sorry...here it is again! @Xerxella - your "date" comment made me lol for real!! Good luck tomorrow...what time do you go in? I am so glad you've made it to 24 weeks and I hope you get to keep moving that goal post.

@iivixboots-thanks for taking over the thread keeper position. Also congrats on 20 weeks! @Milk8shake -how was that cake mama? I'm glad you have a next goal and that the little dude keeps kicking you!! He's probably saying "hey mom, don't worry I'm ok, I just keep kicking your insides." @alivewithyou -good luck with your anatomy scan...I hope there are no sprouting penises. Your message made me cry it was so sweet. You're right they aren't here for no reason! @chuord -I would love any energy you can send me and these sweet babies. I truly appreciate it. You are so amazing for dedicating so many of your thoughts to all of us. You are a pretty incredible woman! @tracyamber -how are you feeling about things? Are you nervous for thurs or feeling ok? I'll be stalking you!! (This may be the only place I can say that and not sound totally creepy.) @kewpie80 -thinking of you! Are you hanging in there?

AFM: so nervous and somewhat prepared for PTSD symptoms tomorrow. This will be my first OB appointment at the exact time of our last loss. Trying to stay positive and remind myself this is different! Any positive/non anxious vibes you could send my way would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and I just started crying for a very insane reason! dh was scratching my back because I feel like crap! When my 4.5lb yorkie climbed on my back and started licking me. I kept asking dh to get him off...he only laughed. I cried...yes pretty nutso!!! wtf!

Reactions: Xerxella
#9 ·
@Xerxella - your "date" comment made me lol for real!!
Ahahahah me too! I meant to say that your DH is not the only deprived one, X! Believe it or not, my hubs has not had any action since this baby was conceived, and that is certainly not gonna change until Parasite has made his arrival. #poorhusband

#8 ·
Tracy and adie - done!! Adding you to the list xxx
Good luck with all the appointments this week - soo exciting!!!! I'm looking forward to all the good news. Just think 4 more weeks and most of this thread will be viable - that will be a celebration week :)
I'm going in Friday for a quick one (nothing exciting) just I'm allowed (by fertility clinic) to start weaning on Friday... However Ob doesn't want me to till she sees me - an guessing she wants to scan and check placenta's (or is it placenti lol) are working... I'm not waiting another 2 weeks if I don't have to!

#11 ·
I somehow missed that there was a new thread. Here are my 2 posts I made this morning in the old thread ----

TF - Congrats!!!! I hope it's a nice long boring/uneventful 9 months for you!

I'm holding up just fine about my son. What I thought was the beginning of a migraine on Friday was actually a stomach virus that knocked me on my butt. My husband also left for a 2 week business trip this weekend, so being incredibly sick and getting him ready and then being alone with 2 toddlers made for a really rough time. I'm starting to feel like myself again today.

As for my son, I'm feeling ok with it. I posted about his condition on facebook and asked if anyone had experience with it. I had 16 people respond by either PM or comment. Of the 16, 3 did not need surgery and 13 did. Despite webmd and other sites saying most close up on their own, the fact that that many babies needed surgery has me concerned. Those rates are high.

I'm no stranger to handing a baby off to a surgeon. My oldest son has a congenital eye deformity and is blind. At first, they told us it was retinal cancer when he was 2 weeks old. He's been put under anesthesia many times for his eye, the first being when he was 2 weeks. It never gets easier. I hate the idea of having a second child go through that, especially when having to open his chest..

The parents who said their kids did need surgery, most said that the surgeries ended by age 2, so that's something. I'm just trying to stay positive until we hear from the cardiologist. My appt with him will be on either nov 2nd or 5th. I can't remember which it is right now. I am probably fretting over nothing and he'll be fine.

#16 ·
Okay, NOW you can accuse me of nesting. So far I've washed the towels, sheets + whites, baby diapers, and have the darks in the washer. Still want to wash all the rugs and my baby carriers. And I made the bed for the first time in months. But I'm pretty sure I'll make my goal of no September baby. If I do end up with a September baby, I'll at least have the consolation of a <5 hour labor, 'cause I'm certainly not in labor right now!

#17 ·
Hey everyone! things went very well today! Both babies are looking great and have great little beating hearts! Dh and I were so traumatized from last time that a wave of relief washed over us as soon as we heard everything looks good! My OB is pretty sure she saw a membrane between the babies and I'm pretty sure we saw it too. However, we will see an MFM in a few weeks to see if they are mono/di or mono/mono. So relieved...thanks for all of the support ladies!

#18 ·
I'm so glad things are looking good!

#21 ·
@adiejan, great news about your scan. It can be all a bit PTSD with scans - my DH gave himself a massive migraine before our nuchal scan because he was so stressed. Once we saw the hearbeat, he reckons the headache just disappeared! Glad that you are going to check in with an MFM soon too!

@kewpie80 - I had my first "frisky" dream over the weekend, and I woke up with a real fright! At least we can all sympathise with each others deprivation!

@monkeyscience - I'm jealous of your nesting! By the way, it's already October here, so it's an October baby as far as I'm concerned!

