Natural treatment for PUPPS? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
does anyone know if PUPPS and eczema are related? I've had eczema on and off my whole life but it's always really bad when I'm pg.

also, are you guys drinking the stinging nettle tea or putting it on your skin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 01-11-2008, 08:46 PM

OK, I picked up Dandelion Root capsules and Nettle Tea today. How much do drink--1-2 cups a day? The Dandelion Root bottle says to take 3 capsules 3xday. That seems a bit much.
Oh, and I'm only 15 weeks, and about going crazy, and driving DH crazy too. This cannot go on! Ahhhh!
#33 of 43 Old 01-12-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
dandelion root capsules and omega-3 fatty acids.
yup! I was getting crazy itchy (no rash or anything, just that vague itchiness that won't quit!) and used a couple doses of capsulated dendelion root as well as flax seed oil-in two days it was gone. I've been fine for almost a week.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#34 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 AM

3 weeks after I delivered my son (12-07-07) I was diagnosed and prescribed Prednasone for 10 days. I've healed somewhat but still have the itching on my inner thighs and inner arms. My ob says that it would eventually go away but I don't think I can take it much longer. My legs are so badly scarred from the tiny scabs it is ridiculous!!!!
Where can I find Nettles and how much do I take? What about the Dandelion Root capsules, how much of those should I take as well?
PLEASE HELP!
#35 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 AM

Hi Mama...

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this HORRIBLE rash. I had it for the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy with DD and I was absolutely miserable! Here is a site that has TONS of information...

http://www.tcinternet.net/users/krit...aomi/PUPPP.htm

Also, if it hasn't already been mentioned...try the PUPPS Relief Soap from Ranier Soapworks...it worked wonders for me! Here's the link...

http://www.rainiersoapworks.com/puppp_relief.htm

Good luck and you WILL get through this....hang in there!

Mama to DD 4/07 and DS 1/11.  Missing my Zejah Grace (Born sleeping at 39 weeks 6 days) 2/3/10
#36 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM

So sorry to all you PUPPPS sufferers... BTDT!

Dandelion Root 3 capsules/3x day is what did it for me - but you've got to do it religiously and I didn't see any results until about 5 days and by a week it was gone completely! It did seem to keep progressing the first few days I was taking them so don't be discouraged. And don't be a dummy like me and just stop taking it when you run out b/c the rash is gone... it will come back! And it will take another week to get it to go away!!!

For immediate relief, I found Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap to be pretty helpful for a few days.
#37 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM

as a PP said, rainier soapworks PUPPP relief soap is amazing! i got PUPPPs at around 33 weeks in my last pregnancy, it was everywhere!!!! I found the soap while up at night searching the internet due to itching keeping me awake :
My PUPPPs were gone before i gave birth! I bought 2 bars but i only had to use one, so if anyone is willing to give me their mailing address, I'm willing to mail it to you for free.
#38 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 05:23 PM

I don't know if this applies, but I just had a bad case of hives (I'm just 8 weeks along) and Clairitin helped give me some relief. It's also a class B drug. Just a thought. Sorry you all are dealing with this. I am hoping mine was a fluke.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#39 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Dandelion Root tincture is the typical natural remedy for it. I had it with my first and the DRoot cleared it up in a few days. Check the archives at gentlebirth.org for dosages.
#40 of 43 Old 01-21-2008, 06:02 PM

The hairdrier was my best friend for about two weeks (my PUPPS didn't appear until the end of my pregnancy). I'd aim at the spots that itched the worst just to get a little relief for awhile. *Nothing* has ever felt so good.
#41 of 43 Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM

I used Dandelion Root capsules and Flax oil. These were the only things that helped and I was in serious discomfort for two weeks prior. Good luck!
#42 of 43 Old 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM

Plain yogurt on your itchy spots is good for immediate itchy relief.Sounds crazy but it was my mom who told me and I trust her since she has 7 kids! Just left the Dr so I haven't tried dandelion root or nettles but I will!
#43 of 43 Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiscesMama24 View Post
Hi Mama...

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this HORRIBLE rash. I had it for the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy with DD and I was absolutely miserable! Here is a site that has TONS of information...

http://www.tcinternet.net/users/krit...aomi/PUPPP.htm

Also, if it hasn't already been mentioned...try the PUPPS Relief Soap from Ranier Soapworks...it worked wonders for me! Here's the link...

http://www.rainiersoapworks.com/puppp_relief.htm

Good luck and you WILL get through this....hang in there!
I was just coming to post the first link as well, I have it bookmarked. Scroll down about 2/3rds of the way to where it says "Herbal Treatments that Hypothetically Go to the Source of the Problem"

And someone had previously asked about 3 caps, 3x daily as a dosage. That sounds on the low end of effective to me, as per my midwife. Definitely take at least that amount. Not sure about postpartum dosing though.

I'd also add, do what you can to help your liver out: don't use chemical cleaners, toxic personal care products, drink more water - filtered, and with lemon, buy more organic, etc... Also I think the idea that PUPPS and a candida die off reaction can be confused is interesting...

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page