Getting Pregnant while using condoms - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-03-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many of you have gotten pregnant while using condoms? DH & I are using condoms while we are trying to figure out whether we want to TTC and I'm just kind of hoping the decision will be made without us.

Anyone??
#2 of 6 Old 02-03-2005, 09:56 PM

We got pregnant both times while using condoms as birth control but we weren't using a condom when we got pregnant, if that makes any sense. For a couple days following my period we would never use a condom. We knew that there was still a chance of getting pregnant but it was our way of throwing caution to the wind and letting things happen if they were meant to. With my first, we decided that I would hold off on law school and we'd start a family "soon". Five days later we found out I was pregnant. This time we decided we'd start "trying' in about six months and a week later found out I was pregnant. I think the risk of using a condom (properly) everytime and getting pregnant is pretty low.

Michele

Michele - Homeschooling mom to Hadley, (10/03 - the 23 week preemie miracle) and Noah, (08/05)
#3 of 6 Old 02-03-2005, 10:57 PM

I know 2 women who've gotten pregnant while using a condom (1 woman it happened twice). they fell off during the act, and one broke.
#4 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 12:10 PM

Ok, I was using FAM to avoid and we were using condoms and I got pregnant. However I do not know for sure if I got pregnant before or during the time we were using condoms. We used them pretty far in advance before I was fertile so I'm inclined to blame the condoms, although none ever obviously malfunctioned.
#5 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 12:48 PM

I got pregnant with my DS using condoms. We had been using them for 4 years previously and I never got pregnant, and nothing seemed to malfunction that time either. I guess it was meant to be!

It was the best thing that ever happened to us!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#6 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 07:36 PM

We were doing a combo of FAM and condoms and got pg this time (who would've thought day 5 was not "safe"?!? )I was still BFing 6 times a day with my then 17 mos old so I'm sure that played a part! Next time we're using at least 2-3 birth control methods at once, LOL!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page