Mothering Forum banner

6 weeks pg and tired, tired, tired! any advice?

942 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  KoalaMommy 
#1 ·
i'm about 6 weeks along- more or less. i usually have good energy goin', fresh flowers on the table, baked bread, clean mopped floors......

but these days i find it so difficult to just do the dishes. all i want to do is to sit and knit or sew...... even after a nice nap, i'm still tired!! i sleep well all night... but am still low on energy all day long. i had the same experience with my first pregnancy.

i would LOVE some tips on what worked for you through your pregnancies on keeping your energy going- herbal supplements? anything-
i'm taking Rainbow Light prenatals, but only 2-3 per day. i eat a great diet-

thanks for reading

#2 ·
I have no energy-boosting tips. My approach has been to accept it. My baby needs me to be still and use my energy for growing. This won't last forever. Each new part of my baby's development (esp. in the first two months) lasts just a few days; if it needs extra energy today, so be it.

I'm normally such a busy, driven sort of person that I would never have believed it would be so easy for me to relax like this! I do have times when I get frustrated. But it helps to have a partner who's always saying, "Remember that you ARE getting something done--something very important!"
and to look up what organs are developing right now. When I know that I'm making, say, vertebrae, I can lie back and imagine each little vertebra winking into existence and forming its proper shape and relationship to the others, and it doesn't seem so strange that I don't have much energy or attention for other things while I'm busy getting that right!

You can buy bread and let the floors get sticky for a little while. Your body is telling you to slow down for a good reason. It will pass in a few weeks or months.

...but if anybody else has energy-boosting tips, I'm listening!
I do need to be able to get myself off the couch and out of the house on time for an appointment once in a while!

#3 ·
thanks sweetie.
it helps to know that other mamas are in the same situation....
most days i'm in the flow- aware of my babe's needs- but some days, ahhhh... i'd just LOVE to have the floors nice and shiny.
if i give my dh enough time, he'll help me out.

i was thinking the other day that it's such a huge adjustment for the babe to come from the other side of the 'rainbow bridge' to my belly- to adjust to being a concrete being rather than something ethereal- and it probably needs peace and stillness in the first few months.

it's just so different this time around, with a little gal running around. at the same time, it's so awesome to see my dd kiss my belly and want to feed the babe its vitamins.

so. thanks, envirobecca!

#4 ·
I recently got some. I add about 2 teaspoons to my 32 oz water bottle. It makes my water green, but I like the mint taste, and keeping hydrated helps. I was really dragging yesterday, and took some in my water, and felt a LOT better afterwards. Not sure if that was it, or what, but I'm sold on it.

#5 ·
If you can stand the smell of anything right now, peppermint EO in a burner gives me lots of energy! Also, Floradix (in pill form) helps me SO much! I also like the advice to just accept it. I've learned through a few L O N G pregnancies that accepting it is definately the way to go. It all goes so fast!

#6 ·
Sleep!

You probably need the extra rest, so take a nap in the afternoon. If your diet is good, and your taking a good prenatal, you probably just need a lot of rest. Don't forget what your body is doing right now, there's a whole lot of vital organ formation taking place. Personally, I get tired after working on some muscle tissue formation, which is no where near as significant.

Don't try to trick your body into doing more than it's telling you it can. Just relax and rest and know that your energy will improve. You may find you need a nap still even after the first trimester, I know I sometimes do. I love sleep, the baby is giving me a great gift: an excuse to rest!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.