Mothering Forum banner

What would you make of this sonogram pic?

886 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  deenamathew 
#1 · (Edited)
I had my NT scan and everything was fine- but DH and I like to find out gender of our kiddos (we have 2 already, a boy and a girl). The tech said she'd check, and then said "Hmmm...looks like it could be a boy from this shot, but don't paint the nursery blue or anything".

From the picture attached, it looks like the baby is OBVIOUSLY a boy...however, when I showed it to several people, including my OB/GYN dad, they all said that that was way too big to be a penis and is probably the cord instead.

Clearly it is fine to wait another 3 weeks to find out for sure (hopefully), but now I'm overanalyzing this photo to death. Is this possibly anything other than a penis?!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree with your dad I'm afraid. That "penis" is almost down to babe's knees. If you google "boy ultrasound" you can see the difference. I also can't tell if the cord is going between babe's legs and obscuring whatever is there so, while I can't see the "girl lines" that may bd why. I think you'll have to wait until next time :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.