Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nm

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#2 of 14 Old 07-15-2004, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I can't help you, because I am in the same boat. Mine is getting better then it was, it's not every night now, but it still is really uncomfortable. I looked in all my preg. books and couldn't find alot of help. Maybe someone else will know.
Sandy

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#3 of 14 Old 07-15-2004, 07:53 PM

Slippery Elm bark might help. Take the powder, mix with honey and eat following with drinks of water. I've been there ladies, lay on your tummies if you still can it will force it out (and DH will be SO inpressed)
#4 of 14 Old 07-15-2004, 08:01 PM

Are you constipated? Constipation causes gas. Drink lots of water, exercise, fiber, etc. On the other hand, eating a lot of fiber causes gas, too, so you have to find a balance.

This is going to sound um....weird, but when you are feeling the gassiness and you know it needs to come out, get in knees chest position-you know, with your bum way up in the air and your chest flat on the ground, and the gas will "rise to the top" so to speak.
#5 of 14 Old 07-15-2004, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had really bad gas in the first weeks of my pregnancy too, bad enough to wake me up during the night.

What helped me was to make a mug of hot tea and put in a lot (and I mean a lot!) of lemon juice. It doesn't taste great and I don't know why it worked for me, but it did. If I drank it before I went to bed at night then I usually wouldn't wake up with gas cramps.

Good luck!

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#6 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 01:21 AM

also consider trying food enzymes or beano?

k
#7 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 01:57 AM

Gas-X is pretty much the same stuff we give babies for gas. Works wonders as i had some of the most painful gas at the beginning of this pregnancy.

I have used slippery elm for acid problems, never knew it worked for gas also.
#8 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 03:47 AM

I'm not pg, but I had TERRIBLE gas a week or so ago, and I had some fennel seeds laying around, and had some of them- about 3 small handfuls. Almost immediately the gas was gone. I was in the same position you were, doubled over in pain.
#9 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 04:43 AM

I had gas horribly with my first two pregnancies. People think it sounds funny - but it can be very painful. I would look like I'd swallowed a watermelon whole. I wasn't very into herbs then so I used gas-x. Even my midwives said it was fine - somehow it passes through your system or something.

I hope you feel better. I know it can be miserable.
#10 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 04:47 AM

wierd blank post
#11 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 10:11 AM

I don't want to scare you are anything, but I had that same problem with 3 of my pregnancies. It was so bad all I could do was lay on the couch and beg dh to go to the store for some gas-ex for me. It was painful!

During my 3rd pregnancy I ended up with serious gallbladder problems and had it removed when I was 20 weeks along. It was the sourse of all of my digestive problems that I had come to accept as normal. I have never had painful gas since then.

I just wanted you to know because gallbladder problems are common in pregnant women. It took a long time for the docs to figure out what was wrong with me....like 2 months of constant gallbladder attacks....nearly every time I ate anything.

Oh, peppermint tea works wonders for gas pain, and some digestive enzymes would really help as well.
#12 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 11:25 AM

Gas-X is the only thing that ever worked for me.
#13 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Where can I buy digestive enzymes? What are they? How do they affect me/baby? I'm following the Bradley Method and reading up, it says not to take anything at all. I don't want to suffer, but I definitely don't want to take meds.

Thanks

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#14 of 14 Old 07-16-2004, 01:30 PM

With #1, I had a gas pain experience so bad it left me unable to move, doubled over on the floor of the Walmart bathroom! They loved that. Then I had to drive home--woopie!!!
I bought a bag of anise seeds and chewed on them, kinda texturally gross, but they got the gas out quickly for sure. I bet anise tea would work too, but I had to have something quick.

With this pregnancy I have found Papaya Enzyme tablets very helpful for every stomach problem, esp. gas. I got mine at Kmart.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page