Nausea in the last weeks of pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2004, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having bouts of nausea for the past three days. This has never happened in my other pregnancies. Has anyone else had this? I have a doctor's appt this afternoon. Could this be a sign that labor is coming soon?

It's miserable. I really had planned to make a big pot of spaghetti sauce today to get into the freezer and I right now I JUST can't imagine doing it!

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 01:48 PM

I get horrible nausea before bedtime in the last 5-8 weeks of pregnancy. I always have. In fact, its started a little bit now.

Joyfully- Laura
radically unschooling 3 awesome kids
Old 07-13-2004, 02:36 PM

I did with my first pregnancy... it was so awaful that i couldn't even keep food down for 3 days then my midwife gave me a prescribtion of some pill that helped 100% with it... it was either take the pill or have the baby at 35 weeks because i was getting so sick... didn't happen with the last pregnacy and hasn't with this one so far...
Old 07-13-2004, 03:29 PM

I still have some nausea, it has never really gone away fully this pregnancy. But recently what I have found that helps when I am really feeling it is to eat more protein, make sure my B vitamin levels are up and Calcium, magnesium and iron is okay too. Usually this makes the difference. Maybe b/c it is in the last part of the pregnancy your body is using up stores??? Water too, drink something cold and refreshing. It's almost over!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:20 PM

my first three pregnancies were hellish in that i threw up enough to lose 30 lbs each time, but that hasn't happened with #4 (i'm 38 weeks too). however, this pregnancy i've been sick the entire time... throwing up 2 or 3 times a week all the way through. the nausea pretty much quit with the others by about 20 weeks, so this has been an unpleasant surprise, to say the least!

it hasn't been significantly worse for me towards the end, but i can say that my experience has led me to believe that pregnancy in general just wreaks havoc with your digestive system, and it's not predictable just how either.

all i can say, mama, is that we're in the home stretch!

(oh, and spaghetti sauce would do me in right now... onions, tomatoes, garlic... yikes! even a little cilantro makes my heartburn flare up...)

with sympathy,

katje

User Tag List