How are you planning on taking care of yourself after the birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a bit nervous about #3. Any mental/physical comfort items, supplements, etc you are stocking up on now? I am planning on getting an herbal sitz bath to have on hand this time. It is something I really could have used, but too hard to send DH across town, etc. I also want to make sure to have plenty of food on hand, so we only have to go out if we want to. Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose angel
I am a bit nervous about #3. Any mental/physical comfort items, supplements, etc you are stocking up on now? I am planning on getting an herbal sitz bath to have on hand this time. It is something I really could have used, but too hard to send DH across town, etc. I also want to make sure to have plenty of food on hand, so we only have to go out if we want to. Any other ideas?
I am hiring a mother's helper that will help cook. I am also going to plan out the meals ahead of time, in fact I have already started looking for simple meals my family will eat. I am will also trying to keep everything stocked up so my DH doesnt have to run multiple errands.
#3 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 11:04 AM

I'm going to freeze a buch of meals and have the makings for crock pot meals on hand.

I'm going to try and stay in bed nursing for 3 days after birth. I just want to have the pressure off of me before I give birth. Nothing destresses me like coming home to a stocked pantry and a clean house.

Since this is my first I am looking for suggestions for physical comfort items.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#4 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 01:48 PM

ice cream. lots and lots of ice cream. :LOL

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#5 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 04:06 PM

I have started 'stocking up' on non-perishable foods & paper products, so that I won't have to explain what to get to someone else, or go and get it myself. Example - I already have 2 extra 12-packs of toilet paper, an extra 3-pack of paper towels, & a thing of extra napkins. I've already gotten two boxes of dd's favourite cereal and one box of her favourite snack bars. What I want to do between now and March is stock up more on cleaning supplies (laundry detergent and dishwashing detergent, really) and more foods that I know dd will eat with minimal amount of fuss (more cereal, granola bars, that kind of thing). Oh, and we all love spaghetti, so I've been stockpiling our fav. sauce & extra noodles too. Nothing big, but enough that I don't have to go out and do major grocery shopping at 2 weeks pp!

My friend/doula has completed an apprenticeship with an herbalist, so she's going to help me figure out what herbs to have on hand pretty soon. I'm also going to clean more frequently (either myself or get dh to do it) starting at 37 weeks, so that I don't have the baby and then think the toilet needs cleaning at 3 days pp. :LOL

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#6 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 10:16 PM

Rose angel- where do you get the Herbal sitz? I want some too.

I plan on stocking up so I won't be grocery shopping for a few weeks. Dh will take a week off work to help me with everything and best of all my mom will be out for the first month or so to help with dd, cook, clean and be grandma. This makes me so much more relaxed becasue she it the perfect person for the job.
#7 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 10:36 PM

I planned freezer meals and everything.. but it turns out I had a lot of energy after ds was born and wanted to get back to normal, so I went back to cooking elaborate meals the week after ds was born.
#8 of 9 Old 01-12-2005, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Aaudreysmom

http://www.internatural-alternative-...ingr322012.cfm

Here is a bath I have been looking at. I haven't tried it though..
#9 of 9 Old 01-13-2005, 07:48 AM

WOW! That herbal bath product looks great!! I'm tempted to order it right now!!! Anyone else have a similar product they really like so I can choose?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page