Please share your earliest pregnancy symptoms! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 01-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tested the day my period was due, and it was positive. :LOL

Prior to that, I'd been waking up in the middle of the night with heartburn. I can remember thinking, "I better be pregnant, because if I'm just getting heartburn for no apparent reason, I'll be pissed."

Right after getting my BFP I got tired, really tired. I also noticed a heightened sense of smell.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 65 Old 01-21-2005, 04:02 PM

I conceived 6 weeks prior to my wedding date, although I didn't confirm I was pregnant until a month after our wedding. I was in denial, obviously. Hindsight is 20/20. My breasts were MUCH more tender than prior to my period and I was completely exhausted and napped whenever I had the chance. I chalked it up to all the pre-wedding excitement. I should have had a clue when beer began to taste awful and my sense of smell became extremely keen. We honeymooned in Hawaii and the scent of the island nauseated me. I was never nauseated to the point of vomiting, but I felt like I had constant heartburn for the first trimester. The only things that helped my stomach were Perrier water and peppermint flavored altoids. Prior to finding out I was pregnant, I would occasionally smoke Marijuana and it helped my nausea tremendously. I was haunted by this the rest of my pregnancy for fear something we be wrong(I have a healthy 8 year old and could relate to the article in Mothering a few months back about Marijuana in pregnancy. That's my 2 cents...

Angie

Angie: mama to Erika and Ani: dw to Ole:::
#63 of 65 Old 01-21-2005, 04:03 PM

W/ds I got super tired and weepy.

This time I turned into a raging bitch towards dh who's breath smelled disgusting. My vulva was engorged which is a very strange feeling to have. Dh claims I'm further along than I think I am, we'll find out at the next midwives appointment if he's right.
#64 of 65 Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM

I just knew. I just knew with my first even though we weren't TTC, and I just knew with this one (we were TTC) and I tested positive 4 days before my period was due. I just feel different, and even though I can't put my finger on it exactly and describe it, I felt exactly the same way with my second pg.

Emily
#65 of 65 Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM

re: Sohj's post: The first symptom was that my dog (bitch) got really, really submissive. She had never been a dominator, but then she was practically crawling to me on her belly.

Scenario: Alpha female in the pack gets pregnant. All other females quiver in fear. (She's a dobie mutt, by the way.)

That's hilarious because my female dobie mutt is also acting very weird around me. She's extremely sucky and comes over and leans on me and needs to be pet all the time - more than her usual sucky self even! I'm only 6 weeks and have known for about 2 weeks, but I can't remember if my dog was like this before I even knew about it. The cat couldn't care less....

My earliest symptoms were sore breasts - very sore, now I have the headaches, gas pains, nausia and tiredness as well. Oh the fun.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page