Pain/Cramping at 17 weeks?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2004, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still having lots of cramping and various other pain at 17 weeks. It feels similar to the kind of cramping that happens early in pg when the uterus is growing rapidly. I had severe cramping for most of the first trimester and it has continued till now. I also have lots of lower back and hip pain as well as sharp abdominal pain from time to time. Is this some variation of normal, or should I be concerned. This is my 3rd pregnancy so its not like my uterus hasn't done it before. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 01:44 PM

Round ligament pain? I'm having it too. Annoying, but I think pretty harmless.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was having a lot of cramping the last few weeks, like menstrual cramps. What my problem was, was that I wasn't drinking enough water, I should know that by now. As soon as I upped my intake, the cramping went away.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Old 11-14-2004, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Its definitely cramping. I am drinking lots of water, but maybe I should try more. It is just constant pain, I feel like my uterus is growing continually and it is the stretching that hurts. Very strange and I am so tired of it Ah well, add that to the list of discomforts I have this time around. Thankfully it is all worth it

Old 11-14-2004, 04:49 PM

i'm almost 19 weeks, and i've been getting lot of lower abdominal/pelvic cramping along with lower back cramping a lot this pregnancy. my pelvis has the feeling of already starting to loosen and separate. my whole groin area is sore, and my perineal area and tooshie are sore too. i think it's all just normal for the third time around. at least that's what i'm telling myself LOL
Old 11-14-2004, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Figures!! You would think that after expanding to great sizes 2 times in the past 4.5 years my uterus would be an old pro!! Instead she whines and complains at every little growth spurt and causes me all kind of trouble :LOL I am glad to hear I am not the only one (or maybe reassured would be a better word for it), but sorry you mamas are having the same troubles.

Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 PM
nym

at 15 weeks I am starting to get cramping a lot too.. I didn't get much the first time around!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:43 PM

I'm getting it this time around too, sounds like it's normal. I've also been getting these pains in my back that go up to my chest and into my throat making me feel like I can't breath. Weird pregnancy symptoms all around.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:49 PM

I too, am feeling loads of cramping. This is my 3rd pregnancy & I do not remember this from before. I have heard it said, that with each pregnancy the things we feel, are much more intense. I really believe that!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 11-16-2004, 02:31 AM

Yeah, I'm not pregnant but...

A friend of mine just had her 3rd baby. She said that she never had any aches or pains with the first 2. The 3rd pg about killed her. She was always crampy and sore and just tired. She had her first 3 in 3 years.

Good luck!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)

User Tag List