I have started to interview homebirth midwives. There's a number of good threads here with general questions to midwives (this thread gives links http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=194306
). So far I only had 1 interview, but I have realized that I also want to ask more specific questions about how they will handle different situations, and not just general questions. I asked some of those questions (like how long she feels comfortale to let the placenta come out and what she does if it doesn't come out during that time), but I would like help in putting more of thoise questions together.
here's what I have so far:
1. how long she is comfortable with going post dates, does she monitor mother and baby if I go over
2. how long for placenta to come out. what happens if it does not come out during that time
3. what if my water breaks and contractions do not start
4. what if I am in labor for days
5. what if my labor is just progressing slowly (not fod days, but just slow)
6. postpartum bleeding handling
7. breech baby handling
8. shoulder distocia handling
9. what emergencies could arise during labor and birth, and how they will be handled. what emergency equipment will you have on hand
10. how do you monitor mom and baby during birth
please add to my list anything you ca think of. thanks!