measuring small for 36 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2004, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
undefined

This is my third pregnancy. My previous two were normal pregnancies and deliveries. My third one so far has been going great. Better than the first two. But my doctor doesn't like the way I'm measuring at 36 weeks. My fundus height is only at 32cm. I went for an ultrasound and everything came back positive. Just showing the baby is on the low end of the baby scale for this time period. This baby is very active and the heart rate has been in the 140 range throughout my pregnancy. Has anyone else experienced this problem or are experiencing this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2004, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had this. In fact, I had a client measuring at 31cm at 40 weeks! She went on to birth a 6lb 4oz baby girl around her due date. No complications with the birth!

Sounds really normal, especially if baby is low in your pelvis or curled up more. It's nice that you're getting great activity.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:49 AM

I've measured small with all three of my pregnancies (at 41 weeks with Lars I was only measuring 35). I think it is a combo of two things: 1. I am very long waisted and baby has a lot of room to "hide" from the measuring tape and 2. I must have a large pelvis, because my first baby and this one were both head down and well into the pelvis by 32 weeks (my second didn't drop down there until 36 weeks).

If your u/s turned out fine I would really try to let it go. My first and second baby were both just over 8 pounds (not huge, but not small either).
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 AM

I am also measuring small...35 weeks at 38 weeks last week and we will see what I measure this week.
I also had an US and showed all is well and my baby's HB has been anywhere from 140-155.
I found this great link on measuring small if you want to do some reading made me feel better..hth
scroll down the page to measuring your fundal height:

http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=6625&page=2

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Old 07-26-2004, 11:04 AM

My dd measured smaller than dates throughout her 3rd trimester and looked tiny.I think it was all positional.Her baby weighed 7lb 13 oz and surprised us all.I was expecting 6 lbs. I would go to www.spinningbabies.com and try some of the positioning things they recommend as you get closer to your due date to make sure baby is in an optimal position.In my dds case baby wasnt - she was in a wierd position that made for a long labor(she would have been C-sectioned for sure if she had tried to deliver in a hospital) because the babes head wasnt presenting in an optimal position. Hugs,Catherine

User Tag List