Are You Focused on Fitness During Pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Are You Focused on Fitness During Pregnancy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pregnant-mama-stays-fit-during-pregnancy-768x497.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	48914

Quote:
"Maternity pictures are taking all forms these days, but one pregnant mama in Connecticut didn’t want the flowy dress and garden setting. She wanted photos that showed her fitness journey throughout pregnancy." Pregnancy Doesn’t Stop This Mama From Doing CrossFit
Are you focused on fitness during pregnancy?

Do you still exercise regularly?

"Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 02-28-2017, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrainfire View Post
I'm focused on doing what feels right and these days doing yoga feels right and the occasional walk around the neighborhood. I've never been heavily into fitness, though--I like to keep fit and feel good but "working out" and being hardcore about it doesn't resonate with me.
It has been many years since I have been pregnant, but even back then doctors told us that if we did it before pregnancy (exercise) we can do it during pregnancy. Our bodies seem to have a magical way of telling us what is right for our own bodies. I walked daily back then and still do today. It's my escape...

"Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
#3 of 10 Old 03-25-2017, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm still going to the gym twice a week and walking on the treadmill at home another 3-5 days. But I'm only 7 weeks and I'm battling tiredness right now. I had lost 20lbs before I got pregnant though, and I really don't want my weight to spiral out of control.

#4 of 10 Old 06-07-2017, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yep! I'm a beachbody coach (currently doing Insanity and 21 Day Fix) and I'm also a runner. I'm listening to my body and definitely feeling the exhaustion, but trying to stay active. It's so important to keep up your activity levels when pregnant, as much as you can!

Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mama to Nora(8)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18
#5 of 10 Old 06-07-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corson View Post
I'm still going to the gym twice a week and walking on the treadmill at home another 3-5 days. But I'm only 7 weeks and I'm battling tiredness right now. I had lost 20lbs before I got pregnant though, and I really don't want my weight to spiral out of control.
The tiredness is REAL, girl! I'm right there with you! I refuse to gain a 5 year old this time, lol!

Carrie
mama to Nora(8)
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18
#6 of 10 Old 09-15-2017, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Yep! I'm a beachbody coach (currently doing Insanity and 21 Day Fix) and I'm also a runner. I'm listening to my body and definitely feeling the exhaustion, but trying to stay active. It's so important to keep up your activity levels when pregnant, as much as you can!
It's an excellent program and works great! Glad to have you here!
#7 of 10 Old 09-26-2017, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fitness leads to health but take care in special months where you are not supposed to do heavy activities.
#8 of 10 Old 09-27-2017, 02:11 AM

Since I've been doing pilates twice a week before my pregnancy, the doctor said it's fine to continue. Obviously some things I should avoid. In any case don't start a new type of exercise during pregnancy.
#9 of 10 Old 10-05-2017, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
During each of my pregnancies, I did free weights, weightlifting, bicycling, walking, running, and the stationary Lifecycle level 6.

It did not make labor very easy, but I was able to endure labor and recovered very quickly! I was able to bicycle to the gym and do an exercise class hours after my second homebirth.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~
#10 of 10 Old Today, 12:04 PM

I completely lost interest in going to the gym when I found out I was pregnant, because the fatigue and morning sickness then cold/flu illness that followed was just so overwhelming. I barely got off the couch for 6 weeks. But after that I've made an effort to do some walking on most days, because I've heard that being fit and healthy can make for an easier labour (not sure if that's true, this is my first). I would just take it easy, and try not to overheat. Walking and swimming are recommended as good exercises during pregnancy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page