Pregnancies different? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-11-2014, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pregnancies different?

Hi all! I'm 6.5 weeks with #4 ...due beginning of August.
I've always had some morning sickness..first was worst and the following two were much better. The only pregnancy I don't remember having strong symptoms in ended as a missed miscarriage.
The worrywart in me is afraid the same thing will happen to this one ...I gag when brushing teeth and at certain Smells ..but no real morning sickness. Fatigue, sensitive nipples , peeing more often are pretty much my major symptoms. Has anyone had a similar experience ?

I have one more week until my dating u/s and I am both excited and terrified that there won't be a heartbeat!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old Today, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello thankful,

I notice no one has responded. I can tell you that every pregnancy can be different for some women relating to how much ms they experience. This is just from hearing personal anecdotes from different mothers. But, I have heard it both ways: bad ms when successful pregnancy and none when miscarried, but also bad ms only when miscarried and successful pregnancy with no major ms. I have also heard it mixed up with different symptoms for successful pregnancies. I don't think you can place much weight on any patterns unless your body has had a really consistent pattern over many pregnancies.

By the way, the symptoms you are listing are common ones for women at your stage who end up having successful pregnancies.

I never had bad ms with my very healthy first pregnancy, and the nausea and gagging I did get didn't start until about 7 weeks.

It might ease your mind to read through some of the first 3-7 week stage posts in the Due Date Clubs under symptoms: currently August DDC is at that stage (maybe you are a poster there), but July 2014 has lots of posts on this issue and it is an actively posting group.
#3 of 3 Old Today, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I had bad m/s with the baby I miscarried and less serious evening sickness with this successful pregnancy. My m/s usually doesn't kick in fully until around 7 weeks anyway for the most part, so there's still plenty of time for you to feel it fully. Either way though, every pregnancy is different. I know how scary the pregnancy after a loss can be. Try to let go and trust your body, as difficult as it is. I hope you've already gotten the reassurance from the dating scan.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page