Mothering Forum banner

Depression from morning sickness and exhaustion at 15weeks

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  profe 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm starting to get really depressed from the never ending morning sickness and exhaustion. I'm at 15weeks. Last night I slept 11 hours, and still woke up so tired I had to call out of my first meetings for work. I'm worried I'm going to lose my job, and at the very least I'm sure my co-workers are probably sick of dealing with my inability to do anything. I still feel nauseous all the time. All in all it's really getting me down.

I know people generally say that this should end in the next few weeks, but then I've also talked to people who had morning sickness and exhaustion straight through their 2nd trimester. I think not knowing when this will end (or if it will end) makes it feel like torture. My DH and friends are trying to be supportive, but none of them really know what this feels like. All my friends who have kids didn't have it anywhere near this bad.

I've been able to keep up walking 30-60 minutes a day, which has been good. But really it feels like every day I'm clawing through hour by hour, just waiting until I can go back to sleep. I cry all the time and feel completely useless. I'm seeing a therapist, which is helpful. I would love to hear from other women who have dealt with severe exhaustion and ongoing morning sickness and/or prenatal depression. I feel so alone in this, even when I have people around me who check in, just because they haven't experienced this at all.

Thanks everyone.
-B

See less See more
#2 ·
I am sorry :(

There was a link found between gut health and brain health and the doctor discovered that if she gave large doses of probiotics to her patients, they were able to go off their meds. I don't know if it would help because I know a lot of it is just mental exhaustion from the morning sickness, but it may help the morning sickness as well and also just overall help your health which may help you to feel better.

Pregnancy is a time of just crazy hormones and things anyway that sometimes we just can't change, but looking at diet always can help, even if just a little bit.

You are not alone, not everyone has a perfectly rainbow unicorn pregnancy. If you need sleep, sleep! You are growing a person and that takes ALOT! Don't feel useless, your body is doing so much that you have every excuse to rest as much as your body tells you to. :hugs:

#3 ·
I am sorry :(

There was a link found between gut health and brain health and the doctor discovered that if she gave large doses of probiotics to her patients, they were able to go off their meds. I don't know if it would help because I know a lot of it is just mental exhaustion from the morning sickness, but it may help the morning sickness as well and also just overall help your health which may help you to feel better.

Pregnancy is a time of just crazy hormones and things anyway that sometimes we just can't change, but looking at diet always can help, even if just a little bit.

You are not alone, not everyone has a perfectly rainbow unicorn pregnancy. If you need sleep, sleep! You are growing a person and that takes ALOT! Don't feel useless, your body is doing so much that you have every excuse to rest as much as your body tells you to. :hugs:
Thank you for that @rideswithchrist, I really appreciate it. That is a good idea to try taking a probiotic, I also have heard about the connection between probiotics and serotonin. I just wish I could crawl into a cocoon and hibernate until this phase is over. There are so many things that I used to do easily that now feel like herculean feats (work, cleaning, paying bills, responding to phone calls from friends, etc.). I think a lot of this is also tapping into how hard it is to be "ok" with not being able to do things. That's just not how I see myself or who I want to be, but I need to find a way to accept it.

#4 ·
It can be hard! But pregnancy is a different time for sure. I notice that I am REALLY cranky this pregnancy and get easily irritated by little things and people- so I know I am going to have to make it a point to stay away from people too long when I start getting bothered.

#5 ·
I'm so sorry that you are not getting a break yet. My nausea is turning the corner (in that it's not constant anymore), but two weeks ago I was so pissed off and sad about it all. I've been miserable for 8 weeks now, it is so hard to not be filled with despair when you feel like you are never going to be normal again. I know this isn't helpful really, but I wanted to say I get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.