Does EVERYTHING have to give me heartburn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-19-2004, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously, enough already. I had what I thought was bad heartburn with ds, but this is nonstop. Practically everything I eat or drink gives me heartburn. I'm not shocked when I eat a burrito, but a glass of water? Some cheese and crackers? Oatmeal? Can't I get a break here?

I nibble on my dried papaya which helps a little. A couple of spoonfuls of ice cream seem to help as well. I hate milk so I haven't tried drinking that.

This is just getting really old. It's not even 9am and I have raging heartburn from the oatmeal I ate. I don't know if I can stand 2 more months of this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-19-2004, 02:13 PM

I've had the same issue through my pregnancy - in fact, it's been my biggest and only major complaint. I put up with it and tried to manage it naturally most of the way through, but at about 30 weeks it got worse and became truly painful and almost unbearable. I resisted doing it, but I finally started taking Pepcid AC. WOW, what a difference! I don't know how set you are against taking anything like that, but it made a world of difference for me.

Hope you feel better, one way or another!
Megan
#3 of 5 Old 05-19-2004, 02:24 PM

gosh, i know what you're going through. with ds i drank gallons of milk and survived. this time i don't wanna drink milk to avoid dairy allergy in the baby, so what else is there to take? i tried homeopathics, nux vomica does the trick about as good as tums, but 20 mins later the hb is back. the only good thing about this is, really, no matter what you drink or eat, it gives you hb. so you don't have to fry your brain trying to figure out what causes it and enjoy the chocolate and greasy foods as well as the healthy stuff, lol.
but seriously, i can take a week straight of backpain and hippain over a day of heartburn.
hang in there, mama...
#4 of 5 Old 05-19-2004, 04:58 PM

I hear you, mama! Even water, which doesn't seem physically possible, gives me heartburn. It gets old real quick, huh?
I had hb horribly all through preg #1, and finally resorted to carrying tums with me at all times. I guess the old-wives'-tale is true, 'cuz my DD was born with a headful of thick, lush hair. This preg the hb is back (oh joy) and I've tried a couple of herbal teas and such, but am back to the tums again. I try to rationalize it by thinking of all the calcium I'm getting. My OB said Pepsid was fine to take, if I just couldn't stand it anymore. That's my next step, I think. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
#5 of 5 Old 05-19-2004, 07:19 PM

I'm with you too! It just started at 33 weeks, but it can't go away soon enough!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page