Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 08-06-2004, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamid
Midwife just left.

Bun's now transverse.. head facing my right hip.

But, of course, midwife is once again talking ultrasound... *rollseyes*

So, she's halfway there...
Pulsatilla 30 C daily for 3 days sometimes helps breech babies turn in case nobody else mentioned it. It worked for me.

Who stole my signature!
#32 of 51 Old 08-06-2004, 09:30 PM

Mamid, that's just the position my DS was in! Transverse, facing my right hip, from 32 weeks on. He turned down right around the middle of the 36th week and engaged LOW and was born vaginally just a few days later.
#33 of 51 Old 08-06-2004, 10:11 PM

Hooray for baby Bun! Hang in there Mamid, it sounds like she's on the right track.
#34 of 51 Old 08-09-2004, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Bun's breech again. *sigh* But in the middle of the visit, Bun started to slide transverse. ARGH!

Midwife had "the talk" with us today. The "standard protocol for care in BC" is that all breechs are cesareans. There are no, Repeat No vaginal breech births in BC.

so i go for an ultrasound tomorrow.

But apparently I have "lots of room" in my belly for baby to move. This is both a good and a bad thing. It means that if I go into labour and Bun's anything other than vertex, the midwife will shy away from a homebirth.

'scuse me while I go cry...
#35 of 51 Old 08-09-2004, 06:29 PM

im so angry that you have to deal with this. if i were you, i woiuld seriously consider taking a trip to the farm in tenessee, or some other place where the practitioners are experienced in vaginal breech, and stay there until i delivered. having a c-sec for your 1st birth sucks! then you'll have to go through the whole VBAC protocol- you'll always be "high risk". dont let them do that to you. breech is normal.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#36 of 51 Old 08-09-2004, 06:41 PM

It's more ridiculous that that, even. Mamid has older kids and a "proven" pelvis.

I hope bun decides to go flipside for you.

Is travelling into another province or the US an option for you?

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#37 of 51 Old 08-09-2004, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What about an external version? Moxabustion? Homeopathic Pulsatilla??
#38 of 51 Old 08-09-2004, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Proven pelvis twice over. 8lbs 5oz nearly 11 years ago, and 9lbs 8oz two years ago.

That didn't even come into the argument. Proven or unproven. Its the entire "standard of care" and what the obs are "comfortable" doing. I'd have to wait until nearly the end of my labour to go into the hospital and hope they didn't have enough time to go for a section. Or that it was too late at night and they'd have to wake everyone up...

The farm or anything off island is out. We simply don't have the money. It costs a minimum 40$ just to get the car over the straight by ferry. 10$ for each of us too. And with the open CPS investigation, I can't just dissapear for the birth. It would be an automatic admission of guilt to them even though we have been bending over backwards to deal with their "issues." And refusing a cesarean could be interpreted as "medical neglect" or "innapropriate medical treatment."

Then there's the entire "prior birth GBS+" issue. My midwife is asking me to write up a birth plan. I don't think I can because it would cause her too many problems.

I just know I don't want a section. I go for two more chiro treatments this week and DP is getting the stuff for moxibustion on his way to work (he does late shift). I'll check the local health food store for the homeopathic stuff tomorrow. I can't lie inverted because I get light headed within seconds and doing it while my son's up and around just isn't smart.

I'm going to go back to knitting... I need something for stress relief.
#39 of 51 Old 08-10-2004, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Had the ultrasound I didn't really want today...

and the news is...

BUN IS VERTEX!!!!

Happy preggo dance!!
#40 of 51 Old 08-10-2004, 11:12 PM

Way to go little Bun!
#41 of 51 Old 08-11-2004, 12:17 AM

Yeah! What a relief! If at all financially possible, I'd keep doing the chiro---it can be SO beneficial.

Way to go !

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#42 of 51 Old 08-11-2004, 12:31 AM

YAY!!!!

Did you feel the baby flip?
#43 of 51 Old 08-11-2004, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I think Bun was always vertex, honestly. The "bobble" the midwife called the head I felt on the U/S table was the butt.

I guess my children just have a lot of room to move. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I'm going for one more chiro appointment - Friday. Then I'll think about more before the birth. I have a max of 10 of them at 7$ each before my insurance makes me pay for the entire thing out of my own pocket.

We also did moxibustion last night. What was funny is that it was really expensive to buy. One Whole Canadian Dollar!:
#44 of 51 Old 08-11-2004, 08:57 AM

Congrats!
#45 of 51 Old 04-26-2006, 02:29 AM

Yayyyyyyy!!!!! Now, squat, squat, plie, plie, plie...........LOL

This happened to me, only my little guy was 37 weeks and it was my first baby. Medwife began the "we need to start thinking about a possible c-section if he doesn't turn.." speech. I cut her off, told her it wasn't an option and she was pretty curt with me after that. I was pretty upset......called my mom and we went to go see the Amish midwife near my Grandma's house in central Pa (who is fabulous, btw). She was so calm and non-threatening......asking me if she could just feel my tummy a bit. She very gently rubbed my tummy, humming to herself......and I felt him flip. "Ahhh, there he goes..." she said. Then she asked me if I could do a couple deep squats to encourage him to stay there, which I gladly did. She noticed me sitting with my ankles crossed a bit later and very gently suggested I might avoid doing that til he was born.....especially not crossing my legs at the knees. Common sense tells me that crossed knees and even crossed ankles pushes the baby up.

Anyway...just wanted to pop in and say congrats!

Lisa
#46 of 51 Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 AM

Yes good for you! My mw thought my baby was breech too. I finally consented to an US (very unhappily) bc I was quite sure I was feeling my baby head down. Baby bums don't hiccup and I don't think it can head butt my ribs like that....
The US quickly confirmed I was right. And still, at each prenatal my mw makes a point of telling me how much that "bobble" of a butt feels like a head. It sounds to me like she is still trying to make her self sound better for being so wrong about baby's position. (Gee, the baby is in my body and I was right- is that such a surprise?)
#47 of 51 Old 04-26-2006, 08:08 PM

Congratulations!!
#48 of 51 Old 04-26-2006, 08:52 PM

This thread dates from August 2004
#49 of 51 Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpear
This thread dates from August 2004
NO wonder I was so baffled by this thread. I was thinking to myself, mamid is preggers?
#50 of 51 Old 04-27-2006, 02:28 PM

well, I found it by searching for breech in the title, and it's been very helpful!
#51 of 51 Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM

In addition to moxibustion, you might want to try homeopathy. Pulsatilla has a track record of use with breech presentations.
Ideally see an experienced homeopath if you can, but if you can't, Pulsatilla might help, and, as with most homeopathics that you can get at a health food store, it's not very likely to do any damage.

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page