Cervix pregnancy (c-section scar pregnancy) - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By funfunkyfantastic

#1 of 9 Old 07-01-2015, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Cervix pregnancy (c-section scar pregnancy)

I recently found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant with twins but the twist is one baby is in my cervix and the other is behind my cervix. Both babies are completely fine, strong heart beats and normal development. I wanted to know if ANYONE has ever experienced this type of pregnancy and decided to continue with their pregnancy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-01-2015, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Can't say that I have, just wanted to reply to give you a little hope that someone is listening. I read up on that type of pregnancy and the typical outcome looks rather grim. I hope things go well for you though and that everything turns out fine. I'm not sure you will find other mothers here that have had the same situation as yours (an ectopic pregnancy + inter uterine pregnancy) is rather rare. If I had to guess I'd guess most who had the ectopic pregnancy had it removed due to the high risk of maternal death. You have a difficult decision to make and I wish you the very best. *hugs*
Ratchet likes this.

Last edited by funfunkyfantastic; 07-01-2015 at 11:58 PM.
#3 of 9 Old 07-02-2015, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Same response, and I am sorry I can't offer any help. I just wanted to wish you luck with your decision and the babies! *hugs*

#4 of 9 Old 07-02-2015, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Can't say that I have, just wanted to reply to give you a little hope that someone is listening. I read up on that type of pregnancy and the typical outcome looks rather grim. I hope things go well for you though and that everything turns out fine. I'm not sure you will find other mothers here that have had the same situation as yours (an ectopic pregnancy + inter uterine pregnancy) is rather rare. If I had to guess I'd guess most who had the ectopic pregnancy had it removed due to the high risk of maternal death. You have a difficult decision to make and I wish you the very best. *hugs*
An ectopic pregnancy would be located in the Fallopian tube - I don't believe this is the situation the OP is describing. Honestly I'm not sure how a fetus could attach within the cervix - that doesn't seem like a possible location to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Maybe the OP could come back an elaborate a bit so we could answer better.
#5 of 9 Old 07-02-2015, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
An ectopic pregnancy is just one which occurs outside the uterus. The most common location is the Fallopian tube but it can also occur on the ovary, in the cervical canal or in the peritoneal cavity.

Unfortunately there is not usually enough space to sustain full term growth. OP, I'm not sure what you mean by "behind the cervix" but I'm afraid, as the PPs have said, the news is not usually good. I'm very sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 9 Old 07-06-2015, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks you guys for the words of encouragement and hugs yes this type of case is very rare but I do believe God has a plan. My obgyn who has been practicing for over 20 years has told me that he has successfully delivered single and multiple births such as mine, its only been a few but that in itself gave me hope. The only explanation he could give me was that at the time of conception, my C-section scar acted as a wall/barrier and the implantation took place in my cervix. No the baby is not supposed to grow there but he said it can develop there, he just has to watch me very closely. Found out today that the other baby isn't developing right so, I am just trying to stay strong and let nature take its course. The baby that's inside my cervix is developing great and heard it's heartbeat and its very strong, my doctor is amazed because that's the one he was concerned about. Thanks again for the replies it made me feel better, and I have to remember when it looks impossible that's the perfect opportunity for God to show up.
#7 of 9 Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dont worry at all.
They both will be fine and gradually find space somewhere safer to cervix.
Also C- Section delivery is safe, and the Scar is below bikini , so its not shown also there are no after effects to it too.
#8 of 9 Old 08-25-2015, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I'm seriously praying that you are wrong about where that twin is. Because if you are wrong, and it's inside the uterus and attached to the top of the cervix, then you may have problems but you will likely be able to get through them. If it is actually inside the cervix, then the possible outcomes become desperately grim. Not miscarriage, but miscarriage and hemorrhaging.

I think either you or your OB are confused about the actual position of the embryo and you need to get that cleared up NOW.
#9 of 9 Old 08-26-2015, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Have you check with your OB about whether you've got an ectopic pregnancy or potential placenta previa yet? OB's response only works for placenta previa, so I'm still hoping that's what's going on.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page