#22 ·
@Xerxella, @Milk8shake, and @kewpie80- glad to know I'm not alone on the dry spell! Those frisky dreams really are the worst...I even had one where in my dream I said this can't happen I'm "with child"....uhhhh like I'd ever say that!! Poor hubby, maybe one day we can act married again ;)

#23 · (Edited)
Adie - great news!!! Glad you got all the reassurance you wanted :)
I cried at the first scan - the relief of knowing it's not in your head!
Monkey - ditto on what milkshake said - it's an October baby already lol.
Yes, what is it about this whole process that makes us so scared of sex - both dh and I are into abstaining right now too... Dreams not too bad yet but definitely racier than my normal!
Tracy - when's your scan?

#25 ·
Uhh... pregnancy never turned me or my dh off to sex. Just sayin'. (Though I realize some of you are obviously under doctor's orders.) I think we would both go crazy if we didn't have sex for 9 months. (Actually, I know my dh would never put up with getting no action, based on how things went while I was recovering from having our son...) It's been really frustrating this pregnancy, though, because between the toddler, the moving, and dh's new work schedule, I've been left so very frisky and alone far too many times... :'(

Anyway, that's WAY enough TMI for one post. 30 minutes until it's officially October in MY time zone. I should really go to sleep...

#26 ·
Argh, meant to say earlier @Xerxella - I'm glad things aren't worse, I'm sorry they aren't better. But still so excited you've made it to 24 weeks! I'm assuming you're talking about post-birth treatment in Cincinnati, not pre-birth? And really, with all the hospitals/medical schools in Chicago, Cincinnati is better? Weird. Do you know anyone there you can stay with? Will your dh and kids be coming? Let us know when you feel up to it.

Reactions: adiejan and chuord
#27 ·
Wow so much news! That's so funny that a lot of people are in the same boat ( ssshhhh ) s-e-x wise.... Lol. @monkeyscience - it didn't slow us down until the cervix scare. That put the brakes on everything. :(
@adiejan -That VERY good news. Mo/di are way safer than mo/mo. And the fact that you saw 2yolk sacs initially is also a good sign. Very good news.

Good luck @tracyamber and @alivewithyou with your scans tomorrow! And get lots of pictures for us!!!
@monkeyscience - Happy October baby!!!!

To anyone - No, we're looking at Cincinnati prenatally. They're the closest place for prenatal surgery. (It really sucks that a city as big as Chicago has nowhere for prenatal surgery!). Cincinnati is the 3rd best children's hospital in the US. And, since they're only a 5 hour drive away, we'll go there for a consult on the best course of action on B. If everything goes well, they'll treat B prenatally and I'll come back to Chicago to give birth. Hopefully, I won't give birth in Cincinnati, but that's certainly a possibility I'll have to consider.

#28 · (Edited)
Major rant ahead:

The tech and doc freaked DH out. :( So imagine a slightly inflated balloon. And, you know how there's that U shaped space right next to the knot in the bottom of the balloon? It's looked like this since we first checked at 18 weeks. Well that's how my uterus looks. The knot is my cerclage. The U shaped space is supposed to be completely closed. So, 2 weeks ago A had his feet in the U shaped space and this time he had his head in the U shaped space.

Now, I get that they can't see that well that deep into my uterus. BUT, the tech looks at his head and rushes out and obviously tells the doc that his head is in my vagina. The doc comes in and starts saying all this and how if she even looks she could break my water and start labor and so lets get the steroid shots and wait a couple days then look. And I'm like "WAIT ONE MINUTE!!!" So, you're telling me, that this kid has broken through TWO cerclages (they put 2 in) without any pain or bleeding or discharge or pressure and has caused my cervix to dilate and his head is now in my vagina without me knowing?!!!!! Um no. Why don't we look again.

So, they redo my external u/s and decide, oh, yes. There's the cerclage and there's the cervix and everything seems like it was. It's just that he's head down.

They caused DH to completely freak out. So, I had to spend the next couple hours talking him down. And, now since he's paranoid he's sure I'm pale and he's taking tomorrow off to spending with me. Which is nice, but there's really no change. They really freaked him out. :(

Docs really piss me off sometimes. I'm a calm, realistic person. I can take bad news and get it. I don't stick my head in the sand and be all Susie Sunshine. But, don't tell me there's a head the size of a softball in my vagina and I don't know it!!!!! That's ridiculous. I think anyone here who's not an adult film star would know if there's a softball in their vagina!!!! And they completely freaked DH out for no reason. He's on edge enough as it is. That poor guy. I'm pretty pissed off.

I hate doctors sometimes.

#29 ·
X - Ugh. Sorry about your dh. :( Mine is easily freaked out, too. When I told him about my PCOS diagnosis, he asked if I was going to die! I had wondered about prenatal surgery, but since you hadn't mentioned it before, I thought maybe it wasn't an option. It would be awesome if they could do something to help Baby B, though obviously there's a lot of risks involved. I still remember the first time I saw a documentary about fetal surgery - I think it's one of the most awe-inspiring medical advances ever. In fact, I didn't want to leave Texas without doing my 20-week ultrasound because I knew the children's hospital there does fetal surgery. Also, I'm guessing you weren't sleeping well last night, either?

#30 ·
@monkeyscience - lol. No. Not sleeping well. But, I think that's alot of the steroids more than anything. (Did I me took we did the steroid shot?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.