34 weeks twin surprise!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-28-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
34 weeks twin surprise!!

First off i would like to thank everyone for dropping in and i apologize for just dropping in without introducing myself but me and my wife are at a loss and are seeking some advice from the legendary mamas of the lovely forum that we have so often browsed for anything and everything in our parenting journey. please help!!

Me and my wife just found out we are having twins today! yay! we had our first baby in march of last year it was a nice easy birth in a tub in our living room. Baby Cora was born and everything was good. We wanted another and we decided to let it happen in its own time. lo and behold while vacationing in Prague my wife dropped the bomb on me, baby #2 might be on the way. Me being the impatient type walked to the nearest pharmacy and struggled to explain to a Czech speaking clerk that me a 6'2' 300 pound man needed a pregnancy test, a few embarrassing belly gestures later and i was waking my wife up to pee on the stick. ok fast foreward 30 weeks later after a fairly uneventful few months of checkups with our midwife she began to become concerned of a breach baby due to only hearing a heartbeat near my wifes chest. so we reluctantly scheduled an ultrasound to try and determine the position of our new baby. As soon as the doctor placed the probe on my wifes engorged belly we all saw 2 distinct healthy heads. a few seconds later the doctor confirmed you have two of them in there! my wife was terrified our midwife, slightly embarassed and me with a toothy grin on my face all sighed and tried to absorb this "bigantic"(heh) bomb that was dropped on us. after an extensive exam/ measuring session it was determined that they were both breached with a feet down posturing... so our entire birth plan has been figuratively set on fire in front of our faces... we feel lost and confused and limited on options. on the one hand we know and appreciate the benefits of a natural vaginal birth and yet on the other we want our babies to be safe and are feeling like Cesarean may be our only option for a healthy delivery of both of our new babies, considering their positions in the womb.... please help any words of advise from moms of twins or moms who delivered breech babies would be extremely comforting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-29-2014, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The studies show that plannned cesarean delivery of twins or breech do NOT have better outcomes for mom and babies/baby than vaginal delivery. Experiencing labor and vaginal birth is extremely important to the physiological functions of mom and babies/baby. But you already know that!

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/...b%3Fsrc%3Dstfb
#3 of 3 Old 10-30-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My sisters were born vaginally and they were breech but that was in 1977. It's very difficult these days to find a doctor who has enough experience to attend a breech delivery because they aren't trained in it like they used to be. It can also be tricky to have a vaginal twin delivery. Often they require that baby A be head down. You have some time. Is it possible to get one or both twins to turn? Spinning babies might have some info. A chiropractor who does the Webster Technique might be able to help. Also, just do some research and see if you can find a doctor who will attend a breech twin delivery. You might want to post this question in the Parenting Multiples forum also. Good luck and congratulations on the twins!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page