Mothering Forum banner

Fertility Challenged Graduates Winter 2015

28K views 854 replies 41 participants last post by  chuord 
#1 · (Edited)
Fertility Challenged Graduates - Winter 2015

This is a thread for those who have "graduated" from The Fertility Challenged Thread

Previous thread: Fertility Challenged Fall/Winter 2014

Due in June 2015

toothfairy2be - EDD June 1 - expecting #1 and #2 :surprise :surprise , IVF rainbow babies after 4y TTC, 2 mc & 2 cp
Littlekind - EDD late June, expecting #2 :storkgirl after repeat miscarriages
mountainmamagc - :surprise

Due in July 2015

splashingpuddle - expecting #3 & #4 :storkboy :storkboy

Due in October 2015

treehugger86 - EDD October 3rd expecting #1 :surprise

GRADUATE BABIES!!!
Sourire - Liliana May 8, 2014
Laggie - Casey & Jasper August 16, 2014
monkeyscience- Baby Yummy October 6, 2014
NaturallyMo - Miles November 4, 2014
mainebaby- Isidore November 13, 2014
Xerxella - Matt and Billy :candle born November 18, 2014
AutumnLaughing - Tara November 24, 2014
iixivboots - G & E December 28, 2014
Kewpie80 - Aedric & Harold January 14, 2015
shelley4 - Gestational carrier of BabyN January 15, 2015
tracyamber - Elon January 22, 2015
milk8shake - Lincoln February 3, 2015
alivewithyou- Charli Rae February 13, 2015
adiejan- Victoria & ScarletMarch 27, 2015
chuord- Felix & Amelia March 31, 2015
silverbird- Raven :candle April 7, 2015​

See less See more
#2 ·
If @mainebaby @Autumnlaughing @iixivboots or @kewpie80 would like the names of their babes or the correct birth date let me know and I will update. My mind just cannot remember specifics of anything right now!
@SplashingPuddle and @MountainMamaGC do you have a blurb you would like with your name on the roster?

Am I missing anyone?

Just as an aside… I don't know if it just the new MDC or it is because I use a Mac now but editing is AWFUL and tedious with this program!!!!

#3 ·
Subbing! I have trouble getting to the page I want on my phone. I hope you're doing ok kewpie ! I think I missed an update between pages 161 and 164 and can't get to it. Were her babies born?

#5 ·
@Tear78 last we heard she was being prepped for c-section early this morning. As far as I know there was no update as to if there was a complication that led to this nor has there been an update that they are here. You are another that we would love to hear updates on how your hard earned babes are doing & if you would be up to participating in a "fertility challenged" grads- grads/social thread!

#8 ·
Thanks toothfairy2b! I would love to participate in a postpartum thread! My first ddc started a private Facebook group. The reason I mention this is that it's tempting to post lots of baby pics but I never feel comfortable doing that on a public forum like this. Just a thought...I'd join either format :heart_eyes: kewpie sending you good thoughts!

Reactions: adiejan
#9 ·
@MountainMamaGC Sorry about missing your appointment and having to wait another week. So much unnecessary stress when your body is already working so hard to grow a baby! Hugs mama!

Update: I had my 20w scan today and we did not find out the genders! Baby B showed the goods a few times, I thought I saw lines and then my sister thought she did not so even speculating for baby B we have no idea. Not that we wanted to know but it was fun to guess anyway! Baby B is still breech and kicking baby A in the face constantly. It is Baby A's feet that I can feel all the time by my belly button. They were both mostly cooperative but we have to go back in 2 weeks to check the spine for baby A and another view of the heart for baby B. From what they could see they don't have any concerns, it is more just protocol. It seems like I will have appointments every 2 weeks from here on out.

#11 ·
@toothfairy2be - yep way organised! Go you!
Don't you love the decision making when this group gets motivated ;) go Tracy!

