Had a fight with husband and now scared and sad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2004, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ughhh! What a terrible night!
Im 25 wks. preg. and coming home from MIL house tonight, me an DH had a huge arguement. It rairly happens so this is the first time since I've gotten pregnant. I was feeling lots of resentment to MIL for various reasons and unfairly took it out on DH. These pregnancy emotions are so hard for me to deal with! I was screaming and crying, and the whole time I could feel my baby moving inside of me. The still-thinking-clearly part of my brain kept saying "YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS!" "YOUR SCARING YOUR BABY!" but I just couldnt stop myself.
It was resolved by the time we got home and then poor DH had to hold me for an hour while I cried and told him what a horrible mother I'm going to make. He reassured me that arguements happen and to not feel bad but, I feel like crap! I feel that I've emotionally hurt my baby in some way. I know it's not logical but I think "If i can react this way while I'm pregnant what is going to stop me when he's born." Even if its only a couple times a year I hate to think of living that way! I'm feeling so guilty and sad. Has anyone else felt this way after a fight while preg.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2004, 06:21 AM

I have felt that way. My blood pressure is directly tied with my emotions and I can literally feel it rise. With the pregnancy, I do feel the baby kick more in emotionally stressed situations.

Sometimes I worry about loosing it with my babies. I know its just the hormones talking, but I am still concerned.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:47 AM

Oh hon, I know how you feel! Especially with my last pregnancy I was such an unreasonable b*** to DH at times - and then spend next 2 hours in tears appologizing for my behaviour :

I am not an expert on how your present emotions can affect your baby now, but one thing I can say - the "swings" went away after I had a baby. Actually, even earlier then that - in my third semester I was very calm.

So, I would not set yourself up for becoming an unruly mother just yet

Oh, and another thing (just have to throw that in) - breastfeeding calms you down too
Old 11-26-2004, 10:49 AM

Emotions sometimes flairs... don't be afraid to talk to your baby after... explain how you feel and reassure that it's not your baby's fault...

I'm a big beleiver of prenatal communications

Just talk to your baby as if he/she was already in your arms.

Our love is the best shield against stress for our babies

Valérie   

User Tag List