new moon and baby birth rates? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-09-2005, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all! iv'e heard how lots of babies have been known to be born on a full moon, but what about a new moon? does this have any effect? I was due the 7th, and theres a new moon tomorrow. So i was wondering if the new moon will have the same gravitational pull or something? Thanks for any info, or websites where i can read on it. I was trying to look for some but haven't found any. Thanks!
#2 of 17 Old 01-09-2005, 02:28 PM

I really am not sure, I've heard that a new moon still can have an effect, but I really have no idea if there's any truth to it. Hopefully there is, and it'll work for both of us. I was due Dec. 30.
#3 of 17 Old 01-09-2005, 02:31 PM

DH's sister is a midwife and she says there is no relation - there are just as many babies born in a full or new moon as in any other time.

I was overdue with each pregnancy and EVERY TIME the moon changed and it did not effect me at all... I was really hoping it would.
#4 of 17 Old 01-09-2005, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

wow! i was going to ask if this was your first baby, but i see it's your second. If i'm already anxious, i bet your much more!!! well i just read about the tides, and the gravitational pull is the strongest with both the new and full moon-whenever the earth,moon,and sun are in alignment. So i think this is good news hopefully someone else knows!
#5 of 17 Old 01-09-2005, 02:35 PM

Oh I sure hope so, for all our sakes....my EDD was 01/01. I so want to have this baby. I really do not want to go to work, the work doesn't bother me, it is the fools that will not lay off "you didn't have the baby yet", "when you going in to labor?", 'Why don't you just have that baby already." I mean really people, like it isn't hard enough I need their crap too. Sorry just venting ......
#6 of 17 Old 01-10-2005, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

well i guess we'll have to see if there are any effects tonite or tomorrow...
#7 of 17 Old 01-10-2005, 01:32 AM

My mw claims a big increase of homebirths at new moons. Both my boys were born on full moons, go figure . I know two mamas who had their babies today

If someone asks if you've had the baby, say YES

(((Hugs))))

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#8 of 17 Old 01-10-2005, 01:48 AM

Heather~ Call in! I can't believe you're still working. I've still got 25 days til my due date and I am having a really really hard time going to work. I just want to be at home nesting and waiting for baby.

Don't know about the moon phases, but I've had my eye on Jan. 25's full moon for several weeks! I'll be ready if he is!
#9 of 17 Old 01-10-2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulvegan
Heather~ Call in! I can't believe you're still working. I've still got 25 days til my due date and I am having a really really hard time going to work. I just want to be at home nesting and waiting for baby.

Don't know about the moon phases, but I've had my eye on Jan. 25's full moon for several weeks! I'll be ready if he is!
Well, I am still pregnant, I have a mw appointment tomorrow....will ask to sweep the membranes again....

I had hoped for delivery on Dec 26th as that was the last full moon and we had a snow storm....then in the January 2005 mommas someone posted a link re women delivering under the same moon they were born under so I thought I would go 01/08 as that was a new moon and I was born under a new moon and delivered DD1 3 days prior to the new moon....

OH WELL, this babe will come when ready.

sigh....
#10 of 17 Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

hi heather, just wanted to mention that the new moon is today, the 10th, and not the 8th. maybe today will be the day you meet your baby!
#11 of 17 Old 01-10-2005, 01:12 PM

Oh, that is GOOD news.
#12 of 17 Old 01-11-2005, 02:25 PM

Thought you might find this interesting.............
I have heard that you are likely to give birth under the same phase of the moon that conception took place. It matched perfectly for all three of my births. This may be, because I give birth right at or very close to my due date, but thought it was interesting.........

Here is a good moon phase site if you want to look up the moon phase of your ovulation/conception and then find a matching moon phase around your due date: moon

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#13 of 17 Old 01-11-2005, 05:22 PM

cool site Brandi! I'm betting my baby will be born on the full-moon (I ovulated on the full moon so I suppose he was conceived on the full moon?). There is a full moon the day after my EDD!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#14 of 17 Old 01-11-2005, 06:06 PM

Ok, that would mean I would be having this baby (instead of March 2nd) on:

February 15 (38 weeks 1 day)
or
March 17th (42 weeks 1 day)

Oh... I so hope it is sooner than later :
#15 of 17 Old 01-11-2005, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I have heard that you are likely to give birth under the same phase of the moon that conception took place. It matched perfectly for all three of my births.
Of course it usually does. Women normally gestate for about 9 lunar months counting from conception. Thanks for the site. I love the moon and haven't had a nice moon calandar for a couple of years now.
#16 of 17 Old 01-11-2005, 11:56 PM

Well, I conceived DS during the 1st quarter and went into labor during a Full Moon. Of course, it might not have been more than prodromal labor, I made a mistake trusting my MWs and ended up in the hospital on a bunch of drugs, so I MIGHT have just held off until the 1st quarter, but...

If I do have this baby during the phase that I conceived, then he/she will be born right around 40 weeks.
#17 of 17 Old 01-12-2005, 01:30 PM

My third was born on the day of the new moon this past September. Our midwives said they definitely notice an increase in births around both the full and new moons.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page