Reactions: tracyamber
#12 ·
Stalker subbing! :hide
I am so happy for all of you and excited to meet all the new babies who are coming soon! I just wanted to mention that in the new platform we do have the option of forming private groups. If you are interested, we can ask Cynthia Mosher, our Administrator.

#13 ·
And, BOOM! Look at all the activity. I like the idea of a PP thread and/or FB group. I'd love updates on some of those older grads already mentioned!

Hanging out for an update from Kewpie!

#14 ·
When you post can you mention if you DO NOT have Facebook so we can get an idea of whether that would be a good option for this group? I am in touch with a few MDC active participants and grads on Facebook who are not active here anymore. I like the idea of being able to share pictures more privately as well as the ease of having Facebook available on my phone whereas MDC does not work at all from my phone when it comes to posting photos.

#15 ·
Ohh!! Hey Guys! I just got an email that @toothfairy2be tagged me in the last thread. :) I miss you guys, it's so nice to see the still familiar screen names scrolling by. I am similar to another poster -- my DDC with my son (now two!!!) is a super active Facebook group and so easy to access. I do love Facebook for that, I would definitely be active in a group like this. Forums are just so hard for me to keep track of these days.

I'm 19+1 weeks pregnant with our second. :) Metformin worked like a charm and it only took me one cycle (after finally getting my period back at 19 months PP) to get pregnant. It's been a lot more exhausting but gone by pretty quickly. Our ultrasound is in two weeks and I can't wait to find out what we our having. Our son was born in the USA but we are in the UK now so looking forward to hopefully having a homebirth with our midwife here.

So exciting to see some of you who were in the Fertility one thread for a long time are now pregnant!!!

#16 ·
Stalker subbing too! I miss all you grads- you all are so knowledgeable! I am not a grad yet or even a grad grad but you all just give me such hope and your friendships mean a lot to me.

Best of luck @kewpie80

I agree it is tedious to edit in this new format @toothfairy2be

#17 ·
Hi everybody! My boys are keeping me very busy, although we're getting into a schedule by following the Baby Whisperer book.

I'm not really sure that I belong at MDC anymore... I wanted to breastfeed, but I couldn't make it work with twins - there are only so many hours in a day and also I couldn't feed both at once, so that made it too stressful, because one would be screaming while the other was nursing. This is day 3 of no breastfeeding and I'm sad about it, but it wasn't working for me and my kids prefer the bottle. Fighting them to get a boob into their mouth for a couple of ounces wasn't worth it.

I have a lovely stash of cloth diapers, but again, hadn't anticipated quite how frequently cloth would need to be changed compared to a disposable.

Basically we are doing whatever is easiest and gets us through the day, and my old crunchy ideals are not so important to me anymore.

So, I do love seeing all of the updates, but in general I'm not overly keen on hanging out here. I'd be interested in a facebook group though.

#20 ·
I think lots of DDC end up having some on FB and some here. So if you want to be in touch with @Laggie, for example, that'd be where to find her, and people like @tracyamber and I who don't do facebook will be here. (Full disclosure, I DO have facebook, and my interactions are very sparse - only for keeping up with family). I was also on the fertility challenged threads about 2 years ago when I was miscarrying, so I know laggie, souire and others but not as well because I wasn't super active - mostly read along.

mountainmama I am SOOO BUMMED for you that you missed the appt. How frustrating. When will you be rescheduled?
Toothfairy - this is a wonderful new thread, and I am amazed at how well you updated the main post. How do you remember everything? Thanks for taking it on.

AFM, this morning DS woke up with a high fever, and had peed the bed. Then he got a nosebleed. Then I finally charged out for work, and spilled my entire coffee up my coat sleeve, all over my arm and sweater. Then, I drove on a flat tire accidentally, traded cars with DH (who was home with DS anyway), and arrived late to school and didn't even set down my coat before students came in. One of those days where I had to just give up and let life happen. Not my worst day ever but I could have done without all that.
Then we went to a check up and the heartbeat is 155. The dr asked if we have questions and DS said (we've discussed it before) "how soon till baby can hear my voice and get to know me? so when she's born she's like 'oh i know that voice. that's brother.'" :grin:
Ultrasound in less than 3 weeks and I can't decide if I want to know gender or not!!

Kewpie thinking of you!!

#21 ·
Love seeing all the "old" faces! Congrats, @chicajones!

My DDCs have also completely moved to Facebook, and it makes me sad. I'm down for a private FB group with the relatively small number of ladies here I've gotten to know over the years, but I'm not joining 100+ near strangers and trusting them with my real name and face.

#22 ·
Well like @pokeyac mentioned we can ask our boss about making the mothering thread private. Regarding photos , I wasn't thinking it would become a photo fest....Lol but I guess that would be part of the social aspect. I was thinking it to be a supportive thread as well. My original idea is posted on the fall/winter thread. Humm , lots to think about. Maybe there will just have to be two groups, one here and one in facebook. That would be okay. Fwiw I heard that even if you make you photos private on facebook from others,Facebook has the rights to use your photos at some point and do what they want with them. That is why I never wanted pictures of my ds on there but I get a little worried about stuff like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Hi all:

I am down for either (FB or new thread) or both. If it were FB I would participate more - because I am on FB more, but I would miss those who are not on FB. I am FB friends with a few of the older grads (so I know Kewpie's news, but I won't share it...). Maybe both? I do agree that it is a little weird to keep posting my updates on the grads thread with a bunch of you who are newly (and not newly) pregnant, since my DD just turned 1. And anyway, I am not an official thread graduate, since I was on the IVF thread before it turned into the infertility thread. I don't even show up on the roster.

In other news, my dog is dieing. We are euthanizing him tomorrow. I am crushed. I love him so much I can't stand his pain. He is the sweetest and most loyal and most gentle guy I know. Until I was a parent I thought that one of the worst things in the world was your dog dieing - now I know that having to watch the pain of your 7 year old while his dog dies is much, much worse.

#30 ·
(so I know Kewpie's news, but I won't share it...).
I'm going to take this to mean that all is well. And that's all I really wanted to know. I'm sure she will update when she can, I was just starting to worry a tad!

I'm so sorry about your dog @rcr. My boys have been my saving grace through this awful journey, and they mean the world to me. I wish you peace as you say goodbye. RIP and run free over the rainbow bridge, little doggy.

Reactions: adiejan
#24 ·
I'm also up for either or both, ironically I also feel marginally safer on here. Mainly as Facebook changes it's privacy settings so much. However I'm happy to stay in touch whichever way.
Rcr - hugs on your dog, there's nothing that makes it easier, but know you are doing the kind and right thing xxxx

#25 ·
Hi everyone! I love the idea of a pp grad thread. I always felt like I was stalking the pregnant mamas (not a bad thing! exciting stuff). I use FB so would be in for that too. thanks for mentioning me in the other thread @toothfairy2be. A huge congrats to all the pregnant mamas. It's good seeing some of your names again.

rcr, I'm so so sorry about your dog. that is so hard.

An update on me.. my little guy is 17 months old now and is incredible. I love being his mama so much. We are doing really well. DH and I are starting to think about #2 (we were hoping pregnancy would kick start my body but it doesn't seem so). We have 6 embryos on ice. Problem is the hospital I birthed at forgot to give me my rhogam shot post birth and by the time I realized it (wasn't thinking properly after DS was born) it was too late. I'm looking into whether it's possible to test for antibodies. A recent picture, because I love seeing all the babes..

Attachments

#26 ·
@shesaidboom - So what's the problem with not getting the rhogam? I can't remember. (I'm Rh+, so never had to worry about it.) Also, what is (super cute!) ds's blood type? If he isn't Rh+, then it shouldn't be an issue no matter what.
@rcr - Argh, what a tease! Can we at least assume that Kewpie and her boys are all alive?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.